ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

PK
- thin ice -

Re: Received Approval

Post by PK » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:09 pm

daniash wrote:Hey guys!
I am thrilled to say that I found a big brown envelope on my doorstep as I came home and yes!
It is the approval letter!
Total time waited is just over 4 months.
Now the second wait begins, the wait for the invitation. But the big one is over. The approval letter tells me not to contact the council until the invitation is received, I can't wait!

Needless to say I am over the moon and I feel like a new person!
Thanks to everyone who kept my spirits high.
And to those who are still waiting, unless you are the most cursed person in the world like Karwan (just kidding!) you should be hearing soon.

I'm getting the impression that the UKBA bosses are going through the list of applicants and ordering their caseworkers to process all the 'forgotten' applications, so keep your hopes up!

I'm having a well-deserved drink now... :)

Hey Mate
Congrats......I'm sure you deserve a pint..have fun and enjoy the moment...

Hope I get my decision soon..
PK

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:40 pm

wow congrats guys daniash you must be so releived now...and karwan1...well done mate..i must say that you might have become a stronger person and can go through any tortuous sitiation in the life now ...
Enjoy guys and take your time to celebrate :)

And i will say here again that if you have been waiting for more that 3 months now...the letter will come throguh suddenly and unexpecetly at any time now :)

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:42 pm

bob1979 wrote:Hope theyhave done their checks on me already, I was snapped by a speed camera last night:(
I was doing about 58 in a 50 zone.
Bit worried about this.

I applied around June 20 with the payment taken a few days later. Still in the famous queue, waiting to be assigned to a case worker.
Hello mate...believe me i turned on a no turn right side, the very next day after my application...was so much worried that i am going to get fined/court order etc..as there are lots of cameras in central london.....but nothing happened....

so i would suggest not to worry or contact UKBA just now untill you get anything is writing

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:44 pm

Nazia88 wrote:i have received my invitation letter today (dated 31/08/11) for the ceromony and i booked my group cermony on 28th of this month (28/09/11). and whishing best luck for those who still wating.

sidra and daniash did you hear anything today. and big congrates to karwan1.
Congrats Nazia88... from here onwards i think its just matter of time and process..all will be easy and straight forward...good luck

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:21 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:honestly i cant trust on ukba anymore last time i called on 19th and gentleman clearly told me that my application is not in the Q becaause its been nearly 3 month now and your application is under consideration and i called today the laday said its still in the Q. cant understand what to say them and what to aske them. totally fedup.
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member and Moderator specialy JOHN who helped me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx

MASSIVE CONGRAT mate....im happi for you atleast the long wait is over you are almost there in less than 2months from today you will be smiling wiv your mint cutie lookin Red booklet....have been out of the country for over 2weeks jus got back 2days ago....it feels so gud travelin wiv a brit passport :) my passport is no longer a virgin passport as i now have 2stamps on it...anyway wish you all the best and also wishin all other members who are still waitin to hear from HO all the best of luck...i have one thing to say to those who are still on the waitin list...as long as you have a clean record no matter how long its takes the HO to get back to you jus relax i knw its easier said but there is nuffin one can do untill they are done wiv there checks ,as long as u are clean u will deffinately get an APPROVAL even if you have some minor offences in the past as long as you mension them in ur app u will be jus fine...GOODLUCK

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:26 pm

Nazia88 wrote:i have received my invitation letter today (dated 31/08/11) for the ceromony and i booked my group cermony on 28th of this month (28/09/11). and whishing best luck for those who still wating.

Congrats Nazia
Wait is over now. Lets carry on with next phase :)

Best of Luck.

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:34 pm

I am thrilled to say that I found a big brown envelope on my doorstep as I came home and yes!
Now the second wait begins, the wait for the invitation. But the big one is over. The approval letter tells me not to contact the council until the invitation is received, I can't wait!

And to those who are still waiting, unless you are the most cursed person in the world like Karwan (just kidding!) you should be hearing soon.

I'm getting the impression that the UKBA bosses are going through the list of applicants and ordering their caseworkers to process all the 'forgotten' applications, so keep your hopes up!

Congrats Daniash
The big wait is over now. Have a drink & enjoy the moment.

Wish you best of luck for next phase.

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:48 pm

BC update

Method of application: Solicitor, Postal
Date of receipt by UKBA: 21-June-11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 06-July-2011 (Dated 01-July-2011)
Date of debit of fees: 07-July-2011
Date of receipt of approval: Pending
Date of Ceremony: Pending

12/09/11: Desicion made on 5th sept and documents sent on 9th sept.

the problem is that the solicitor has moved from his address and I don't know his new address!!!!!!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:08 pm

heyy daniash i told you are the next and have drink cheers. :lol:
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:13 pm

forwardever wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:honestly i cant trust on ukba anymore last time i called on 19th and gentleman clearly told me that my application is not in the Q becaause its been nearly 3 month now and your application is under consideration and i called today the laday said its still in the Q. cant understand what to say them and what to aske them. totally fedup.
guyz i called on tuesay got told my application is in the Q. i got my an approval today dated 30/08/11 and thanks for the my all mates who always give me best wishes and always pray for me....i am so happy today :lol: :lol: ..i will be here all the time for those who need any advice or help. i would like to thanks to senior member and Moderator specialy JOHN who helped me alot and all others aswel. good luck for those who are still waiting.

regards
nazia xx

MASSIVE CONGRAT mate....im happi for you atleast the long wait is over you are almost there in less than 2months from today you will be smiling wiv your mint cutie lookin Red booklet....have been out of the country for over 2weeks jus got back 2days ago....it feels so gud travelin wiv a brit passport :) my passport is no longer a virgin passport as i now have 2stamps on it...anyway wish you all the best and also wishin all other members who are still waitin to hear from HO all the best of luck...i have one thing to say to those who are still on the waitin list...as long as you have a clean record no matter how long its takes the HO to get back to you jus relax i knw its easier said but there is nuffin one can do untill they are done wiv there checks ,as long as u are clean u will deffinately get an APPROVAL even if you have some minor offences in the past as long as you mension them in ur app u will be jus fine...GOODLUCK
than you very much yes i am much relaxed and looking forward to the next stage. thats good you enjoyed ur visit outside the uk keep in touch take care and once again thanks alot.

regards
nazia
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:13 pm

gorayah wrote:

Congrats Nazia
Wait is over now. Lets carry on with next phase :)

Best of Luck.
thanks mate yes looking forward to the next phase now :)
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm

rnr79 wrote:

Congrats Nazia88... from here onwards i think its just matter of time and process..all will be easy and straight forward...good luck
thanks rnr79 hows ur OCI process is going are u going outside the uk or your still wanna keep your passport virgin lol
NAZIA XX

rnr79
Member of Standing

Post by rnr79 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

thanks rnr79 hows ur OCI process is going are u going outside the uk or your still wanna keep your passport virgin lol
I am waiting for surrender certificate, i think it will be November before i get my OCI.... and regarding passport...lol...I have already booked couple of short holidays ...NewYork and Dubai........cant wait for visa free travel :)

skr27

congrats

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Congratulations Daniash. :D

skr27

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello PK, we have same timeline. good news about Mego_1980 whose application also reached UKBA on the same day as ours. Lets hope they are dealing with the June cases now. figures crossed...

PK wrote:

Hey Mate
Congrats......I'm sure you deserve a pint..have fun and enjoy the moment...

Hope I get my decision soon..
PK

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:28 pm

rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

I am waiting for surrender certificate, i think it will be November before i get my OCI.... and regarding passport...lol...I have already booked couple of short holidays ...NewYork and Dubai........cant wait for visa free travel :)

yea man nuffin is as sweet as travellin wivout worryin abt visa...enjoy your holiday and dis virgin that passport lol...that wuld be 4 stamps after your trip to NY and DUBAI..boi i cant wait to have more stamps on mine

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:46 pm

[quote="skr27"]Hello PK, we have same timeline. good news about Mego_1980 whose application also reached UKBA on the same day as ours. Lets hope they are dealing with the June cases now. figures crossed...

Hi skr27

Yes we have the same exact timeline and after goodnews from Mego_1980 ( who has exactly the same timeline) I'm really positive that we will get our decision this week.. fingers crossed..

Pk

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:13 pm

rnr79 wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
rnr79 wrote:

good thats realy good.
NAZIA XX

skr27

Post by skr27 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:49 pm

That will be really great. My worry (speculation) is that I have been in the UK for more than 13 years. Which means UKBA will have to check a records for a longer period, unless they only check it for the qualifying residential period. No idea how these things works.... anyone have better insight on these???

PK wrote:
skr27 wrote:Hello PK, we have same timeline. good news about Mego_1980 whose application also reached UKBA on the same day as ours. Lets hope they are dealing with the June cases now. figures crossed...

Hi skr27

Yes we have the same exact timeline and after goodnews from Mego_1980 ( who has exactly the same timeline) I'm really positive that we will get our decision this week.. fingers crossed..

Pk

daniash

Post by daniash » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:51 pm

Thanks for all your good posts, you are great.

One question I'm thinking, I would have to wait over 3 weeks for a group ceremony, so I'm considering a private ceremony. Money is not an issue, but I'm just wondering: is it worth going to the group ceremony? Is it more interesting, or emotional, or memorable? Or not really all that interesting?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:58 pm

daniash wrote:Thanks for all your good posts, you are great.

One question I'm thinking, I would have to wait over 3 weeks for a group ceremony, so I'm considering a private ceremony. Money is not an issue, but I'm just wondering: is it worth going to the group ceremony? Is it more interesting, or emotional, or memorable? Or not really all that interesting?
ofcourse group cermony is more emotional and memorable for exmaple just imagin if you want to get married what would you choose lol. but if you are in hurry and want to travel soon then go for a private one but mostly i have noticed not botherd about the cermony.
NAZIA XX

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 am

Lol! The 'Official' Naturalisation thread appears dead. I have to come here for any useful information. It is interesting to note this 'Satyagraha' response to the "cleaning up" of the other one- intentional or not.
Jabi

skr27

update

Post by skr27 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:44 am

@Mego-1980, PK, Osteophytes, AALI24, bob1979: any news?

PK
- thin ice -

Re: update

Post by PK » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:55 am

skr27 wrote:@Mego-1980, PK, Osteophytes, AALI24, bob1979: any news?
Not yet skr27..
Nothing yet ....how about you...anything in the post for u today?

PK

AALI24

Re: update

Post by AALI24 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:02 am

skr27 wrote:@Mego-1980, PK, Osteophytes, AALI24, bob1979: any news?
No news from me at the moment. anxiously waiting :roll: