ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 am

Assalamoalaikum all,

It's been a long tiem since I posted on here! - my wifeys visa was granted last year alhamdulilah and I had alot of solid advice from uncle BatleyKhan saab and the rest of the members - please contine to use this and do DUA too!

I have a question - that one of the older members can probably answer - can my wfe claim child benefit and the sure start maternity grant or is that deemed as 'recourse to public funds' - she is still on the spouse visa currently.

RHussain07

Post by RHussain07 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:55 am

rihsabramo wrote:Hi guys,

What is the best way to transfer money directly into a Pakistan bank account so I have a record of it for visa purposes.
use a travel/transfer agent but keep the receipt! you want to transfer it to the correct person so on the receipt it shows your supporting that person (by giving/transfering money).

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:34 pm

RHussain07 wrote:Assalamoalaikum all,

It's been a long tiem since I posted on here! - my wifeys visa was granted last year alhamdulilah and I had alot of solid advice from uncle BatleyKhan saab and the rest of the members - please contine to use this and do DUA too!

I have a question - that one of the older members can probably answer - can my wfe claim child benefit and the sure start maternity grant or is that deemed as 'recourse to public funds' - she is still on the spouse visa currently.
You can get both in your name as a British Citizen so just for it. SSMG is only available to first kid in the family therefore don't hesitate claiming. Also to be eligible you should be getting family element of tax credits.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:24 am

Hi I wanted to find out, how many days does one have to request a review from day of refusal? We have sent of our appeal papers off but I was told that review does not have to be done within 28 days unlike appeal which has to be within the 28 days?

Please could you clarify this for me. Thank you.
Allah is the greatest!

nazema

Post by nazema » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:25 am

Hi

The appeal has to be lodged within 28 days however, review can be done anytime by home office
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Could anybody please tell me? What is the difference between review and appeal? Aren't they both same things such as if you apply for appeal then it automatically goes first for review by ECM and if he satisfied with the reason and available evidences then he issue call latter with in 8 to 10 weeks? That is something call review.
And if he is not satisfied then he send bundle of documents to the tribunal with the reason not to grant Entry clearance and tribunal issue hearing date after receiving response from ECM. That is call appeal.
So As i can understand, review is first stage of appeal. Am i r right? Or Does somebody specifically needs to apply for review separately. If yes then what is the procedure as ECO only provides appeal form on refusal. Someone please could clarify my this for better understanding?

Rehana

Post by Rehana » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi, you're right. It is the same process. The notice of pending appeal is sent by the tribunal to the ECM. They have the opportunity to review their decision. If they decide to uphold their decision, then the supporting documents are prepared (the bundle) and sent to the tribunal. After the time period is up, the tribunal will contact you with a hearing date. A long, tiring, waiting game!?!!

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:04 am

Does any one know how long it takes for the passport to go back to Gerry in Mirpur, as i got this email 2day

The passport will be going back to Gerrys today, they will contact him once it is received in their office.

Yas2010

Post by Yas2010 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 pm

just to let u know that it took 4 working days to get passport back.

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 10/05/2011

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:17 pm

well i have received the call letter for my wife 2day.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
and she will be taking her tb test on Monday and will be submitting the passport on Wednesday.
got one question does my passport need to be attested or can i just scan the pages and send it through email. also is it just the one page that needs to b sent or all the pages?
also i have heard that u need to submit 2 passport size pics but this is not on the call letter.
:)

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:33 pm

yyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

subhanallah!!!

many congratulation to u bro!!!!..very happy for u..!!!

ur passport??wht for??...doesnt ur wife jus submit hers and they stamp it, end of??..lol

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:01 pm

XnailaX wrote:yyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

subhanallah!!!

many congratulation to u bro!!!!..very happy for u..!!!

ur passport??wht for??...doesnt ur wife jus submit hers and they stamp it, end of??..lol
thanks
i have to give my wife a copy of my passport but i aint sure if it just the one page or all of the passport pages, i just want to email her a scanned copy but aint sure if i can do that.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:00 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote: and she will be taking her tb test on Monday and will be submitting the passport on Wednesday.
Is it a pre-booked TB test or a pop in on the same day without an appointment?

maria20110

Visa granted!

Post by maria20110 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 am

dear All, Just to let you know that i got my spouse visa on 4th of October!! :) I couldnt just believ my luck,It had just been 15 days since i posted my application..Wen i got the email/sms to come n collect my passport I literally thought it was rejected, they must hav found sum docs missing but nooo there was the visa stamped on my passport :)
Thankss to Almighty Allah He can make all things possible! I came out of gerry';s half shocked lol..I had estimated it wud come by end of November since i sumbitted it on 16th Sept and they started processing it on 27th September.The visa granted was of the same date :)
Thanx to everyone here wth whose guidance i was able to prepare a perfect case.
Best of luck!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 am

mashallah..more good news..

congratulation mari sis!!!..plz pray that my hubby gets his visa just as quick as urs..;)

u got visa grantdd??...wher u moving to??..

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 am

MARIA**

can u giv us ur list of documents u submitted sis..pweez??..jzk

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 am

@Rehana: Thanks for your reply Rehana. I guess the same.
@Maria: That is great news, you got visa in just 15 days. Amazing. Have fun and enjoy.

Rehana wrote:Hi, you're right. It is the same process. The notice of pending appeal is sent by the tribunal to the ECM. They have the opportunity to review their decision. If they decide to uphold their decision, then the supporting documents are prepared (the bundle) and sent to the tribunal. After the time period is up, the tribunal will contact you with a hearing date. A long, tiring, waiting game!?!!

maria20110

hey

Post by maria20110 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:03 am

Thankyou..I will be moving to UK within a month inshallah.
And i submitted all the documents asked for in the supporting docs.My university degree was acceptable as UK bachelors.So no issues there although i had given IELTS too but expired just 3 months before i submitted my application.I didnt wana wait for another month to give ielts n then wait for the results..All test centres were full for another month in isb.
Rest were sponsor's docs,employemnt letters,payslips,p60,tenancy agreement,bank statements. I work too so i submitted my payslips,bank statements,tax certificate and employment letter (everything original). Relationship proofs had nikah nama (already in english),wedding pics,invitation cards,phone call records of last 3 years(since engagement),extracts of emails,skype chats.
Trust me they just took 3 working days to send my passport back.And the date of the visa stamped is the same as of the email i received saying its in process now..lol..they probably stamped it the same day :)

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:35 am

Congrats Maria and Anjum - good to hear it

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:58 am

Our details:

applicant female
spouse visa
applied 17 august 2011
in process 30/08/2011
ready for collection 06.10.2011

will collect tomorrow to find out result! does an early response mean postive decision? Our bank statement was heatlhy though!!

nazema

Post by nazema » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:39 am

sajidamahmood

I have amended your details on spreadsheet. Good Luck for tomorrow, InshAllah the Visa will be granted.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:13 am

can't find my name on there.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:03 am

The only question from the weeks of reading and research I have left now is the communication part.

Some of the people I know put absolutely no communication proof with their application and got accepted. I know others who put communication proof in, ie. copies of web messenger convos and Lyca bills and got rejected.

Really don't know on this one, but everyone says don't provide proof and tell them you didn't communicate prior to the wedding (wedding is december this year) and hopefully that will work out.

Sajid I'm sure you'll be fine, do let us know what the outcome is.

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:15 am

king2be98 wrote:The only question from the weeks of reading and research I have left now is the communication part.

Some of the people I know put absolutely no communication proof with their application and got accepted. I know others who put communication proof in, ie. copies of web messenger convos and Lyca bills and got rejected.

Really don't know on this one, but everyone says don't provide proof and tell them you didn't communicate prior to the wedding (wedding is december this year) and hopefully that will work out.

Sajid I'm sure you'll be fine, do let us know what the outcome is.
All people i know who got visas never submitted an communiction proof so I dont think its that important if you are already married and have spent some time together i.e you have wedding phots and passports stamps in and out!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:36 am

sajidmahmood..excellent..good luck and trust me..it wil b good news!!..

a quick reply is a good sign..:)...

let us kno wht happened..inshallah!