ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skr27

passport application from abroad

Post by skr27 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:41 pm

Does anyone know if its possible for you to apply for your 1st UK passport from abroad after naturalisation?

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:43 pm

As far as I know, you can but the requirement for an interview for a 1st adult passport would probably make this a difficult proposition for most people.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:16 am

Hello everyone. Congratulations to those who got their approvals recently and good luck to those waiting.

A quick question: Any May applicants still waiting for their approval? I've applied 3 May 2011 and nothing yet.

Just called them and was told its with a case working team.

Man_In_Barc

Post by Man_In_Barc » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:36 am

A quick question: Any May applicants still waiting for their approval? I've applied 3 May 2011 and nothing yet.

Yes i am from May5th 2011.

I called last week and was advised awaiting caseworker.I beleive upto five members(Includes other forum and counting you as well) are awaiting caseworker who applied between may1st and may 15th.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:53 am

Sam_London wrote:Hello everyone. Congratulations to those who got their approvals recently and good luck to those waiting.

You are not alone, I applied on the 18th of May and I decided not to phone them again after I was told that "You are phoning an awful lot". I will just wait to hear from them as after 4 months, its only 2 months to go unless they decide to take 8 months as they have done with one of the guys here.

I hope this week is our week.
Last edited by wezhira on Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:09 am

TBH, Given more often than not, the phoneline gives out either out of date, or outright incorrect information; I think its REALLY REALLY rich of them to complain about an applicant calling too much.

To begin with, half the time ppl call back is due to the perception that they may've just been fobbed off by an agent, and if they're lucky, the next person they get might actually give out some real information.

Additionally, they don't really take the time to give out any real info, but do have the time to record how often they receive a call from an applicant... something is seriously wrong with their priorities.

But, to friends who applied in May.... I think its time those decision are coming through... both me an another friend applied in May and got our decision in the last 2 weeks. One thing to check is (and I know it shouln't make too much of a difference), is to start your count from the day your credit/debit card was debited - in my casr, there was a difference of 10 days between the date of submission and debit of fee.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:20 am

Man_In_Barc and wezhira, I wish you the best of luck from the bottom of my heart. I can relate to your pain- believe me :)

It really helps to know there people in the same boat as mine :)

Here is a quick survey I made, Its not accurate but it should give us an idea how bad our waiting times are comparing to others.

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1228725464/4 ... 15db703f0d
[/img]

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 am

Thanks ILR_Applicant. Good luck with the rest of your passport process. I agree. I am tempted to phone in and ask to speak to a manager to get some form of clear information. I don't want security details, just an indication of where my application is.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:39 am

hi all i applied on the 10th of may and i am still waiting i called them several times and twice they told me its with the caseworker but when i called them again they said its still in the queue or its going through intial checks i am really confused and worried its been over 4 months now i have no idea what ukba is doing.i just have to wait and see now.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:12 pm

I wish you and me lots of luck in September.

Personally, I ran out of patience. I started to experience high blood pressure symptoms :)

We are in the 5th month of the wait and that is an absurd amount of time to wait for an answer with no indication what so ever.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:45 pm

Sam_London wrote:I wish you and me lots of luck in September.

Personally, I ran out of patience. I started to experience high blood pressure symptoms :)

We are in the 5th month of the wait and that is an absurd amount of time to wait for an answer with no indication what so ever.
For me guys, I have been in the country for 10years. Have had addresses in 3 different counties and when I applied for CRB, it took 4 months. Something to do with Northumbria police being the slowest when it comes to processing data. Not sure if the same applies to you guys, but my thinking is, it has something to do with the time you have lived in the country and the number of addresses especially if theyare across diff counties.

robertw
Newly Registered

Post by robertw » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi All,

I hope you will be able to help!

I applied on 26.07.2011. I phoned the UKBA today for an update, they said that decision had been made and the letter is being sent today! When I asked about the return of my documents they said these had been sent on 15.09.2011 using my pre-paid special delivery envelope, but this has not arrived so it is very strange! They gave me the Special Delivery ref no, when I check on the website it says:

Special Deliveryâ„¢ Next Day items are first tracked when they have reached our mail centre. This may be late in the evening on the day the item was sent.
Information on your item is not yet available online.

Is it possible that Royal Mail may have lost my documents? Or does it take Home Office a couple of days before they actually send the Special Delivery item? It worries me that they are saying that they sent it on 15.09.2011 and there is no information on Royal Mail's website, Special Delivery items are guaranteed for Next Day delivery!

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't think anyone here can help you. All you need to do is call the Post Office help line and ask for details from them. UKBA does delay sending post sometime, a day or two. I think you will hear from them tomorrow. Good luck.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:13 pm

wezhira wrote:

For me guys, I have been in the country for 10years. Have had addresses in 3 different counties and when I applied for CRB, it took 4 months. Something to do with Northumbria police being the slowest when it comes to processing data. Not sure if the same applies to you guys, but my thinking is, it has something to do with the time you have lived in the country and the number of addresses especially if theyare across diff counties.
I have lived in 3 counties. 2 in Scotland and 1 in England. Maybe that's why?! I mean, the gov or police should have some sort of central database for records and communication should be done via Email not letters. It's a silly thing, if they have to contact each department individually. Don't you think?

gorayah

Got My Certificate

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Hi Guys

Got my certificate today. My journey is over now. Now going to apply for wife naturalization tomorrow and my passport as well.

Thanks for all forum members and wish you Good Luck for the members who are still waiting.

Cheers..

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:41 pm

Sam_London wrote:
wezhira wrote:

I have lived in 3 counties. 2 in Scotland and 1 in England. Maybe that's why?! I mean, the gov or police should have some sort of central database for records and communication should be done via Email not letters. It's a silly thing, if they have to contact each department individually. Don't you think?
There is no central database for cautions, call you made to police and all the petty issues that may affect you good character requirements. At least we know that you {Sam_London} lived in 3 counties, the same as me. We will wait for others who are having their decisions delayed to tell us the number of counties they have lived in so far. Probably we have cracked the password.

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi guys, I dont know living in different counties can be a cause of delay, I only have lived in one county but three different addresses. I have been waiting for nearly 99 days.
[/quote]

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:50 pm

AALI24 wrote:Hi guys, I dont know living in different counties can be a cause of delay, I only have lived in one county but three different addresses. I have been waiting for nearly 99 days.
[/quote]

just calm down i lived in 5 different address ,2 counties and 2 different countries so i do think they check but not that major issue you all will get your approval soon.
NAZIA XX

gorayah

Filling Naturalization Form For Spouse

Post by gorayah » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Hi
Any one can help what to fill in Form-AN Section 1.34 Partner’s nationality?

I am concern about the following question>
"Their citizenship certificate reference number"

Either I need to fill in certificate no. which is just numeric number (7 digits)

OR

I need to fill in Reference No. starting with M....... ( I think this one is correct, just confirming)

Thanks for your help.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:27 pm

AALI24 wrote:Hi guys, I dont know living in different counties can be a cause of delay, I only have lived in one county but three different addresses. I have been waiting for nearly 99 days.
You've applied 40 days after me, so trust me, you're application isn't delayed comparing to us :) I think the average waiting time is going 3-4 months and could take up to 6 months.

Scary thing today is the agent on the phone said it could take 6 months or more! As to their usual 3-6 months. It just feel like they have no idea and all they do is cover up for their back office's sluggishness or something. I don't mean to be mean, but when you have no idea whats going on and people who applied to you are getting approvals left right and center, you start to wonder..WHATS GOING ON! :)

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:18 am

hi all i couldnt resist and called homeoffice today the guy was realllly rude he asked me for reference number and asked me to hold then he said that i dont understand why are you calling us you spoke to my collegue last time we are extremely busy and applications can take upto six months he didnt tell me anything about the application i am really upset i will not call them again now.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:34 am

sonya24 wrote:hi all i couldnt resist and called homeoffice today the guy was realllly rude he asked me for reference number and asked me to hold then he said that i dont understand why are you calling us you spoke to my collegue last time we are extremely busy and applications can take upto six months he didnt tell me anything about the application i am really upset i will not call them again now.
Guys, I would say lets not phone them up unless it is to change details on the application. We paid a lot of money so the service should be available as and when required, but as they say 'I'm a Beggar, Not a Chooser!' for now.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:29 am

sonya24 wrote:hi all i couldnt resist and called homeoffice today the guy was realllly rude he asked me for reference number and asked me to hold then he said that i dont understand why are you calling us you spoke to my collegue last time we are extremely busy and applications can take upto six months he didnt tell me anything about the application i am really upset i will not call them again now.
Take it easy, Sonya. We understand. Its not your fault. We all know, if they would have given you clear information the first time, you won't be calling them today. Applications are taking so long now a days. Its just bad luck. Hang in there. All this suffering will pass :) Be a bit more patient or try to be.

sudhirdige

Post by sudhirdige » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 pm

I think someone need to tell him that he is in the job and getting his salary paid in his bank account because we are applying and paying extortionate amount of fees to work and live in this country,contribute to the economy by paying our NI and taxes on time.I think they need to be polite, it is a customer care centre..ok rant over

daniash

Post by daniash » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Totally understand you. I waited for 125 days but I finally received my application.
I don't think you've much longer to wait. I hope this comforts you a little bit.

PS I think we've long established on this board that how many addresses/how complex the case is has no bearing whatsoever on the processing time... the real cause of the variance is still to be discovered - if there is one :)