ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement/LTR for my husband and step children

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

angie36

Settlement/LTR for my husband and step children

Post by angie36 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:03 pm

Hi i am new to the forum and would appreciate your knowledge.

Ok, here goes, i am a British Citizen born and breed, and i am married to an Indian, who has 3 children from his previous marrage, who has sole custody of the children.

I have been looking at the best ways to bring everyone over, I want everyone to be in the UK, with the next 2 years.

My first option was to apply for my husband and the youngest's visa first but bring my husband over then, after 6 months or so bring the youngest over, but after finding out that you have to use the visa, so to speak within 3 months, that plan has been scrapped

The second option is to bring my husband and the youngest child first, once they are settled in i will arrange for the other 2 to come over.

or my third option is to bring them all over at the same time, which is not very pratical.

Does anyone think there would be problems with applying for the visa's in this way.

If they all came over at seperate times would this cause a problem when they apply for their LTR visas, as the expiary dates will be different on all the settlement visa's.

The main reasons why i have not considered everyone coming to the Uk is, purely money finding 4 lots of visa money is alot, and i am house swapping with my parents to have more space.

I didnt realise that the whole visa process/information is so dauntng.

any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

vinodk537
Newly Registered

costs

Post by vinodk537 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:35 am

As per my knowledge ,Yes it costs each person Indian rupees 64800 which equals approximately 900 GBP per head. For all four it costs 3600 GBP.It is upto you to decide based on your financial status. Visas depends on how much finances you show for these four dependants and whether you can able to accommodate and feed them with your earnings.Any how this is as per my knowledge cross check with others.
If you give further details about your finances we can post suggestions.

vinodk537
Newly Registered

see this link for details

Post by vinodk537 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:22 am

How old are his children?.

Which ever way you do it, it will not be cheap for a start. Secondly this type of scenario can be problematic, time consuming and can end in a refusal which means more worries, stress and costs.

Unfortunately you may be taking a bigger burden than you expected. I think that is how the ECO will probably view it when assessing your hubby's and his kids applications.

angie36

Post by angie36 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:05 am

Hi, thanks for the responses.

Yes it is a very big burden, something which i didnt think i would be dealing with when we met 5 years ago, but you cant always meet someone who has no baggage...
I could take the easy way out and just bring my husband over, but i never seem to do anything easy, plus his ex wife did not want the children, so he has sole responsibility for them, if they didnt come to England there wouldnt be anyone to look after them, as his parents are getting old.
The children are 3,5,7
Ive worked out that the settlement visa's and ILR visa will cost in excess of £7000, it didnt occur to me that it would cost this much.

@ vinodk537, i earn roughly about £23,000 plus i own my own house. do not claim benefits and never have. I do have savings which will cover the cost of the visa's.

any more help and advice would be great

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Only you can decide what you want to do. All the options you have outlined are viable and possible.

My choice would be do bring them over at the same time and get it over with. If your husband is able to find a job in his profession in the UK, then the both of you working should be enough to support you all.

The amount you quoted for everything will only be applicable if everything is sorted out without any problems, however if they are refused and have to appeal, it can cost you about a thousand pounds extra.

Good luck with your application. I think an application that has been well thought out and has all the necessary docs to show you can support, maintain and accommodate them will normally succeed. :wink:

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:48 pm

angie36 wrote:Hi, i need some advice.

My husbands Family visa was refused, so we appealed against the decison, but this has not been over turned by the BHC, so the paperwork has been sent to the UK, just phoned the UK and they havent received the paperwork which was sent 2 weeks ago, but are logging paperwork that was received a few days ago, so it looks like my husband paperwork has been mislaid. I am just waiting to hear from the BHC as to where the paperwork is and why the decision was not over turned, as we answered all the questions set out in the rejection letter along with loads of evidence. The reason as to why we didnt go for a settlement visa at the beginning was, so my husband can make sure he liked the UK before we applyed for the settlement visa. Plus he has committments such as a business in India.

I have decided as the appeal will take minimum of 3 months, i am going to get all my paperwork and apply for a settlement visa.

Has anyone had any experince of this, and if so did you find you received your visa easier or was the process harder. Plus how long did you wait before you re-applyed. Anyones experience would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know why they make this process so difficult for geniune people who want to be with their partners, by the time i get to see my husband again 9 months would have passed and thats not healthy for anyones relationship, all this is not taken into account either.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!