ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PASSPORT WITH TIER 1 GENERAL VISA STOLEN IN PAKISTAN -HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hj_vortex

PASSPORT WITH TIER 1 GENERAL VISA STOLEN IN PAKISTAN -HELP

Post by hj_vortex » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:22 am

Dear fellow forum members I really am in desperate need for advise and help as in KArachi I was on my way to applly for my daughter dependent visa born in karachi and I was looted by the YOU KNOW WHO and they took everything from me ..passports documents everything .

Now I am in the process of getting my new passport but I Am completely confused on how to get a duplicate visa sticker from the british emabssy what route to follow what is the process of applying for duplicate visa when someone is in this situation ?

I really need your help guys please reply urgently

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:58 am

hj_vortex wrote:Hey guys as i lost my passport and my tier 1 general visa extention is in january so i thought why dont i just apply for tier 1 general extention outside uk ( pakistan) where i am currently at the moment .. can anyone please advise about WHICH FORM i will use to apply from here GERRYS stupid visa service .. i knwo for dependents i will use VAF10 forms but i am not sure about my situation
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:03 am

1. See ECB17.2 Replacing a visa (or leave) and ECB17.3 Visa endorsement.
2. "Extension" cannot be applied for from outside the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:30 pm

this is the law i know but What is the process for doin this in PAkistan

and is that for sure i can not apply for extension outside uk

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Read the instruction on the link provided: "This also applies if an applicant had 'leave to remain' granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas."

Yes, you cannot apply for an extension outside the UK.

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:01 pm

mulderpf wrote:Read the instruction on the link provided: "This also applies if an applicant had 'leave to remain' granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas."

and what about wife and daughter Ext from outside ?

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:19 pm

mulderpf wrote:Read the instruction on the link provided: "This also applies if an applicant had 'leave to remain' granted in the UK and are now applying to have it replaced overseas."

I need to know the PROCEDURE for this .. i can read the LAW and i agree but WHAT is the procedure from pakistan ?

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 am

anyone with the answer to my question ?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:52 am

You must first apply to your country's government for a replacement passport, and then reapply to us for another visa. You will need to provide a police report as evidence that your passport has been reported missing or stolen.
Procedure:

1. Apply for new passport
2. Get police report
3. Apply for replacement from UKBA in Pakistan (probably by contacting Gerry's)

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:47 am

mulderpf wrote:
You must first apply to your country's government for a replacement passport, and then reapply to us for another visa. You will need to provide a police report as evidence that your passport has been reported missing or stolen.
Procedure:

2. Get police report

I have got the new passport , got the police report ..

gerrys saying u have to apply for the same visa again which is dumb shit as there is no more tier 1 general applications open outside or inside pakistan

gerrys dont have a clue what needs to be done in my case

I am literelly abandoned :(

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:57 am

Y dont u visit the british embassy and get the details from them
hj_vortex wrote:
mulderpf wrote:
Procedure:

2. Get police report

I have got the new passport , got the police report ..

gerrys saying u have to apply for the same visa again which is dumb shit as there is no more tier 1 general applications open outside or inside pakistan

gerrys dont have a clue what needs to be done in my case

I am literelly abandoned :(

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:11 am

in pakistan you just can not visit the british embassy just like that , they dont process any applications coz its directly sent to abu dhabi by the gerrys visa service

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Post by pgaitonde » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:12 am

try this and see

sponsorshipPBSenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
or call 0300 123 4699

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:23 am

thanks will try this now

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:34 pm

GUYS i think i will apply for TIER 1 general AGAIN from pakistan now .. can someone please give me the APPLICATION FORM LINK where can i download that Application form from ?

remmebr i need the application form which should be FOR PAKISTAN as i will make the application from pakistan and explain how i lost my passport with visa and they should issue me the duplicate visa

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:28 pm

You should not apply for a fresh Tier 1 Visa from Pakistan. Actually you cannot apply for it and it had already been closed. Instead you should write an email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and explain to them what has happened with your passport. If you have a copy of your visa that you have lost, scan and attach with your email. Also attach a copy of first page of passport if you have one.

You should also include in text, your personal details including date of birth, address and passport number that you have lost.

Initially you will find a standard auto-reply long message from them. But you can find in that reply this line as well.

"If the issues raised in your email are not covered by the information set out above we will send you an individual reply within 20 days from the date we receive it. Please do not resend your inquiry."

As of my experience, you will receive an individual reply and guidelines to proceed further within two to four weeks.

Once you get their reply, which I hope will include instructions on how to get a duplicate one, then take a print of their email, your fresh passport, police report and any other documents mentioned and apply through Gerry's with the same procedure.

Staff at Gerry's in Pakistan is not experienced and they can misguide you. I hope it helps.
lets get together for migrants' rights

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:39 pm

hj_vortex wrote:GUYS i think i will apply for TIER 1 general AGAIN from pakistan now .. can someone please give me the APPLICATION FORM LINK where can i download that Application form from ?
Tier 1 General is now closed for external applications. I don't know about visa processing in Pakistan and surrounding countries but if I were in your position I would probably go by Shahmir's suggestions.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

In a situation like this, what happens if you just turn up at immigration in the UK with your new passport?

Can they look up your details and verify you have leave?

What if you have a copy of your visa?

All other suggestions I have seen onthe matter involve a large amount of time, effort and cost. Is there an easier way? (probably not I assume)

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:43 pm

wf wrote:In a situation like this, what happens if you just turn up at immigration in the UK with your new passport?

All other suggestions I have seen onthe matter involve a large amount of time, effort and cost. Is there an easier way? (probably not I assume)
I doubt that's going to work, especially if the OP hasn't used his visa to enter the UK yet (which opens up a whole different can of worms - that question never came up and might make the difference in this case). I simply assumed that the op's been to the UK, but can't see that being the confirmed case anywhere. My understanding has always been that:

For a replacement visa where you have entered the UK already, it is simply a replacement, but for replacements where you have not yet entered the UK, you have to be re-evaluated. Now as Tier 1 General is closed, I am not sure how that is going to happen (assuming the OP never entered the UK on his visa).

I would contact the numbers already given and speak to someone and ask for their advice on how to actually get the application to the embassy / high commission.

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:44 pm

shahmir wrote:You should not apply for a fresh Tier 1 Visa from Pakistan. Actually you cannot apply for it and it had already been closed. Instead you should write an email to visa.abudhabi@fco.gov.uk and explain to them what has happened with your passport. If you have a copy of your visa that you have lost, scan and attach with your email. Also attach a copy of first page of passport if you have one.

You should also include in text, your personal details including date of birth, address and passport number that you have lost.

Initially you will find a standard auto-reply long message from them. But you can find in that reply this line as well.

"If the issues raised in your email are not covered by the information set out above we will send you an individual reply within 20 days from the date we receive it. Please do not resend your inquiry."

As of my experience, you will receive an individual reply and guidelines to proceed further within two to four weeks.

Once you get their reply, which I hope will include instructions on how to get a duplicate one, then take a print of their email, your fresh passport, police report and any other documents mentioned and apply through Gerry's with the same procedure.

Staff at Gerry's in Pakistan is not experienced and they can misguide you. I hope it helps.
thanks very much bro i will do as you suggested while i keep trying to call british embassy who also have not got a fukin clue

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:46 pm

mulderpf wrote:
wf wrote:In a situation like this, what happens if you just turn up at immigration in the UK with your new passport?

I doubt that's going to work, especially if the OP hasn't used his visa to enter the UK yet (which opens up a whole different can of worms - that question never came up and might make the difference in this case). I simply assumed that the op's been to the UK, but can't see that being the confirmed case anywhere. My understanding has always been that:

For a replacement visa where you have entered the UK already, it is simply a replacement, but for replacements where you have not yet entered the UK, you have to be re-evaluated. Now as Tier 1 General is closed, I am not sure how that is going to happen (assuming the OP never entered the UK on his visa).

I would contact the numbers already given and speak to someone and ask for their advice on how to actually get the application to the embassy / high commission.
I was living in the UK i just came to paksitan to visit my new born daughter and apply for her visa and the fuking terrorist looted me i work in UK and currently everything has came to an hault becoz of this

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:57 pm

GUYS HERE IS THE """"""INDIVIDUAL""""" reply which i got .. I dont think I need to wait anymore

Dear Mr.,

Thank you for your email dated 20th September 2011 saying that your current UK visa has been stolen. We do not issue replacements for lost visas so unfortunately you and your wife will need to make a new visa application.

Yours sincerely

CASEWORK AND CORRESPONDENCE TEAMLEADER Visa Section| UKBA, International Group (UAE) | British Embassy, Abu Dhabi |

shahmir

Post by shahmir » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Did you email them on the address I have provided above? You cannot file a new application because Tier1 has already been closed.

Well this is very unfair. I believe that this is challengeable. You have lost a 'document' not a 'status' (I mean immigration status). How they can say that??

If you were a British Citizen, and you loose your citizenship papers in Afghanistan, how would you apply for a British Citizenship from there?

This is surely a human rights violation as well. That is why I believe that we should get together for migrants' rights. Otherwise, one day, they will start removing us from here even if we get the British Nationality.

I am still in shock and really cannot believe that they can do so in your case.
lets get together for migrants' rights

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:22 pm

Similiar to a lost ILR, I wonder if a CIO can authorize travel?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hj_vortex

Post by hj_vortex » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:50 am

shahmir wrote:Did you email them on the address I have provided above? You cannot file a new application because Tier1 has already been closed.

Well this is very unfair. I believe that this is challengeable. You have lost a 'document' not a 'status' (I mean immigration status). How they can say that??

If you were a British Citizen, and you loose your citizenship papers in Afghanistan, how would you apply for a British Citizenship from there?

This is surely a human rights violation as well. That is why I believe that we should get together for migrants' rights. Otherwise, one day, they will start removing us from here even if we get the British Nationality.

I am still in shock and really cannot believe that they can do so in your case.
I used the adress you provided mate , as you can see the case worker is from ABU DHABI and this email is from the abu dhabi adress , i will send again an email with full details and a longer paragraph but you see there is no clear process of stolen visa cases i am literelly doomed all my career my house my car standing outside wtf i am suppose to do