ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP after HSMP approval?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neo
Newly Registered

WP after HSMP approval?

Post by neo » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:01 pm

I got HSMP approval this week. Thanks everyone so much in the board. My time line is:
Doc Sent: 24 Jul 2006, in country
Credit card charged: 26 Jul
Reference Num got on 16 Aug via email
apploval: 23 Aug
Doc returned: 28 Aug.
I'm looking forward to having more members to share my happiness.

Now I'm thinking of a new problem. My current work permit will expire in January of 2007, I was told by Human Resource department that they would have my WP extended in October. However, I don't want my employer to know my HSMP at this time.

I'm thinking of a scene:
1) Agree to extend WP and get FLR under WP in November
2) Apply FLR under HSMP after WP in December, normally it will cancel the existing WP

But I'm not very sure about the arrangement and want to ask for ideas from senior membors who have better understanding on the policies. The two concerns are:
1) the WP approval letter will be later than HSMP, does it have impact to the HSMP approval I already got?
2) the new WP FLR will take effect from next January to another 2 years although the issue date will be in November. Can the HSMP FLR I get in December cancel the new WP visa, in despite of the latter effective date?

It's a technical question and looks like a puzzle. Hope someone give advice. Great Thanks.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:04 am

Basic rule of the thumb - Your new visa will always supercede your old visa. Your old visa stamp will no longer be valid. When you apply for an FLR, you are doing just that, applying for an extension and further leave to remain in this country in one of the designated categories (weather HSMP or WP is irrelevant to the equation)
the WP approval letter will be later than HSMP, does it have impact to the HSMP approval I already got?
They are unrelated valid documents. Your WP extension documents dont cross out your HSMP approval simply because they are not visa extensions. They become visa extensions respectively only when you apply for FLR. Therefore had you applied for FLR based on HSMP and then applied for WP extension then you would have invalidated your stay in the country based on your HSMP status and visa versa.
2) the new WP FLR will take effect from next January to another 2 years although the issue date will be in November. Can the HSMP FLR I get in December cancel the new WP visa, in despite of the latter effective date?
Yes it will.

neo
Newly Registered

Post by neo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:42 am

Great! I can avoid some risks in this way. Thanks MWazir!!!