ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Are the processing times changing?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thetruthprevials

Are the processing times changing?

Post by Thetruthprevials » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

I had my interview last Thursday morning and i was expecting a 30min interview. It lasted for about 15mins or so. The lady was very friendly and said my application will go to the printers in the evening and i should expect the passport to arrive within the next 4-5 working days. Guess what? my passport arrived last Monday way quicker than 4-5 days:)

I wonder if they are changing their processing times? what do you guys think?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:54 am

It's more down to the delivery company schedules than anything else. Passport are usually printed on the same day of the interview or the day after.

Markie

Re: Are the processing times changing?

Post by Markie » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am

The so called 30min interview and 4-5 working days are their generic responses.

As mentioned by Jambo, passport/s are usually printed on the same day after your interview and IPS do not rely on a single printing company so it may as well deliveyr time.

It happened to us...3 out of 4 arrived 2 days after interview and the last one arrived 4 days later! 2 diff printing companies were utilised as explained to us by lady from the passport helpline.
Thetruthprevials wrote:I had my interview last Thursday morning and i was expecting a 30min interview. It lasted for about 15mins or so. The lady was very friendly and said my application will go to the printers in the evening and i should expect the passport to arrive within the next 4-5 working days. Guess what? my passport arrived last Monday way quicker than 4-5 days:)

I wonder if they are changing their processing times? what do you guys think?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:36 pm

i am applying in two weeks time lets see how long i have to wait for it.
NAZIA XX

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:18 pm

Yes, prints on the day of interview and usually delivered in 1-2 days.