ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from UKBA - Sponsor license

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2applicant

Email from UKBA - Sponsor license

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:33 am

I am on PSW visa expiring on Jan 2012 and have been working with this employer since the last one year. My employer applied for license on the 20th of July and sent out the certified copies of documents on the 27th. UKBA rejected the documents as it was certified by an accountant. They notified this on the 16th of this month to resend the documents. It was re-sent on Friday.

Yesterday, my employer has got a reply from UKBA with a password saying the Sponsorship Management System (SMS) account has been activated and the username will be sent by post.

My question is - Does this mean the company has got the license or would there be further checks before they generate a CoS ? I am a bit sceptic because it has taken only a month for them to process. If so, is it advisable for me to apply for visa straightaway or wait for a few months ?

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:44 am

I think this means your company have got the license now but you may be audited any time if it wasn't done before.

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks for your reply coolkat.

Would UKBA notify us before they come for an audit as my company small organisation with 20 people and our Director who looks into visa issue is away most days ? I am concerned that UKBA might come for an audit when my Director is away.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:58 am

I had the same experience. It means you got the License :D Congrats..

But wait till you get the confirmation and make sure your company got a A Rating. Thats the most important thing.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for your response madona587.

Sorry to be asking a lot of questions but how will we know that the company has got A rating ? Would it be along with username which they will send it by post or from the SMS.

Has your company been audited since the username and password was provided ?

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:11 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Thanks for your response madona587.

Sorry to be asking a lot of questions but how will we know that the company has got A rating ? Would it be along with username which they will send it by post or from the SMS.

They will mention it in the Confirmation Letter they send you. But its most likely you got a A Rating. Also give it a few days and check the UKBA registered company list. When they update the PDF file they will place your company name with the Rating. Do not worry I'm 100% sure you got a A Rating.

Has your company been audited since the username and password was provided ?
No they didn't come for a pre or post audit since we got registered.

No problem mate. Ask as many questions you like i will help with anything I know
:)

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Cheers madona587

The best thing that I can do now is to wait for the post to arrive.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:20 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Cheers madona587

The best thing that I can do now is to wait for the post to arrive.
Good luck. Keep us updated :)

coolkat
Newly Registered

Post by coolkat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Thanks for your reply coolkat.

Would UKBA notify us before they come for an audit as my company small organisation with 20 people and our Director who looks into visa issue is away most days ? I am concerned that UKBA might come for an audit when my Director is away.
it doesnot matter if your director is in the office when your audited as long as some one responsible is available to meet and greet (show the docs and accounts??). lol.

My director does not live in UK. he is rarely in the UK.

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks madona587

I will update with the progress. This wait is more never wrecking than the initial application for license.

My other query is -
I have read in the forum that it has taken from instant to 30 minutes. Is there any grounds on which generating a Cos can be rejected ? From what I have read it looks automated.

Is there such things as, a CoS can only be generated during normal working hours ?

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks coolkat

It answers my question. I was concerned because he is the authorising officer, key contact and Level 1 user for license management system.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:16 pm

tier2applicant wrote:Thanks madona587

I will update with the progress. This wait is more never wrecking than the initial application for license.

My other query is -
I have read in the forum that it has taken from instant to 30 minutes. Is there any grounds on which generating a Cos can be rejected ? From what I have read it looks automated.

Is there such things as, a CoS can only be generated during normal working hours ?
When your Director made the online application did he put down that he need 1 COS and the reason for it ? (I'm sure he did) If so by the time you login to the Sponsorship management System and navigate to

"View and Edit sponsor Profile" -> "Request Allocation Increase" You will see how many COS are allocated to you. If you requested 1 you will see it like this,

Allocation Limit 1 | Allocation Used 0 | Allocation Remaining 1

This means you already have the allocation. Your level 1 user simply has to ASSIGN it to you. It takes like 5 Minutes :D

But this step is very very important. I Suggest you find out your SOC code, Job title, Job description and Salary CORRECTLY. Make sure you have all these details correctly. Also the Start and End date of your COS. Say you're on PSW and your visa expires on 05/02/2012 Your Start date should be 04/02/2012 and End date is 31/01/2015

Also in the RLMT put it as "Yes" and in the next box say "You're switching from PSW so exempted from RLMT"

Good luck man :P

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:22 pm

Sorry didn't answer your questions, Well as far as I'm concerned if you're successfully registered you should be allocated the requested COS. If you get a B Rating they cant give you COS. They will give like a 3 month improvement plan which your company has to follow..

Working Hours ? I don't know mate. Once your level 1 user logs into the SMS he/she should be able to see your allocated COS. If you requested 3 COS and given the right reasons I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't give you the COS.

Either way Just don't panic bro you're fine. (You have Another 4 months to fix if there is a problem)

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:09 pm

once again, thanks for the comprehensive reply madona587.

This is below info, can't get it anywhere else other than this forum. I have emailed your reply to my director.

[quote]"View and Edit sponsor Profile" -> "Request Allocation Increase" You will see how many COS are allocated to you. If you requested 1 you will see it like this,

Allocation Limit 1 | Allocation Used 0 | Allocation Remaining 1

Say you're on PSW and your visa expires on 05/02/2012 Your Start date should be 04/02/2012 and End date is 31/01/2015

Also in the RLMT put it as "Yes" and in the next box say "You're switching from PSW so exempted from RLMT" [/quote]

Cheers

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:08 pm

Welcome mate. I have been through sh*t for the past 8 months trying to get everything done. Applying this week. Pray for me :D I know how it feels and willing to help anyone who is in a similar situation as me :wink:

virgos143

Post by virgos143 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Good luck to everyone here.... this does give me hope as your registration was completed within 1 month of application.... oh God this process takes a piss... why coudnt it be much simpler :)

tier2applicant

Post by tier2applicant » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:37 am

Don’t worry madona587, everything that could have possibly gone wrong for your visa application procedure has been covered. I don’t see a reason why you would have a problem with your visa approval at this stage, fill the final application form correctly and end the ordeal.

All the best mate.

jayeshkaushik

Sponsorship Licence

Post by jayeshkaushik » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Hello There,

I am currently on PSW visa which expires on April, 2012. I am getting married in November and wants to switch to Tier 2 General Before that. My employer has applied for Licence in August which got refused in september, due to insufficient documents. Then we have re-applied for it and today we got a call from UKBA for a visit to our office.
Could anyone tell me what this visit will be all about? After the visit how long will it take to get a licence?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jayeshkaushik

Post by jayeshkaushik » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have checked this information. And it gives a proper idea of what to do? I want to know that when they visit in our office do I need to be presented there? I got some meetings in London at that time. Also after their visit how long does it take to get the licence? As you all know that I am getting married in November and I am flying back to India for my wedding. Reason for doing this so early is to apply my wife's dependant visa as Tier 2 General dependant, else I have to do it again in March.