ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Investor Visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JaggiSingh
Newly Registered

Investor Visa

Post by JaggiSingh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:38 pm

I have a cousin who wish to move to the UK on Investor Visa. He is willing to Invest £1million. I want to know what areas can he invest in.

P.S. He holds a Business visa for UK which is due to expire in late 2013

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:45 pm

The types of investments permitted can be found in the guidance. Please read the guidance on the UKBA site.

JaggiSingh
Newly Registered

Post by JaggiSingh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:11 pm

Lucapooka wrote:The types of investments permitted can be found in the guidance. Please read the guidance on the UKBA site.
are you a solicitor??

Can he buy residential properties(loads of houses)?? Would it considered to be investment??

John

Post by John » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Have you read the guidance? The answer to your question is clearly there.

Getting the initial visa will probably not be a problem, but getting an extension just before the end of the initial visa will be a problem. After all to get that extension the person needs to get a particular 30 points from (with my emphasis) :-
The applicant has invested not less than £750,000 of his capital in the United Kingdom by way of United Kingdom Government bonds, share capital or loan capital in active and trading United Kingdom registered companies other than those principally engaged in property investment; and has invested the remaining balance of £1 million in the UK by the purchase of assets or by maintaining the money on deposit in a UK regulated financial institution
Also :-
The funds must not be invested in companies mainly engaged in property investment, property management or property development. This requirement prevents investment in companies whose main function is to own or manage land or buildings. It does not prevent investment in, for example, construction firms, manufacturers or retailers who own their own premises
Have a good read of the UKBA guidance.
Last edited by John on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:49 pm

JaggiSingh wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:The types of investments permitted can be found in the guidance. Please read the guidance on the UKBA site.
are you a solicitor??

Can he buy residential properties(loads of houses)?? Would it considered to be investment??
The investor scheme is not for people to buy houses.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... extension/

JaggiSingh
Newly Registered

Post by JaggiSingh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:03 pm

I may sound dumb but can you please put in simple words what sort areas to invest in?

John

Post by John » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Have you read the guidance? There are lots of possibilities, for example, UK Government Bonds, etc etc.
John

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:21 pm

You don`t sound dumb but do sound lazy! What is preventing you reading the very clear and simple guidance that has been quoted and linked.

JaggiSingh
Newly Registered

Post by JaggiSingh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:29 pm

You are right I was being lazy. Is there a good solicitor you can recommend who will help us through the process.

John

Post by John » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Third time ..... have you read the guidance?
John

JaggiSingh
Newly Registered

Post by JaggiSingh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:59 pm

John wrote:Third time ..... have you read the guidance?
Not yet! Hopefully by tomorrow morning(44 pages).

Another question is there limit on how many days the person must stay in the UK??

Thank you guys for putting up with me, you are very helpful.

AutoHertz
BANNED

UK Tier 1 (Investor) visas

Post by AutoHertz » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Ok dear, i will read it, after than i will post ...