ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Medicals Examination at Heathrow

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

balak2

Medicals Examination at Heathrow

Post by balak2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Got my Tier 1 and planning to travel next month. Just wanted to check something regarding the medical examination at Heathrow. I have high blood pressure and am taking medication for the same. Is this going to be a problem in my examination?

ChetanOjha

Re: Medicals Examination at Heathrow

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:50 pm

They might ask you to provide Chest X-ray. High BP will not be a problem as people's BP shoot even when they ask simple questions. :-)
balak2 wrote:Got my Tier 1 and planning to travel next month. Just wanted to check something regarding the medical examination at Heathrow. I have high blood pressure and am taking medication for the same. Is this going to be a problem in my examination?

balak2

Post by balak2 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks chetanojha. Do they do a blood test as well? Also, is it only in Heathrow where they have these medical examinations or is it present at all the airports in UK?

jishar81
Newly Registered

Post by jishar81 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Where is settelment immigration medical examinations done these days? is it at the place of application or when you land at heathrow?

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Keep your x-ray film as well as doctor's report (a single pager).
They check for doctor's report (should not be more than 6months old).

On immigration, officer will ask you to go to medical which is a room in the same area.

Keep your local address (and a contact number of friend/etc) handy to fill out on the form.

Nothing else.