ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU permanent resident transfer

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

olujay25

EU permanent resident transfer

Post by olujay25 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:17 pm

Hello everyone,
Just needs advice,The permanent migration team lost my passport earlier this year and issued my PR on a document called immigration status document. Now I am in a possession of a new passport and rang them to ask what I need to do to have my PR transfer unto the new passport they said I have to make a new application. I made a complain about it to the north west customer service unit about a month ago but no reply and I have also inform the permanent migration team about the new passport no reply also from them. Any advice please on what I can do bcos they also told me that it's not advisable to travel on the immigration status document, i was told this by the UKBA customer service the EU section, that's why I want it transferred. Any advice please on what to do next.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:36 pm

I had the immigration status document for years and never had any problem!
Whoever said it's not advised to travel with it is absolutely wrong!

Anyway, soon you will be able to apply for British Citizenship?

olujay25

Post by olujay25 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:45 pm

UKBA customer service told me that they do not advise me to use it to travel out of UK and i argue with her that what is the point of a document you issue that i can use to do anything other than for work.

AnthCambs
Newly Registered

Post by AnthCambs » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:16 pm

As far as I know, you are allowed to travel with it.
The only issue to to keep it safe and remember to carry it whenever you need to travel.

olujay25

Post by olujay25 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Thank you to people who responded to my query. The North West Customer Correspondence Team replied to my complaint this morning requesting me to send my new passport and immigration status document with a covering letter and copy of the reply to the casework team. According to the letter it says the case has been discussed with the Higher Executive Officer(HEO) of the case work team in Liverpool so I have send it this afternoon on next day delivery with a return next day delivery envlope so it won't cost them postage to send it back.
Thank you all forum.

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:17 pm

So there are still people with some common sense working in government agencies, and they even can get promoted to senior positions!

That's really good news!!

natashik.uk
Newly Registered

Post by natashik.uk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:30 pm

I've got this document, and I travel with it. And I am not going to transfer it. There is no any problem for me.

ollyd
Newly Registered

Urgent information needed in regards to EU permit transfer

Post by ollyd » Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:15 am

I learned few from what you posted from the forum. I will like to know how you go about the process as in what number you called before sending your document, the duration before they return it back to you and did you pay any money for this to be done thanks for having time to read my mails

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Re: EU permanent resident transfer

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:17 pm

olujay25 wrote:The permanent migration team lost my passport earlier this year
Have UKBA compensated you for loosing your passport?

dasjoker

Post by dasjoker » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 pm

meantime home office just updated their web page and now they do transfer..
How to transfer your immigration status to your passport?
If you have an immigration status document, or your endorsement is in an old passport which has expired, you can apply for us to transfer your immigration status to your (new) passport. You must complete and send us a new application form with all the necessary supporting evidence. You will also need to send us your old passport containing the original vignette, or your immigration status document.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ts-family/#

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:56 pm

That is what they were always doing. New application if you want to put the RC in a new passport.

olujay25

Post by olujay25 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:37 pm

Thank you everyone that responded to my query.
I got my passport back yesterday with new permanent resident card.
After delay of delivery by Royal mail UKBA got the passport on 12th sept.2011 and new PR on passport was dated 28th of sept.2011. permanent resident leaflet and a letter enclosed was signed by the Head of department of the permanent migration that the case was referred initially.
So thank you all its all sorted, Waiting for january to come now so i can apply for my Naturalisation hope that goes well.
Thank you.
olujay25