ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May this work out ? Advise needed please

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abulotus
Newly Registered

May this work out ? Advise needed please

Post by abulotus » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm non-EU married to a Spanish national. We've lived in the UK legally with a Registration Certificate and RC since 2008. Prior to this we lived in Spain for almost 4 months and been in and out sever since. While in Spain I got my Tarjeta de Residencia (valid for 5 years). During a trip last year I submitted an application for Spanish nationality.

My in-laws there received a letter from Policia in the city where I'm registered asking for me to come on 28 December for an interview. A list of required documents which prove my residence in Spain is included in the letter.

My question is: I'm based in the UK with long term plans to return and live in Spain. 'Homologaccion' of my overseas degree was the reason why we left in the first place as I was unable to work with my qualification. It took around 18 months for this to be sorted out and I got now "mi titulo homologado".

There is still almost 3 months down the road o my appointment with the police. I wonder how can I show active residence in Spain while I'm still in the UK ! I know it sounds weird but someone said it may work. One option I was told is to register there as unemployed"Paro" although I'm paying taxes here in the UK !. Other option could be to rent a flat for example and include the tenancy agreement ! I don't know

There is only 3 months to go and wondered what's the best way around without leaving my "good-salaried" job here in the very near future at least.

Thanx in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:07 am

It is possible to apply for Spanish naturalization without completing a one year residence period? You say you lived there for only 4 months.

86ti
Diamond Member

Re: May this work out ? Advise needed please

Post by 86ti » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:21 am

abulotus wrote:I wonder how can I show active residence in Spain while I'm still in the UK !
How can you if you do not live there? You would need to find out what 'residence' means in Spanish law. Under EEA law residence is broken if absences are longer than six months (the are some exceptions for important reasons).