ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Post by Day-Walker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:04 am

I submitted my application on 16 June and still I have not received any reply.

I submit my at 1/08/11 still wait and wait and full strees[/quote]

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:13 pm

I applied 20 May and fees were deducted 20 June

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Post by Day-Walker » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

semsem wrote:I applied 20 May and fees were deducted 20 June
Have you received any reply or any other response? I sent my application on 16 June but no response so far.

semsem
Newly Registered

Post by semsem » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm

no i didn't

simon1111
Newly Registered

!

Post by simon1111 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:09 am

things have considerably slowed down, I think this is due to the HO moving building recently.

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Re: !

Post by Day-Walker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:34 am

simon1111 wrote:things have considerably slowed down, I think this is due to the HO moving building recently.
This might be the case, But I have not received any reply yet, while the application has taken 4 months now. Recently they are deciding applications received in August and september.

sonya24

Post by sonya24 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:38 am

hi all its been more than 5 months now and i am still waiting i applied on the 10th of may i have given up now i will just wait for homeoffice to take a decision anyone else who applied in may and still waiting??

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Re: !

Post by Day-Walker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:48 am

Can someone call on behalf of their spouse to inquire about the application status?

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 am

sonya24 wrote:hi all its been more than 5 months now and i am still waiting i applied on the 10th of may i have given up now i will just wait for homeoffice to take a decision anyone else who applied in may and still waiting??
I applied 18th May and I am no longer worried/stressed about the application. I have my ILR so anything positive to come out of the application is a bonus. I have placed all about the application to the back of my mind as there are new things to chase around. I do not look at the timelines as a guideline anymore as it was proved that the processing is more of a lottery than anything else. Another thing I learned in life is what goes up, comes down at some point so my decision will come at some point.

ramesheuk

time line

Post by ramesheuk » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:29 am

Hi,

Just want to let you know my time lines:

Naturalisation application made: 11/08/11 (Through NCS)
Approval letter received : 26/09/11 (dated 13/09/11)
Ceremony attended: 05/10/11
Passport application: Waiting

Thanks

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Post by Day-Walker » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:57 am

wezhira wrote:
sonya24 wrote:hi all its been more than 5 months now and i am still waiting i applied on the 10th of may i have given up now i will just wait for homeoffice to take a decision anyone else who applied in may and still waiting??
I applied 18th May and I am no longer worried/stressed about the application. I have my ILR so anything positive to come out of the application is a bonus. I have placed all about the application to the back of my mind as there are new things to chase around. I do not look at the timelines as a guideline anymore as it was proved that the processing is more of a lottery than anything else. Another thing I learned in life is what goes up, comes down at some point so my decision will come at some point.
Sonya24 and Wezhire, have you ever called them about your applications status?

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:28 am

Same here. Still waiting since early 3rd May. I've never seen so many applicants being delayed all at once.

wezhira
Newly Registered

Post by wezhira » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:57 am

Sam_London wrote:Same here. Still waiting since early 3rd May. I've never seen so many applicants being delayed all at once.
No point phoning now. I will call them in December 2011 before the Xmas holidays.

TahirMahmood
Newly Registered

Post by TahirMahmood » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Applied in April and waiting....not sure what is going on...strait forward joint application. Thinking to write a letter .... Excatly 6 monthson 18th..

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:41 pm

TahirMahmood wrote:
Applied in April and waiting....not sure what is going on...strait forward joint application. Thinking to write a letter .... Excatly 6 monthson 18th..

agree you should definitely write to them or use your MP to do so, its so unjustified delays helpfully they wont give you the same boring script ( internal and external chicks being carried out )

rightmove

HELP WITH PASSPORT APPLICATION

Post by rightmove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:32 am

Hi, I am in a tricky situation here. My countersignatory has been sent a letter at his office address where he doesn't go as he is a consultant and he is also not very often at home, mostly roaming around in Europe and comes infrequently to home. He is my neighbour.

Though passport office said me in the status email that they have sent a letter, the conuntersignatory checked at his office and no letter is received yet. I am confused as to what to do as I need passport for travel urgently.

Has anybody been in this situation as to how to convince IPS to send an email or talk to my referee and he can get back in writing wherever he is to the IPS.

I talked to the passport office and they are saying they want him to reply to that letter in the envelope that they have provided. This is amazing, why did they ask for the email of the guy when they cannot communicate with him on the email.

papaluna
Newly Registered

Re: HELP WITH PASSPORT APPLICATION

Post by papaluna » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:45 am

rightmove wrote:Hi, I am in a tricky situation here. My countersignatory has been sent a letter at his office address where he doesn't go as he is a consultant and he is also not very often at home, mostly roaming around in Europe and comes infrequently to home. He is my neighbour.

Though passport office said me in the status email that they have sent a letter, the conuntersignatory checked at his office and no letter is received yet. I am confused as to what to do as I need passport for travel urgently.

Has anybody been in this situation as to how to convince IPS to send an email or talk to my referee and he can get back in writing wherever he is to the IPS.

I talked to the passport office and they are saying they want him to reply to that letter in the envelope that they have provided. This is amazing, why did they ask for the email of the guy when they cannot communicate with him on the email.

Hello there:

I think this post should be copied inthe Passport forum, as this is for Naturalization, so it is more likely you get a reply in the other forum, becuase in here we are still one behind you.
Good luck wth passport

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:01 pm

papaluna wrote:
rightmove wrote:Hi, I am in a tricky situation here. My countersignatory has been sent a letter at his office address where he doesn't go as he is a consultant and he is also not very often at home, mostly roaming around in Europe and comes infrequently to home. He is my neighbour.

Hello there:

I think this post should be copied inthe Passport forum, as this is for Naturalization, so it is more likely you get a reply in the other forum, becuase in here we are still one behind you.
Good luck wth passport
plz carefully read the thread name. its ok to dissucss here about the general passport discussion.
NAZIA XX

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:06 pm

when did you sent your application and when did they sent out a letter remember they usually post 2nd class so it might take sometime to arrive. you have to talk with your countersignatory if he dosnt reply within the time limit then IPS might ask you to provide a another countersignatory so keep in touch with him/her its happend when i applied my son's passport so goodluck.

regards
nazia
NAZIA XX

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:18 pm

[quote="Nazia88"][quote="rightmove"] ....[/quote]

when did you sent your application and when did they sent out a letter remember they usually post 2nd class so it might take sometime to arrive. you have to talk with your countersignatory if he dosnt reply within the time limit then IPS might ask you to provide a another countersignatory so keep in touch with him/her its happend when i applied my son's passport so goodluck.

regards
nazia[/quote]
Thanks Nazia... I applied on 28th sep. Application under processing on 5th October. So, I will wait for another week. Do you know how long do they wait for the counter signatory to come back... What if I ask IPS to send another reference anyways as I am not sure if this guy is going to be able to reply within a month or so as he is traveling.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:20 pm

rightmove wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
rightmove wrote: ....

regards
nazia
Thanks Nazia... I applied on 28th sep. Application under processing on 5th October. So, I will wait for another week. Do you know how long do they wait for the counter signatory to come back... What if I ask IPS to send another reference anyways as I am not sure if this guy is going to be able to reply within a month or so as he is traveling.
i have no idea about that but i think you may ask if you get another refree i think they give about 2 week to reply it i gusse. goodluck.
NAZIA XX

papaluna
Newly Registered

Post by papaluna » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:57 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rightmove wrote:
Nazia88 wrote:
rightmove wrote: ....

regards
nazia
i have no idea about that but i think you may ask if you get another refree i think they give about 2 week to reply it i gusse. goodluck.
Yes, I am very sorry, you are completly right, I should read carefully, I apologize for my mistake

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:29 am

Hi Nazia, sorry for my being a bit pedantic here... Did you mean you asked IPS to provide another referee and they will gave 2 weeks time or they wait for 2 weeks for the existing one to reply and if he doesn't they will let me know?

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 pm

rightmove wrote:Hi Nazia, sorry for my being a bit pedantic here... Did you mean you asked IPS to provide another referee and they will gave 2 weeks time or they wait for 2 weeks for the existing one to reply and if he doesn't they will let me know?
i dont want to give you any incorrect information please call them and ask then and plz post here aswel for others ok and i wish you best luck x
NAZIA XX

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Post by Day-Walker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Its been 4 months since I sent my application, but no response. I sent them email 10 days ago, but no reply to that either. Any Advice?