ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gorayah

Re: updates

Post by gorayah » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
skr27 wrote:Not much movement from anyone, it look like. all the active members are on their way with their passport. So its up to us the next to keep it going. So just to start with. I did called this monday (5th Sept) and was still waiting to be allocated to case worker...[/quote

dont worry i will be still here i havnt got my passport though, but i will be here even after passport. you are right mostly members gone away. i try my best to be here for support for everyone. goodluck
Nazia
Have you received your ceremony invitation letter?

Good Luck

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:28 pm

daniash wrote:
Man_In_Barc wrote:Looks like few applicatanst left behind from April,May awaiting decisions.Any more updates on your case guys?
Nothing from me, it has now been four months (app rcvd 10th May).
Anyone from April still?

UKBA received application on 18th April. Called on 5th Sep...still awaiting to be allcoted to case worker...

daniash

Post by daniash » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:41 pm

TahirMahmood wrote:UKBA received application on 18th April. Called on 5th Sep...still awaiting to be allcoted to case worker...
What a nightmare. I wish you a speedy end to all this very soon.
Now, if only we KNEW the reason why........... it would be more bearable.

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:24 pm

I am still waiting-called 2 weeks ago for an update-no decision was made by then- i am not going to call them anymore...I applied on 6th june payment deducted 15th june...

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:14 pm

gorayah wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
skr27 wrote:Not much movement from anyone, it look like. all the active members are on their way with their passport. So its up to us the next to keep it going. So just to start with. I did called this monday (5th Sept) and was still waiting to be allocated to case worker...[/quote

dont worry i will be still here i havnt got my passport though, but i will be here even after passport. you are right mostly members gone away. i try my best to be here for support for everyone. goodluck
Nazia
Have you received your ceremony invitation letter?

Good Luck
no not yet but i called they said it been posted on 6the septmeber by 2nd class post it will take 4/5 working days i hope that letter will deliver on monday i will let you know thanks.
NAZIA XX

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:57 am

I have been reading the last few pages and it's mostly discussions and speculations - nothing much I can add there.
Having said that my best my best wishes to all those waiting.. Hang in there and you'll hear when the time comes( I guess it's easir said than done)

Good luck to all

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:56 am

any approval last week i think not much but hope from tommor i will hear goodluck for those who still wating.
NAZIA XX

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:41 pm

sudhirdige wrote:I am still waiting-called 2 weeks ago for an update-no decision was made by then- i am not going to call them anymore...I applied on 6th june payment deducted 15th june...
Cool! I have the exact same timeline. NCS Southport though instead of Manchester. Still waiting. Called a few times though and got the same answer as you did.
Jabi

shs213

Post by shs213 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 pm

just a concern...

waiting for my mrs naturalisation application...

she worked on and off over the last couple of years... obviously during this time peiord she over paid taxes and we managed to recover her over payment for the last FY... following the correct steps...

wrote to HMRC, they replied confirming th over payment for the last FY and also confirmed the years prior to last FY are paid correctly... AND sent a cheque for the over payment...

does anyone know if this will event could create any delays to the application? I know no wrong doing here; but as part of HO checks they would surely check HMRC to get the nod on tax...

My worry is HO is HMRC both are inefficient and two inefficient organisation working together - i can only imagine a longer delay :d

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:22 pm

sidra4015 wrote:
skr27 wrote:Good luck to you Sidra4015. Hope HO get back to you with a positive decision next week.
THANKS,good wishes for me,i pray for your success as well,thanks

sidra any news from your end
NAZIA XX

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:44 am

Hi everyone,

Hope you ok, I have couple of questions to ask and would be grateful if you could help me with the answer, today I had my BC application approved (took 8 months and 1 day), I am planning to attend the ceremony and get the citizenship certificate soon. However, I am also have all the arrangements in place to travel abroad very soon, mean I have no time for british passport application. My questions are:
Would I face any problem in my return to the UK travelling in a foreigner passport (my original passport endorsed with ILR) while carrying BC certificate at the same time?
At the airport, what should I do, filling the land card and go to the international queue and presenting my original passport while carrying the BC certificate with me or I should go to the british national queue?
Is the ILR valid on my current passport if I gain the BC certificate? am I still allowed to use my current passport to travel abroad?

If you could answer the above question then you would do me a great favour, thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am

karwan1 wrote:Hi everyone,

Hope you ok, I have couple of questions to ask and would be grateful if you could help me with the answer, today I had my BC application approved (took 8 months and 1 day), I am planning to attend the ceremony and get the citizenship certificate soon. However, I am also have all the arrangements in place to travel abroad very soon, mean I have no time for british passport application. My questions are:
Would I face any problem in my return to the UK travelling in a foreigner passport (my original passport endorsed with ILR) while carrying BC certificate at the same time?
At the airport, what should I do, filling the land card and go to the international queue and presenting my original passport while carrying the BC certificate with me or I should go to the british national queue?
Is the ILR valid on my current passport if I gain the BC certificate? am I still allowed to use my current passport to travel abroad?

If you could answer the above question then you would do me a great favour, thanks in advance.
Technically speaking, your ILR is not valid any more. Practiclly speaking, as a British citizen you are not required to enter the UK on a British passport. If you just fill in a landing card, go to the non-EU queue and show your ILR, it should be OK (other members of the forum did that in the past). You can show your BC certificate and start explaining your whole story but not worth wasting time on that. Just act as a non-British with ILR.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am

1) what is your current nationality?
2) After the nat ceremony you no longer belong to your country of origin. You become British at the point of taking the oath. So it is not recommended to travel on your non-british passport after the naturalisation.
3) It also depends on if your first country offers dual citizenship. Which ever it is; the correct way should be you get the Brit PP then apply for dual - until then using the old pp is a big no no...
4) Can you not go on your holiday; get back and do the naturalisation?

We know ppl who travel with the old pp between the nat & Brit pp is arrived; up to the individual, but not recommended. This question is asked here before; do a search you will find...

btw; welcome to the forum!!

bob1979
Newly Registered

Post by bob1979 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:18 am

Hope theyhave done their checks on me already, I was snapped by a speed camera last night:(
I was doing about 58 in a 50 zone.
Bit worried about this.

I applied around June 20 with the payment taken a few days later. Still in the famous queue, waiting to be assigned to a case worker.

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:53 am

bob1979 wrote:Hope theyhave done their checks on me already, I was snapped by a speed camera last night:(
Bit worried about this.

I applied around June 20 with the payment taken a few days later. Still in the famous queue, waiting to be assigned to a case worker.
i drive a lot - and after I applied mine I always wondered what would happen in such a situation that you've described above.

I think - mere speculation that the fine happened after your application hence its nothing much you can do,however, is this something you should call UKBA and update them about - I am not sure!!

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:16 pm

bob1979 wrote:Hope theyhave done their checks on me already, I was snapped by a speed camera last night:(
Bit worried about this.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... plication/

The above link should tell what's best for you.You cannot be taken to court if you do not get notice of intended prosecution within 14 days.So you have to wait 14 days before thinking of reporting to UKBA.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Very pleased to hear the good news for you.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:03 pm

as far as i know if your country of origin allow the dual nationaility then yes you can travel but keep the certificate with you. i have friend of mine he is from pakistan he got his citizenship in back in 1995 and he applied his first british passport last year so he was a british national for atleast 15year without british passport i asked him and he said he travelled alot without any problem. goodluck
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:53 pm

i have received my invitation letter today (dated 31/08/11) for the ceromony and i booked my group cermony on 28th of this month (28/09/11). and whishing best luck for those who still wating.

sidra and daniash did you hear anything today. and big congrates to karwan1.
NAZIA XX

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:58 pm

Man_In_Barc wrote:

Very pleased to hear the good news for you.

Thank you bro, and thanks everybody for their replies, really helpful, good luck to everyone waiting.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:00 pm

@karwan1 - sorry for asking, but why did your application take that long. How long have you been in this country? Any CCJs or criminal records? Mine is gone coming to 4 months soon I am really getting worrie....I have in the country 10 years and have CCJ and a few penalty points.

daniash

Post by daniash » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:03 pm

karwan:
Congratulations!! Bloody hell, I bet you are relieved. 8 months. Damn. Did you learn of any reason why it took so long? I am SO happy for you.
Did they ever contact you by phone or letter to explain or ask for more info, or did they keep silent for all that time and then suddenly approved you?
Great news though. Enjoy! At last!

bob1979:
This is why I haven't touched my car since applying for citizenship. With already one FPN I don't want to take even the smallest risk. Hopefully the notification of the fine will take a while to arrive and by then you might have got approved! You might not even get one.

Nazia:
Nothing last Saturday, today, as usual, I'll get excited when I open my front door coming back from work... it might be the right day. Thanks for your concern though, and I hope your ceremony goes smoothly and you'll soon be out of the tunnel.

karwan1

Post by karwan1 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:50 pm

daniash wrote:karwan:
Congratulations!! Bloody hell, I bet you are relieved. 8 months. Damn. Did you learn of any reason why it took so long? I am SO happy for you.
Did they ever contact you by phone or letter to explain or ask for more info, or did they keep silent for all that time and then suddenly approved you?
Great news though. Enjoy! At last!

bob1979:
This is why I haven't touched my car since applying for citizenship. With already one FPN I don't want to take even the smallest risk. Hopefully the notification of the fine will take a while to arrive and by then you might have got approved! You might not even get one.

Nazia:
Nothing last Saturday, today, as usual, I'll get excited when I open my front door coming back from work... it might be the right day. Thanks for your concern though, and I hope your ceremony goes smoothly and you'll soon be out of the tunnel.

Thanks, it was long like hell, but yeap, all is done and happy now, the only reason i was given again and again was they are checking my background, I guess they realised after 8 months that I am neither a serial killer or a cannibal.

To wizhera, I ve been here for 11 years, no criminal record (otherwise I would not been granted BC lol), beside, why should you be worried, 4 months already gone, there is nothing you can do, just wait for your approval, good luck to you and everyone.

skr27

congrats

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:07 pm

Congrats karwan1. can't imagine waiting for 8 months myself. but may be I should be prepared for it.

nothing in the post for me... didn't dare to call them again now.

daniash

Received Approval

Post by daniash » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Hey guys!
I am thrilled to say that I found a big brown envelope on my doorstep as I came home and yes!
It is the approval letter!
Total time waited is just over 4 months.
Now the second wait begins, the wait for the invitation. But the big one is over. The approval letter tells me not to contact the council until the invitation is received, I can't wait!

Needless to say I am over the moon and I feel like a new person!
Thanks to everyone who kept my spirits high.
And to those who are still waiting, unless you are the most cursed person in the world like Karwan (just kidding!) you should be hearing soon.

I'm getting the impression that the UKBA bosses are going through the list of applicants and ordering their caseworkers to process all the 'forgotten' applications, so keep your hopes up!

I'm having a well-deserved drink now... :)