ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + child born in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dba_kkk

ILR + child born in UK

Post by dba_kkk » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi All,

I have read many topics on the issue and gained some knowledge but still some gray areas and need some final suggestions
So I request all senior members and gurus to please answer my questions if even they annoy you and are repeated !!!!sorry :?

what will be the appropriate/legal way to register my child as a British citizen?

My details

I fall under the HSMP JR (April – Nov) 2006 category
Leave remaining till 30th of Nov 2011
ILR eligibility by 2nd NOV 2011
My wife is a dependent on me since Nov 2007

We had a baby girl July 4th 2011 ( she doesn’t even have a Indian passport), we don’t have any plans to travel abroad until Feb 2012

Path 1
1) Apply for Indian passport for my child ( £150 including the travelling fares + application fees from where I live to HCI London)

2) Include My child as a dependent along with my wife in ILR application (which costs and extra around £500)

3) Register My child as BC using FORM MN1( Fees I don’t Know how much guessing around £460)

4) Apply for British Passport

Path 2

1) Apply for ILR with my only my wife as dependent ( exclude my child as it saves £500)

2) Register My child as BC using FORM MN1

3) Apply for British Passport

I am at the correct junction now Any replies will really help me to decide which path to follow

Cheers
Dba_kkk

John

Post by John » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:31 pm

For the avoidance of doubt, please confirm your baby was born in the UK and is currently in the UK.

If yes, your Path 2 is quite OK. As soon as you and/or your wife have ILR, an application for Registration as British for the baby can be made under section 1(3), an entitlement application ... no UKBA discretion involved .... and it does not matter at all whether or not the baby has their own ILR.
John

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:47 am

Hi John,

yes my baby was born in UK and she is in UK since then

cheers
dba_kkk

John

Post by John » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:54 am

Thanks for that confirmation. So your Path 2 is fine.
John

dba_kkk

Post by dba_kkk » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:28 am

Hi John,

thanks for your immediate response

in your reply section 1(3) refers to this
is that correct

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61/section/1

cheers
dba_kkk

John

Post by John » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:22 am

Yes, that is correct. On the MN1 application form 1(3) needs to be entered in answer to a particular question.
John