ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to France with Non-EEA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tanja
Newly Registered

Moving to France with Non-EEA

Post by tanja » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:58 am

Hello all,

I'm glad I found this forum, thank you all for being here! I will be moving to France this year. I am a danish citizen, and married to an Iraqi. We are newly-weds, and he does not have residency in this country. He was an asylum seeker, before we got married. The procedure is long and taxing in this country, and I have been offered a chance to go to france and study. We want to go together, and live there for a while. The European Charter on Human Rights says that a man and woman who are married have the right to live together, and therefore I do know that it's legal for him to come with me to France. I have also been informed that under the EU rules of 'free movement of labourforce' I will be able to work there. What I do not know is what bureaucratic obstacles he will face once we arrive. Will he be able to work, simply on the grounds of being married to an EU national? Will he be granted a visa, and eventually have a chance for permenant residence?
We are trying to make a life for ourselves, but the rules and regulations in this country are extremely strict! I do not yet know all the French particulars, but I will be grateful for any help or advice you would be able to offer. Thank you in advance,

All the Best,

Tanja, Denmark.