ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

confused please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aabh24
Newly Registered

confused please help

Post by aabh24 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Dear All

This forum helped me lot to get tier 1 visa in last dec 2010.

Now my question is for extantion.

Confused about net earning section.

As i applied in november 2010 and got visa dec 2010.

How much earning i have to show in my next extantion.

Same as first application or 55000 k.

Please help me.

Regards

Akash.....

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Re: confused please help

Post by ScopeD » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:08 pm

aabh24 wrote:Dear All

This forum helped me lot to get tier 1 visa in last dec 2010.

Now my question is for extantion.

Confused about net earning section.

As i applied in november 2010 and got visa dec 2010.

How much earning i have to show in my next extantion.

Same as first application or 55000 k.

Please help me.

Regards

Akash.....
Your information is not very clear as you have not provided all details, therefore I am providing an answer by explaining the general points. You want to know whether you should show same earnings "as first application or 55000" but you have not explained why your comparison is between first application earnings and 55k. However, looking at the scores, 55k gives you 35 points (for those whose initial leave was awarded after 6 April 2010). What this means is that if you earn 55k, you will need to to score 45 points in the qualification/age/uk experience categories in order to reach 80 points. In other words, whatever level of earnings that gets you to 80 points is what you will need.

My second point is that it is incorrect for you to think of earnings in terms of "net". The requirements are clear as per guidance policy; that the earnings to be used for points scoring are gross earnings.

It will also be helpful for you to read the guidance policy as it clearly explains these points. You may also find the points based calculator on the UKBA site helpful.