ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any HSMP Visa stamped for one year?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ruthie

Is there any HSMP Visa stamped for one year?

Post by ruthie » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:19 pm

Is it possible that I apply for one year stamped visa for EC and get the extension for 4 years one year later? I've heard some one did get a HSMP visa stamped for one year this month. Any ideas? Thanks.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: Is there any HSMP Visa stamped for one year?

Post by pantaiema » Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:29 pm

Will you please mention the reason why you want one year stamped visa for EC if you could get it 2 years automatically.

Pantaiema
ruthie wrote:Is it possible that I apply for one year stamped visa for EC and get the extension for 4 years one year later? I've heard some one did get a HSMP visa stamped for one year this month. Any ideas? Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:45 pm

Hi,

It all depends on the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO). The policy guidelines say that an ECO can, at maximum, issue a EC valid for 2 years. Nothing stops him from issuing a 1 yr. EC.

The question is whether you can request an ECO for a 1yr. or 2yr. EC ?? :wink: I guess not !!

regards

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:26 am

Guys I cant understand,

If Nothing stops ECO from issuing a 1 yr. EC.
So Nothing stops ECO from issuing a 6 month. EC

Am I right???

Strange.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:46 am

The minimum duration of the intial HSMP EC is 1yr. It's just that it is not mandatory for the ECO to either issue 2yr. visa or 1 yr. visa. It is at his/her discretion - predominantly based on the evidences submitted by the applicant - whether a 1yr. or 2yr. visa is issued.

So don't worry, no ECO will issue a 6 month EC or a 18 month one on basis of HSMP. It will either be 1yr. or 2yr. as the initial EC.

regards

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:49 am

Sorry guys,

But how evidence should effect to you visa duration.

Could you please explain?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:38 pm

One example - your ability to sustain yourself in UK on "currently" available funds (read your savings) while you search for jobs in UK. That's the reason evidence of "savings" are mandatory along with EC / Visa applications.

ECO know that there'll definite outflow of money (expense) on various accounts - accommodation, eating, commuting etc., but as on date there's with no promise on date of any inflow (income) unless you already have a job offer. So if ECO feels you don't have enough savings to survive more than a year, he will usually stamp a 1yr visa. Remember that the bank account statements can give a fair idea to anyone about the applicant's propensity to save !!

Other examples - what accommodation arrangements have been made ? for how long ?? what efforts have been made to search for a job ?? etc.

I am sure ECOs are trained to look out for such signs, and that's what influences their decision making. Otherwise I don't see why some people get a 1 yr EC and others a 2 yr. one !!

Anyways, this is my understanding of the matter, and other people might have different opinions.

regards

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:18 am

Hi,

I'm now in China. The reason I'm looking for one year visa is that to apply for two year visa, my application package has to be sent to London to be verified, which will cost at least 17 working days, probably more, like one month. One year visa takes no more than 5 working days. I'm confident that I can find a job in one year. It's not bad that we can get extension one year earlier.

But regarding your answers, there seems to be no way for me to apply for one year visa. It seems all up to the ECO. However, the one ,who I know, that get one year visa has his family together with him but he prepared 13K GBP, I guess money is probably not the problem.

Anyway, thank you for the answers. Welcome if more comments.

arm
Member of Standing

Post by arm » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:11 am

So if I have savings for 6 month ECO will reject my application???

Sorry guys but something strange... :?:

avwifiguy

Post by avwifiguy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:09 am

Hey ruthie,

Could you please share how did you come to know that application package has to be sent to London for verification to get two yrs visa.

ruthie Posted:
Hi, I'm now in China. The reason I'm looking for one year visa is that to apply for two year visa, my application package has to be sent to London to be verified, which will cost at least 17 working days, probably more, like one month. One year visa takes no more than 5 working days. I'm confident that I can find a job in one year. It's not bad that we can get extension one year earlier.
Cheers
avwifiguy

ruthie

Post by ruthie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:58 am

I'm not sure whether it's the same case in other countries. But every HSMP visa applicant in China, after April 3rd this year, takes more than 17 working days to get the visa stamped. Some guy emailed the UK embassy asking for this, the reply is to return the document to UK for verification is a must step for long-term working permit visa applicants.
avwifiguy wrote:Hey ruthie,

Could you please share how did you come to know that application package has to be sent to London for verification to get two yrs visa.

ruthie Posted:
Hi, I'm now in China. The reason I'm looking for one year visa is that to apply for two year visa, my application package has to be sent to London to be verified, which will cost at least 17 working days, probably more, like one month. One year visa takes no more than 5 working days. I'm confident that I can find a job in one year. It's not bad that we can get extension one year earlier.
Cheers
avwifiguy

avwifiguy

Post by avwifiguy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 am

Hey ruthie,

Thanks! Yeah, procedures for EC might differ.
ruthie posted:
I'm not sure whether it's the same case in other countries. But every HSMP visa applicant in China, after April 3rd this year, takes more than 17 working days to get the visa stamped. Some guy emailed the UK embassy asking for this, the reply is to return the document to UK for verification is a must step for long-term working permit visa applicants.
cheers
avwifiguy

ruthie

Re: Is there any HSMP Visa stamped for one year?

Post by ruthie » Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:09 pm

Dramatically, I got my EC in one day and it's one year.