ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing citizenship ceremony venue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

sunny69
Newly Registered

Changing citizenship ceremony venue

Post by sunny69 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:49 am

Hi

Recently my wife got an approval letter from UKBA that her application for citizenship was successful (as a spouse of BC category). I should add that it took very long time like 3 months for the process!! And since we have mentioned in the application form that we prefer Ceremony at Dudley council, they alloted the same even though we live in Birmingham area. Now when we called to check for available dates for Public ceremony, they say the nearest is on Oct 27th!!! Of course I want to avoid taking the Private ceremony route only for the reason as it is not so urgent. But it is good to have it complete though :wink:

Now my question, is it possible to request the Dudley office to transfer our request to Birmingham as I feel the dates might be little closer here than they currently offer? OR if it is going to be so cumbersome, I will leave as it is.

Many thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:11 pm

Your wife's naturalisation certificate will now be with Dudley council. You should call them to enquire if they would be willing to transfer it to another council.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sunny69
Newly Registered

Post by sunny69 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Many thanks for your quick reply and also I realised my subject is now more generic and will be helpful for others in future who has the same issues but could be with other councils (thanks again!!)

I think I will leave this as it is just not to complicate it further. After all we waited for so long and with the knowledge that it has been approved but only takes few more months to complete all the next processes, I don't think we will loose any sleep over it :D

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Yes, its worth waiting if you do not want a private ceremony.
For others, my advise is to check with the Council( simple phone call or email) as to how often they have a public or private ceremony, before, they put the name of the council on the application form.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:55 am

gidoc wrote:Yes, its worth waiting if you do not want a private ceremony.
For others, my advise is to check with the Council( simple phone call or email) as to how often they have a public or private ceremony, before, they put the name of the council on the application form.
hi,

i am living in glasgow i tried to book an private cermony but they said we dont do private cermony so you have to wait for long to attend the group cermony. but home office said you have to attend a the cermony either group or private.
NAZIA XX

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm

gidoc wrote:my advise is to check with the Council( simple phone call or email) as to how often they have a public or private ceremony, before, they put the name of the council on the application form.
Agree,

Helpful to shop around! Call up the council where you live and other councils that you live close (or can travel) to, enquire about the frequency of ceremonies and current waiting times.

Put one down in the form that suits you best, given the information you have compiled through such calls.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!