ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa ends in Nov, Ok to apply for course start in Jan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JohnM

PSW visa ends in Nov, Ok to apply for course start in Jan

Post by JohnM » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Dear immigration professionals :)

My wife's Post-Study visa ends in middle November. She wants to go study PHD with January start. I wonder, can we apply for it from inside UK. There is about two months gap between PSW visa end and the start of PHD course. We would prefer to stay in UK because we have a lot of things to do here and PHD course is quite big project, so it's better to prepare for it here while we wait for new visa.

My question is - is it normal in our circumstances to apply from inside UK?

Cheers! :)

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 pm

Can anyone help please? Is it too hard question or anything is not clear? :?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 pm

She can't apply in the UK if her new course starts more than a month after her current leave expires. See tier 4 policy guidance. Don't have access to it now to tell you what para.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

Oh, right. Yea. I actually knew it but forgot. Thanks a lot!!! :D

asifkhan78
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asifkhan78 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:31 am

In this case your wife will go back to her home country to apply for visa as the gap is two months....or the alternative option is your wife can enrole into pre sessional english course for international students which last for 4 to 6 weeks...it will cover this 2 months gap....just inquire at university or college and they can issue cas letter for english course leading to PhD on extra cost obviously.....hope it will help