ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application SET(O) form HSMP JR or HSMP ILR JR ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

denisbin
Newly Registered

ILR Application SET(O) form HSMP JR or HSMP ILR JR ?

Post by denisbin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:35 am

Dear sernior members/moderators

I'll appriciate if you please advice me urgently, I'll apply ILR after
ompleting 5 years but it is not clear what category and what options I must select in SET(O) form.

I've arrived UK under HSMP on 11 October 2006, and my initial application was after the 6th April 2006, so I believe I am covered under HSMP Forum Judicial Review as my application approval was before 7 November 2006.

And I've got FLR extension as Tier 1 General on 29 September 2008 and my current leave will end on 29 September 2011

What is my category in SET(O) ?

1- on Page 3 which option I should chose for this question below?

Please complete this page in block capitals and black ink after first reading the payment guidance.
If you are applying as a highly skilled migrant (HSMP), are you doing so under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document? See main guidance notes for more information about this.

2- Which Category I should chose on the form SET(O)?

for page 7
SECTION 3 - WHICH CATEGORY
?

It has Section and Section B as below, but I believe I'll chose Section B, but which category I must select?

Section B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

OR

Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

Whats is the diffrence between these two option?

Many Thanks
Denis[/quote]

ilrtier1

Re: ILR Application SET(O) form HSMP JR or HSMP ILR JR ?

Post by ilrtier1 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:25 am

HI,
My case and visa situation is same as yours.

My answers:

If you are applying as a highly skilled migrant (HSMP), are you doing so under the terms of the HSMP ILR judicial review policy document?

yes / NO

No (I think this HSMP migrant are those who left UK because of the point based system and if they are applying after 4 years for ILR, we got Tier 1 visa after HSMP visa, and after the completion of 5 years we are going to apply. So I think the ans is NO)

See main guidance notes for more information about this.
2- Which Category I should chose on the form SET(O)?

[b]for page 7
SECTION 3 - WHICH CATEGORY[/b]?

It has Section and Section B as below, but I believe I'll chose Section B, but which category I must select?

Section B
Tier 1 (General) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP Forum Judicial Review Policy Document

OR

Highly skilled migrant under the terms of HSMP ILR judicial review policy document

Whats is the diffrence between these two option?

Again, I think we should opt for Tier 1 (general) Migrant applying under the terms of the HSMP forum judical review policy document.

Reason,
Our case, ie, for those who got hsmp approval letter before nov 6, 2006, are subjected to 5 year continous period of stay. But need not to be considered for points.
Another reason for this is ,
The second category u mentioned ' Higly skilled migrant under the terms of the HSMP ilr judicial policy document' - may be for those who are applying after 4 years of stay)

All these are my thoughts, I may be wrong, so pl wait for seniors or moderators........

Thanks

vasanthkumar15
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by vasanthkumar15 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:50 pm

I'm having exactly the same problem , Do we have to write any exams fo settlement

As when I got my extension , I was told I do not have to write any exams for settlement