ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 application questioned under section 3.8

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rajesh_kumar01

AN1 application questioned under section 3.8

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi ,

One of my friend's AN1 application is in process and he received a letter asking why did not he mentioned a crime for which he has not be tried yet.
Case is like this. Some time in June 2008 he was stopped (near home) for breath test. It seems machine was not working so he(my friend ) was taken to police station for his breath test. Breath test came clean and file was closed with NFA (no further action require ). My friend was let go free.
So when filling the form he did nto mentioned it in AN1 section 3.8 . Now he has got a letter ask why did not he mention that. Letter from UKBA says "why did he not mention as he is YET to be tried for the matter".
My questions are

- Is it straight forward he send police report and say he did not mention in form(section 3.8) as he was neither charged nor waiting for anything from the authority but file was closed with NFA.
- Or he should contact any solicitor ?

Please reply

Thanks
Rajesh

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:51 pm

Perhaps there is something else pending?
Otherwise, do as you say here
he send police report and say he did not mention in form(section 3. as he was neither charged nor waiting for anything from the authority but file was closed with NFA

rajesh_kumar01

Post by rajesh_kumar01 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

no thing is pending . I saw his alcohol breath test result and it is around 20-22 (limit is 35)..He talked to police and Crown prosecution service and they assured nothing is pending.