ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ntl stamp

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunning27
Newly Registered

Ntl stamp

Post by sunning27 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi, all
I just want to find out if I have no time limit stamp on my passport ( ILR ), when passport expires, do I need to apply for the Ntl stamp again in the new passport?it is really expensive!
Or can I carry both passports when travelling and take the ILR letter along when travelling in case the immigration won't allow me in?
Thanks!

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:12 pm

Carry both passports.

vndpag

Re: Ntl stamp

Post by vndpag » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:04 pm

sunning27 wrote:Hi, all
I just want to find out if I have no time limit stamp on my passport ( ILR ), when passport expires, do I need to apply for the Ntl stamp again in the new passport?it is really expensive!
Or can I carry both passports when travelling and take the ILR letter along when travelling in case the immigration won't allow me in?
Thanks!
Hi sunning27

How long your passport it valid ? is it one year valid after you got ILR ? if yes then why dont you wait and prepare to apply British Passport after one year of your ILR you get new passort you dont have to worry about anything. It is my suggestion but it all upto you
Thank you

sunning27
Newly Registered

Post by sunning27 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:19 am

Hi, thanks. I can wait next year for naturalisation. My husband can have dual citizenship and would like to keep his passport for travelling home. His passport wil expire in 4.5 years. I just want to make sure when he gets his new passport, he does not have to apply for another Ntl stamp.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:41 am

He doesn't.
Transferring your visa to a new passport wrote:You do not need to transfer your residence permit to your new passport. If you choose not to transfer your permit, you should carry both your old and new passports when you travel to the UK - this will prove to our immigration officers that you have the right to be in the UK.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sunning27
Newly Registered

ntl processing time

Post by sunning27 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 pm

HI,

I sent my ntl application to put the stamp on my passport in Oct 11. I received a letter of acknowldgement in Nov 11. I put a special delivery envelop for them to return my original documents ( ILR documents ). Up till now, they have not returned any documents, neither did i receive my passport. When I tried to call the no on the letter, there was no way you can get through to someone. I guess even when i get through, there is not much they can tell me but to tell me to wait.

I am worried if it gets lost in the post. All my ILR original documents are in there. If it is lost, that means I can't prove I have ILR.

Do anyone have similiar experience?