ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR experience croydon peo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dr_raihan29

ILR experience croydon peo

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Hi guys here goes the detailed experience from yesterday, sorry couldn't post yesterday as probably had the best sleep in 5 years lol

arrived at peo @07:35 AM for scheduled appt at 08:15
Allowed in immidiately and went through initial screening, no issues only went upto section 3 and seeing I was under JR went to the very last page confirmed I have signed and stamped valid, no docs asked at that point said case worker will ask what ever needed, gave me token number and directed upstairs to pay.

paid at 08:05 with tesco credit card(called up tesco fraudline on monday to advice to expect a large amount on card) given payment recepit, adviced to keep both token and payment receipt safe as would be asked for by case worker

waiting for nearly one hour and at 09:00 sharp my token number was called, very pleasant man on the other side of the window, asked for my form and all 3 passports of me and dependents. Then asked to see my original hsmp visa stamp(in a old expired passport) and original hsmp apporval letter which I promptly provided. he checked the home office referrence number i provided on set(o) form with the one on the letter/his system and was satisfied i was pre nov. The only other doc he asked for was 3 months bank statements and 3 months payslip and very last years(only 1) p60. and nill else. gave me the option to sit infront of him or return to the waiting and i took the first one incase he needs something. started entering dates in and out of uk on his pc and calculated absence double checked with me at 119 days with max one being 42 days. at that point he mentioned that only two main reasons a JR candidate is usually sent away without ILR is the days absent from uk which they take very seriously and not being economically active at all(then also mentioned he hasn't seen one single case of the later type but lots and lots of cases of the first type), then enterned PNC and discovered my and my wifes caution on which both of us joked on, no issues there also said only caution they dont ignore are drink drive/sexual type. confirmed its already spent but still would come up on system.
then after 25-30 min he finished entering data and scanning pics, gave me one copy of pics back and printed of a case summery sheet. then put that and the passports in a folder and put my token number on it and said congratulations you have been granted ILR :D:D. adviced me to pick up passport in one hour from counter 22(customer service), the time was
around 10:00 or even a bit earliner than that.

I tried my luck only after 25 min or so and found out all 3 passports were ready and name/dob/sex was rightly printed, quality of the image on stamp was quite poor though. But I was so happy didnt care much thanked the lady and out I went out of Lunar house.

no other issues raised or documents(cohab etc asked).

all the best guys and next stop naturalization!!!!:D thanks again

HsmpFlr3

Post by HsmpFlr3 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Many congratulations! It would be a dream to have this "dream experience" for some of us.
I fall under pre-nov 2006. Couple of questions:
(a) In the Payment details page, there is a Yes/No question asking "if you are applying as HSMP, are you doing so under HSMP ILR judicial review". Did you select yes/No for this? My approval was in Aug 2006, but not clear if this Yes/No is intended for prev-Apr 2006.

(b) Is it ok to take double sided (back to back) printout of the form?

(c) I presume you chose 3B (Tier 1 under HSMP forum JR) and 10G.

fora

Post by fora » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Best of luck with naturalisation! :D Hopefully we will follow u soon :D
By the way , was your spouse with u 2 years?Any issues about cohabitation?

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:05 pm

hi yes I chose that option yes on the payment page and you are right 10(G) and tier1 under JR

my wife is actually with me here for the last 7 years(plab visa 6 months----clinical attachment visa 6 months-----PFT for 1 year---hsmp dependent 5 years.) all entry exit etc similar to me, no cohab docs asked for at all.

I would advice NOT to do double sided printing, not because I am not particularly a tree hugger/nature nut but because I think it makes it difficult for them to turn over, I learned a lession from this forum the easier you make life for the peo worker the smoother the experience. But again this is only my opinion.

nehalbhagat

Question re. ILR

Post by nehalbhagat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:06 pm

Many Congratulations for your success.

You have mentioned that you have provided home office reference number in set(o) form to determine that you are HSMP JR applicant,which reference number you talking about ? is it HSMP approval letter reference number or something else.

Please kindly advise
Thanks

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm

hi there yes the number that was o
n my ver6 first hsmp approval letter and thwn i had handwritten beside it the ref number from my tier 1 extension under jr letter, alrhough i dont think this is manditory or even needed

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi raihan
Could you please advise what does your initial HSMP letter says? Or does your tier 1 says your application was dealt with 65 points requirement ?

I didn't have a proper job in the 1st two years of HSMP , dnt have the p60s for the 2 years( have requested employment history from HMRC) n i am not sure if my holidays were paid or not , bit my overall holidays are 119, do you think I should b ok ?

Regards

dr_raihan29 wrote:hi there yes the number that was o

n my ver6 first hsmp approval letter and thwn i had handwritten beside it the ref number from my tier 1 extension under jr letter, alrhough i dont think this is manditory or even needed

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:22 pm

initial hsmp letter said that I fullfilled the criteria and granted hsmp and can apply for flr(IED) although i had send that together with hsmp application anyways as visa was expiring.

extension basically says my application was dealt under JR and granted no mention of points and said leave of 3 years should be sufficient to take you to ILR bla blah.

I would strongly advice NOT to get into complication of doing spreadsheets, marking passport pages etc etc for leaves unless your leave days cross 180. see by doing that you are inviting questions regarding paid/unpaid employers letter/etc if its as low as your own one just fill up the section in the form. I didnt even do a covering letter cause the set(o) form is so well self explanatory, hope this help bye

Skispers
Newly Registered

Post by Skispers » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:47 am

Hi Raihan,
There has been lots of discussion about how to calculate the number of days away. Since you have direct experience, could you confirm how they calcualted the number to verified your 119 days.
Specifcally, did they include or exclude the first and last day of any trip.

dr_raihan29

Post by dr_raihan29 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:35 am

i simply finger counted the days! and didnt include days in or out