ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rnr79
Member of Standing

Re: passport pics

Post by rnr79 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:48 am

Nazia88 wrote:hi

when i applied for BC i have sent them a fresh pic aswel which i took just before i sent my application. can i use these pic for the passport application or i have to do it again just woundering.
I took new pics...I think its better to be safe, in the past when they say recent photos for visa application i used more than one year old photos all was ok....

but i guess its better to be safe and just take new photos....

daniash

Re: congratulations

Post by daniash » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 am

rnr79 wrote:Once i cools down after my Indian OCI application etc...i am going to make long complain and i will keep chasing with UKBA...i am such a pest to the people who give problems to me...so UKBA is going to get some pain from me on the fact the way they process their applications
Yes rnr, go for it, we are all on your side, this is unacceptable and it's time someone made some noise about it!

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:44 am

rnr79 wrote:

when i applied for BC i have sent them a fresh pic aswel which i took just before i sent my application. can i use these pic for the passport application or i have to do it again just woundering.
I took new pics...I think its better to be safe, in the past when they say recent photos for visa application i used more than one year old photos all was ok....

UKBA can accept 6 months old picture, but for passport, they accept picture not more than 1 month old. Therefore, if you send the old picture which you sent to UKBA , there is a possibility that they have UKBA picture on their records and put objection on it.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am

Thank you Vipul

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:14 pm

gorayah wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

UKBA can accept 6 months old picture, but for passport, they accept picture not more than 1 month old. Therefore, if you send the old picture which you sent to UKBA , there is a possibility that they have UKBA picture on their records and put objection on it.
thank you both of you yes i will get new one with new hair style lol 8)
NAZIA XX

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:41 pm

Looks like few applicatanst left behind from April,May awaiting decisions.Any more updates on your case guys?

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Looks like the average processing time has increased to 3 months from May 2011.

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:Looks like few applicatanst left behind from April,May awaiting decisions.Any more updates on your case guys?
Applied on 10th June and made many phone calls since 14 July but same answer waiting for allocation in the queue.

Last time I called on 2 September and been told waiting for allocation.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:10 pm

AALI24 wrote:
Man_In_Barc wrote:Looks like few applicatanst left behind from April,May awaiting decisions.Any more updates on your case guys?
Applied on 10th June and made many phone calls since 14 July but same answer waiting for allocation in the queue.

Last time I called on 2 September and been told waiting for allocation.
I applied on May5th still waiting,hopfully based on present timeline yours should be decided and decision reached within a month.I expect decision to be taken within the next two weeks.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:04 pm

A friend and I both applied through NCS ar roughly thr same time (fees debited on the same date, 23rd May)

He was told a decision has been made last Friday; I called yesterday and was told the same; awaiting the letter.

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:59 am

Hi Guys

Any Approvals Today? :roll:

skr27

updates

Post by skr27 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:11 am

Not much movement from anyone, it look like. all the active members are on their way with their passport. So its up to us the next to keep it going. So just to start with. I did called this monday (5th Sept) and was still waiting to be allocated to case worker...

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:18 am

Nothing from me, it has now been four months (app rcvd 10th May).
Anyone from April still?

Nazia88

Re: updates

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:47 am

[quote="skr27"]Not much movement from anyone, it look like. all the active members are on their way with their passport. So its up to us the next to keep it going. So just to start with. I did called this monday (5th Sept) and was still waiting to be allocated to case worker...[/quote

dont worry i will be still here i havnt got my passport though, but i will be here even after passport. you are right mostly members gone away. i try my best to be here for support for everyone. goodluck
NAZIA XX

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:02 pm

I think two applicanst karwan1(Jan 2011) and tahir_mahmood (Apr 2011) are waiting and rest from may like pkalluri,daniash,ILR applicant,sonya,sam_london

skr27

updates

Post by skr27 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:02 pm

thank you Nazia you are a star

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:06 pm

On another Immigration forum similar to this i did see few applicants waiting from May as well.Someone whose AN application has been sent to home country for further checks has received approval within 5 months.

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:41 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:On another Immigration forum similar to this i did see few applicants waiting from May as well.Someone whose AN application has been sent to home country for further checks has received approval within 5 months.
How does one know if the application was sent to the home country? Will they tell you?

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:49 pm

For that person they did disclose it to him when he called UKBA to get status update,When i called solicitor whom i have used for ILR and not for naturlisation.He did tell me that sometimes they do extra checks for some people and they check with local high commission from where he hails.MY solicitor said the best way to get that information is having good rapport with call centre advisor of UKBA to get further info.It depends on the person whether he wants to divulge any info or read the standard script of 3-6 months.Any time i called i never had that rapport and didnt get much info.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:52 pm

Like for say karwan(who posts in here) did post on another portal i am talking of ,he complained to UKBA through solicitor and MP three or four times and no result after 8 months.
The other person got approved in 5 months after a complaint from a solicitor.

It varies case by case that's my final thought.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:01 pm

To sum up one would get approved if he satisfies
1. Residence qualifying period
2. Good Character
3. Hasnt evaded taxes(could be "due" to HMRC if self employed or PAYE) but there should be no history where the person has made a purpose to evade tax rather then being due i.e not paying on time ).
Dont worry everyone would get approved but not in the same timespan.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

I dont want to spoil the weekend but i would call UKBA on monday to get update. :x

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for the info, it is extremely disheartening that after many solicitor complaints the machine didn't move and still no results after 8 months!
Sometimes I fear that is going to be my fate too.
What does they tell him on the phone? That it is 'still in queue'?!

AALI24

Re: checks

Post by AALI24 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

simon1111 wrote:I know of thing which is PNC, wandering any further checks to that for BC ?
If you refer to UKBA website its mentioned as:

What checks do they make? " We make checks with the police in all cases where the good character requirement applies. Additional checks may be made with other government departments and agencies, depending on the particular circumstances of the applicant."

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:21 pm

daniash wrote:
Nothing from me, it has now been four months (app rcvd 10th May).
Anyone from April still?
Daniash
I am also waiting for your approval as well because we applied with a different of one date and I got my approval on 2nd Sept.
Inshahllah Your one coming soon.
Good Luck
Last edited by gorayah on Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.