ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:27 am

nazema sis,

the list i wrote earlier are the only ones that hav been stamped on both english and urdu..

it does say on the english and urdu nikah namah 'translation attested notary public mardan nwfp pakistan' wiv signature and stamp...

whats this nadra nika nama??

NO no1 has contacted my hubby from islamabad...the ppl who came and told my huby that ur nikah nama is not correct came from the union coucil wher we live..and that what we'r wondering..WHO told the union coucil that our nikah nama is incorrect??...

sajidmahmood

Post by sajidmahmood » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 am

Our details:

applicant female
spouse visa
applied 17 august 2011
in process 30/08/2011
ready for collection 06.10.2011

Collected 07.10.11 Visa issued!
VAlid from 29/09/2011

thanks

nazema

Post by nazema » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:53 am

Congrats SajidMahmood

I will amend the spreadsheet and wish you both all the best!
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:56 am

excellent!!!..told u sajid bro innit!!!!

congratulations!!!wish u both a happy life together!!

nazema sis..if i've got my nikah nama's stamped by the ministry of foreign affairs, do i still need to get a nadra nikah nama??

(i dint kno that computerized meant nadra)...

nazema

Post by nazema » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:14 am

xnailax,

I was informed you need a Nadra marriage certificate as that is where it is registered and Embassy can check with them. I told my husband to get that made (apparently you ask the Union Council to do it for you) and he told me we dont need it as we have our nikah nama in urdu and english and he has never heard of that. I made him get one and I submitted it with my papers. I do not think it is a legal requirement to have one as your nikah nama is proof of your marriage but I had it made just to be safe.

Don't worry you will be fine as you have had yours attested from Ministry.
Spreadsheet containing useful data for Appellants and Applicants:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... E&hl=en_US

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:12 pm

okay jzk sis..much appreciated!!!..

panic over lol..hubbys gona submit what he shud of submitted wiv documents tmrow..and the islamabad embassy wil recieve it by monday.....

im sure other cases hav ben refused cos they havent made a nadra nikah nama e.g. kmahmood innit??

anyways...hubbys case is stil in the fowarded process so i gues i hav been extremely lucky...

maria20110

hi

Post by maria20110 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:18 pm

@Xanila:
Giving too much unnecessary information causes confusion.It simply shows that you are trying too hard due to "some" reason.
The application and documents should be kept simple and To the point.
Now that you have already done it,u can pray for things to turn out better.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:24 pm

sis put urself in my shoes...

ofcourse im gona ba asking loads of question cos i was confused maself..

:) :) :)

jzk..

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi
@ Naila i dont blame u for being confused
Did thsy ask your hubby for NADRA marriage certificare or something was it some other documents

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:02 pm

THANKYOU AAAA123!!!...

umm..im not too sure..but i guess it wud hav been that!...but alhamdulillah im glad that it got sorted out straight away and wasnt refused innit!!..:)

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 pm

XnailaX wrote:THANKYOU AAAA123!!!...

umm..im not too sure..but i guess it wud hav been that!...but alhamdulillah im glad that it got sorted out straight away and wasnt refused innit!!..:)
wht happened anyway

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:46 pm

@XnailaX: Do not need to be worried if you got too many stamps on Nikkah Nama. But the question is why Union Council people came to the house to tell that there is something wrong in Nikahnama? Normally they are not that efficient and don't bother at all. It is not the practice. Very Strange.
@anjum786mohammed: Thanks for the PM. I would like to ask what were those two stamps on your Nikah name? I understand, one stamp obviously for Nikah registarar (Nikkah Khawan) but what about the Other stamp?????? please tell me. thanks

I got only one refusal reason and that was Nikkah nama is not registered but it was registered actually so made an appeal that is still in progress. And got only one stamp on Nikkahnama that is Nikkah registrar's stamp on the bottom.
anjum786mohammed wrote:

wht happened anyway

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:01 pm

everyday_4_u wrote:@XnailaX: Do not need to be worried if you got too many stamps on Nikkah Nama. But the question is why Union Council people came to the house to tell that there is something wrong in Nikahnama? Normally they are not that efficient and don't bother at all. It is not the practice. Very Strange.
@anjum786mohammed: Thanks for the PM. I would like to ask what were those two stamps on your Nikah name? I understand, one stamp obviously for Nikah registarar (Nikkah Khawan) but what about the Other stamp?????? please tell me. thanks

I got only one refusal reason and that was Nikkah nama is not registered but it was registered actually so made an appeal that is still in progress. And got only one stamp on Nikkahnama that is Nikkah registrar's stamp on the bottom.
anjum786mohammed wrote:

wht happened anyway
the one stamp was from the registrar and the other from the union council i think, this is in lahore dont really know about other areas

Abs11
Newly Registered

RE: Spouse Visa Help

Post by Abs11 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:29 am

Hi Guys,

My wife submitted her spouse settlement visa case on the 27/09/11 at Gerrys Mirpur Office. Current status is: Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on the 28/09/11.

Having only come across this forum last night i realise i may have made
a major error on the application. With the housing side of the application
we will be staying with my parents. I have included the following evidence:

1. Letter from my parents saying happy for us to stay there.

2. Housing accomadation report.

3. Council tax bills, telephone bill, gas bills and electricity bills. (parents
name)

But i havent included a copy of the land registry for the house. as the letter from my parent says they own the house. Is it too late to send
it now???

But saying this i do have a well paid job in the NHS and had a healthy
bank balance which shows i can support myself and wife financially when
my wife made the application

Any advice would by appreciated.

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Re: RE: Spouse Visa Help

Post by Mirza007 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:43 am

Abs11 wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife submitted her spouse settlement visa case on the 27/09/11 at Gerrys Mirpur Office. Current status is: Application forwarded to Islamabad OC on the 28/09/11.

Having only come across this forum last night i realise i may have made
a major error on the application. With the housing side of the application
we will be staying with my parents. I have included the following evidence:

1. Letter from my parents saying happy for us to stay there.

2. Housing accomadation report.

3. Council tax bills, telephone bill, gas bills and electricity bills. (parents
name)

But i havent included a copy of the land registry for the house. as the letter from my parent says they own the house. Is it too late to send
it now???

But saying this i do have a well paid job in the NHS and had a healthy
bank balance which shows i can support myself and wife financially when
my wife made the application

Any advice would by appreciated.
Unfortunately, it is late for you to submit any further evidence.

From a recent successful applicant prespective, you need to show who owns the house, as that will correlate with housing inspection report. However, i didnt submit any bills or council tax in the house owner name, as it wasnt required. But this could be in your favour, if UKBA turn a 'blind eye' to the abscence of your land registry.

Please dont feel dishearted with my comment - just wait for the verdict.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:51 am

Salam guys, I have received 'Notice of appeal pending' this is the acknowledgement letter.. right?

Inshallah I hope that the ECM reviews and reconsiders the decision for my hubby's refusal and over-turns the original decision. Please all make dua for me!
Allah is the greatest!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:57 pm

inshallah sis..^^...xx

um, the people that came to my huby house, was sum1 we knew who works for union coucil and he works in that department....

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:59 pm

abz..my sister dint submit the land registry..and the UKBA turned a 'blind eye'..so inshallah it wil b nothing to worry bout..

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:27 pm

@Exquisit33: When did you submit your appeal? on what date? and after how many days did you get acknowledgement letter? is that came to Pakistan or to you in UK? And your appeal was made to Leicester or Islamabad? And what is the deadline given to ECO?

And hopefully your decision will be over turn soon. Just be patience.

Exquisit33 wrote:Salam guys, I have received 'Notice of appeal pending' this is the acknowledgement letter.. right?

Inshallah I hope that the ECM reviews and reconsiders the decision for my hubby's refusal and over-turns the original decision. Please all make dua for me!

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:08 am

I'm reading the thread and I'm a bit confused about something, perhaps the others are too and hence everyone asking abotu appeal times.

So could to the best of your knowledge aswer the following.

1. How many different types of appeal after rejection are there?

2. For these different types of appeal, what is the average time taken for the rejection to be overturned (this is where people seem to get confused and I have too).

3. What is the official pricing of appeals at the moment? (Excluding solicitor charges).

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:30 am

Hi
Can somebody tell me if u r living with parents is it still necessary to provide Land Registry

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza007 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:03 am

aaaaaa123 wrote:Hi
Can somebody tell me if u r living with parents is it still necessary to provide Land Registry
Yes, as the land registry will go with the housing inspection report and permission/consent letter from the house owner.
Last edited by Mirza007 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:44 am

mirza, im sure it is necessary like u say..

but as i sed b4..my sister dint submit hers(she forgot) and it dint get rejected on that....so....?

Mirza007
Newly Registered

Post by Mirza007 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:59 am

XnailaX wrote:mirza, im sure it is necessary like u say..

but as i sed b4..my sister dint submit hers(she forgot) and it dint get rejected on that....so....?
Hi Naila,

I can only express/comment on what i have done and know. Plus what i say is consistent to what UKBA and my solicitor have advised me.

But feel free to not accept my opinion.

P.s. note, my wife case took 17 days in total with evidence i provided.

[/b]

farzana_uk
Newly Registered

Post by farzana_uk » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:56 pm

my sister didnt send in the land registry wen she applied 4 her hubbys visa, and her application was refused on that basis.
Its always best 2 send the land registy wen applying.