ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nksg

Post by nksg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:47 pm

Guys,

I have a question for all those who recieved approvals (or any one) and applied via NCS, do we expect any other document apart from approval letter from UKBA? i see on the foum people talking about the documents from the UKBA. Does this apply to only those who applied directally with the originals?

In my case photocopies of my docs was sent by NCS, but i recieved the approval letter only from UKBA.. not that it matters but do i expect the photocopies back?

Regards,

gorayah

Post by gorayah » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 pm

nksg wrote:Guys,

I have a question for all those who recieved approvals (or any one) and applied via NCS, do we expect any other document apart from approval letter from UKBA? i see on the foum people talking about the documents from the UKBA. Does this apply to only those who applied directally with the originals?

In my case photocopies of my docs was sent by NCS, but i recieved the approval letter only from UKBA.. not that it matters but do i expect the photocopies back?

Regards,
nksg

Just expect an approval letter from UKBA & that should be enough. That approval letter should have information about booking ceremony to your local council. No photocopies returned from UKBA.

Good Luck

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:35 am

Congratulations Robert :)

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Hey Guys...

Just called UKBA...and to my surprise..the lady said a decision was made yesterday on your application..(i.e 20th SEP)...I dont know what the decision is but hopefully should be a positive one...Cannot wait for the letter..

PK

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:47 pm

I have applied through Stafford NCS on 13th Sept. for MN1 Section 1(3).

Today I have recevied letter from HO saying "Payment was not enclosed" with the application!!!! :evil:

Is this what I paid for??

Can I ask for my money back from council?

shs213

Post by shs213 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:02 pm

PK wrote:Hey Guys...

Just called UKBA...and to my surprise..the lady said a decision was made yesterday on your application..(i.e 20th SEP)...I dont know what the decision is but hopefully should be a positive one...Cannot wait for the letter..

PK
when did you apply?

Never heard any rejections so it's an approval i am sure :-)

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:24 pm

shs213 wrote:
PK wrote:Hey Guys...

PK
when did you apply?

Never heard any rejections so it's an approval i am sure :-)
Hi shs213

I applied on 17th June...Unless you receive an approval letter its not sure.....but I hope its an approval..

PK

skr27

congrats

Post by skr27 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:26 pm

Hello PK
congratulations... sure its an approval. I havent called this week. I would really like to hear what you heard this morning in my case also (also received in UKBA on same day as yours)

PK
- thin ice -

Re: congrats

Post by PK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:33 pm

skr27 wrote:Hello PK
congratulations... sure its an approval. I havent called this week. I would really like to hear what you heard this morning in my case also (also received in UKBA on same day as yours)
Hi skr27

Ya I saw that our dates are similar..You should get your approval pretty soon too...Its a nervous wait till I get that letter in my hand....

Its been 3 months so wait for a few more days....try calling them this Friday afternoon and I wish u hear the same good words that decision has been made...

PK

skr27

Post by skr27 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:27 am

thank you PK. will try and do that. hope you get your letter soon.
best

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:35 am

PK wrote:
Hi skr27

Ya I saw that our dates are similar..You should get your approval pretty soon too...Its a nervous wait till I get that letter in my hand....

Its been 3 months so wait for a few more days....try calling them this Friday afternoon and I wish u hear the same good words that decision has been made...

PK

Congrats PK, Its a relief to know they are processing applications made within 2nd and 3rd week of june. I applied on 10th June but I phoned them on 14 Sep it was still going through checks.

I would like to know the decision has been made but ........... dont want to ring UKBA.

PK
- thin ice -

Post by PK » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:58 am

AALI24 wrote:
PK wrote:
Hi skr27

PK

Congrats PK, Its a relief to know they are processing applications made within 2nd and 3rd week of june. I applied on 10th June but I phoned them on 14 Sep it was still going through checks.

I would like to know the decision has been made but ........... dont want to ring UKBA.
Hi AALI24

You will get your decision very soon.....See if you can wait till this weekend and maybe call them on Tuesday next week...u never know you might even get your letter in the post by that time....few more days....we will all get it .........

PK

Member of Standing

Post by 1664 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:26 pm

its a definite yes PK.
Congratulations.

One of my other friend applied exactly 2 months ago and he received his approval today.

Good Luck to all waiting.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:33 pm

1664 wrote:

its a definite yes PK.
Congratulations.

One of my other friend applied exactly 2 months ago and he received his approval today.

Good Luck to all waiting.
congrats to PK and also your friend. where u been hiding 1664 lol
NAZIA XX

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi All,

As you can see from the timelines below I applied on 9th Aug and today I saw the Royal mail card for the missed delivery and to my suprise it is the same special delivery ref which I enclosed with my application. So these are my docs that I submitted with my postal application.

I would appreciate if someone could share about how long I will need to wait before HO can make the decision. What does returning of docs mean? Does it mean it is with case worker or does it mean that only initial checks are made and not yet assigned to case worker. Any info will be much appreciated.

Thanks as always.

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Finally got the approval letter today!!!!! Will update with dates soon.

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:12 pm

Finally got the approval letter today!!!!! Will update with dates soon.
Congrats lunatfr. Can you please share your timeliens and also was yours a postal application? If yes, can you please help me with my question please?
I would appreciate if someone could share about how long I will need to wait before HO can make the decision. What does returning of docs mean? Does it mean it is with case worker or does it mean that only initial checks are made and not yet assigned to case worker. Any info will be much appreciated.

skr27

congrats

Post by skr27 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:43 pm

good news lunatfr. good luck for the rest of the process. could you let us know what is the actual date of approval?

lunatfr

Post by lunatfr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 pm

15 september
skr27 wrote:good news lunatfr. good luck for the rest of the process. could you let us know what is the actual date of approval?

skr27

Post by skr27 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:20 pm

thank you lunatfr

brit2b
Newly Registered

Post by brit2b » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 pm

In my case the return of docs meant an approval - they included the approval letter in my pre-paid special delivery envelope, so let's hope it means an approval for you too!
Thanks lunatfr. waiting anxiously to collect it from delivery office tomm. i will update the group with the outcome. Thanks again.

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:07 pm

lunatfr wrote:Finally got the approval letter today!!!!! Will update with dates soon.
Congrats mate. Did you dance a little in your living room? :)

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:15 am

My wife finally got her approval letter yesterday dated 16/09. So finally the 3 month long wait is over. Going to call the council today to get the ceremony slot booked.

shs213

Post by shs213 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:18 pm

congrats to all those who got their nat approval. Don't forget to update the naturalisation time line thread - many use the info from there to bench mark...!

osteophytes

Post by osteophytes » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:43 pm

I tried calling them just now. There is a new message saying that inquiries regarding progress about applications made with in the last 6 months will not be answered! Is it a new thing or did I press the wrong option?