ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does one answer Questions 8 and 9

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

noddy214

How does one answer Questions 8 and 9

Post by noddy214 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 7:32 am

Some facts about myself:

Am 30 years old and hence doing an Over 28 HSMP application.
Have done my entire schooling in English right upto my graduation.
Have been working for past 10 years and am currently working as a Sales Manager.

My Queries:

In question no. 8 they ask "Do you speak English?" If yes, provide documentary evidence. I do speak english but don't know what to offer as documentary evidence.
Can somebody please advice.

In question no. 9 they ask "Do you hold the necessary relevant qulification
and/or membership to work in your chosen field?".
What should my answer be, yes or no. My field is sales and there are no necessary membership. Also there is no specific qualification required to be in Sales. Please advice.

I am planning to attach various job advertisments as a proof of my employablity once in UK.

What should I do????

Joseph
Member of Standing

Post by Joseph » Sat Mar 20, 2004 11:44 am

noddy214

8 Your degree from an English-speaking university should be enough proof. You should also state that your entire education was in English.

9. State that your degree qualifies you for your profession.

In addition to the UK job ads, you should have detailed documentation of your current and past job responsibilities, to show that you are qualified for those advertised jobs.

Joseph

Melyni
Newly Registered

8 & 9

Post by Melyni » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:11 pm

Noddy - I had the same questions. Here's what I did (mind you I have not heard back from Doncaster yet).

8. I provided a letter indicating that I was educated in the US public school system where classes are delivered in English. I also continued my education in the US private university system (completed bachelors, see original transcript enclosed, and in progress on master degree, see grade report enclosed). Again, all classes were/are delivered in English. I also indicated that the college/university are accredited institutions and where to find the accreditation information on the transcript/grade report.

I didn't do this, but it might help...to enclose an English language brochure from the university.

9. I am in marketing and indicated that no licenses/memberships are required beyond a bachelor's degree and appropriate work experience. I then supplied 3-4 job postings off a variety of UK recruitment services (online)....and highlighted the necessary qualifications section to prove that my statement of only needing a bachelor degree and appropriate work experience is accurate.

Hope that helps.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:25 pm

You could put some 'sense of humor' in the application form and covering letter in order not to 'bore' the caseworker.

forexample in my Covering Letter I wrote :

I undertook my undergraduate and post-graduate studies in the United Kingdom at the University of Leeds. Throughout my university study, the language of instruction was English.

Obviously it is very unlikely that one can study a degree course in the UK and the language of instruction to be say Xhosa :oops:
Where there is a will there is a way.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:04 pm

Originally psoted by Chess:
Obviously it is very unlikely that one can study a degree course in the UK and the language of instruction to be say Xhosa
Unless you were studying a degree in Xhosa say at the School of African & Oriental Studies (SOAS) part of/ constituent school of the University of London :lol: .
I undertook my undergraduate and post-graduate studies in the United Kingdom at the University of Leeds.
Aaaah nowt like Leeds for uni - many a times I have been to Chapel Town for the international cuisine though primarily during happier times for the Elland Road multitudes.