ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can my child be british at birth?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ngueda2009

can my child be british at birth?

Post by ngueda2009 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:09 am

hi , i became bc in june 2011 and i am currently married and my wife live overseas because of work. at the moment she is pregnant . my questions are :1- when my wife give birth what nationality my child will have?
2-what can i do for my child to become british
thanks guys

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:20 am

The child will be British by descent from your lineage. It may also be able to claim your other nationality if you have retained this and it is permitted within the scope of that nationality law.

In addition (or primarily) the child will certainly have the nationality of the mother. If the mother is living in a country other than her nationality, the child may also be able to accept the nationality of that country if it is permitted within the scope of that nationality law.