ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees known Spouse for 3 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rumtum
Newly Registered

Referees known Spouse for 3 years

Post by rumtum » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi All,

My wife will be applying for British Citizenship soon. She will be submitting her application the day after 3 years have passed since she arrived in the UK. My question is how can someone who applies exactly 3 years after entering the country find referees who have know her for MORE than 3 years?? We don't really know anyone professional who we would have stayed in touch with the day she landed in the UK and professional people we may know will probably have know her for 2 and a half years...

Thanks,

RUMTUM
Last edited by rumtum on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 am

If its 3 years in all it will suffice. Best will be to approach a family friend if any or GP.

rumtum
Newly Registered

Referee known spouse for 3 years

Post by rumtum » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:59 am

Thanks gidoc. So you mean if someone has known her for 2 years and the other for 1 then it will be OK? Also I thought family cannot be referees and also GPs are not deemed suitable "professional" referees anymore?

Member of Standing

Re: Referee known spouse for 3 years

Post by 1664 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

rumtum wrote:Thanks gidoc. So you mean if someone has known her for 2 years and the other for 1 then it will be OK? Also I thought family cannot be referees and also GPs are not deemed suitable "professional" referees anymore?
for the person that know your wife from 2.5 years would agree to knowing her for 6 months more before he/she actually met her...assuming your refree is in country.
So put it down as three years but first tell/ask that refree so he gets a heads up

and I think you are right GP aren't meant to be referring any more..

Good Luck

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 pm

Thanks gidoc. So you mean if someone has known her for 2 years and the other for 1 then it will be OK? Also I thought family cannot be referees and also GPs are not deemed suitable "professional" referees anymore?
1. They need to separately have known her for close to 3 yrs.
2.'Family friends' are not family members, they are 'friends'of the family ie your friends
3.GPs or any doctors you know are fine as referees provided they agree to be one