ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sam_London

Post by Sam_London » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:24 pm

Day-Walker wrote:Its been 4 months since I sent my application, but no response. I sent them email 10 days ago, but no reply to that either. Any Advice?
I've applied nearly 3 weeks before you. There is major slow down of applications. Maybe extra security measures for certain people. Its just a guessing game now. No one knows whats going on. I just hope our applications did not fall through the crack and got forgotten about.

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Sam_London wrote:
Day-Walker wrote:Its been 4 months since I sent my application, but no response. I sent them email 10 days ago, but no reply to that either. Any Advice?
I've applied nearly 3 weeks before you. There is major slow down of applications. Maybe extra security measures for certain people. Its just a guessing game now. No one knows whats going on. I just hope our applications did not fall through the crack and got forgotten about.
Yet other applications made much later are being processed in 7-8 weeks. Very strange.

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Post by Day-Walker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:18 am

hmw wrote:
Sam_London wrote:
Yet other applications made much later are being processed in 7-8 weeks. Very strange.
I think they are processing the recent applications first than applications received in May and June.

anoop_mun
Newly Registered

Post by anoop_mun » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Hello All,

Thanks a lot all you for all the support that you all have posted over the time. Would you all believe I used to keep on checking this forum 3-4 times in a day if anybody would have any good news to share.

It is good news from my end now and finally received the brown envelope today. Even thought my application was a stright forward one, it took 3.5 months for my approval to come throught.

I have learnt one think for sure .. things take time to come throught but have faith in yourself you will soon get the good news.

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:30 pm

anoop_mun wrote:Hello All,

Thanks a lot all you for all the support that you all have posted over the time. Would you all believe I used to keep on checking this forum 3-4 times in a day if anybody would have any good news to share.

It is good news from my end now and finally received the brown envelope today. Even thought my application was a stright forward one, it took 3.5 months for my approval to come throught.

I have learnt one think for sure .. things take time to come throught but have faith in yourself you will soon get the good news.

congrats mate, and many thanks for posting your timeline good luck.

hmw
Newly Registered

Post by hmw » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Got my brown letter of approval in the mail today, was dated 12th October. I applied 11th July so it took 3 months for them to approve & post the letter. And 9 days for the letter to arrive !

chocho

Post by chocho » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 pm

congratulations!

rightmove

Countersignatory reply

Post by rightmove » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:16 pm

My Countersignatory doesn't have company letterhead. Does anybody know if he can reply on plain paper? Any experience please?

Day-Walker
Newly Registered

Re: Countersignatory reply

Post by Day-Walker » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Congrats!!!!

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:11 pm

rightmove wrote:My Countersignatory doesn't have company letterhead. Does anybody know if he can reply on plain paper? Any experience please?
just try to reply to IPS alteast on white paper let countersignatory explain everything i hope it should be fine as long as he sign and confirm that he signed ur photographs and application. goodluck.
NAZIA XX

rightmove

Post by rightmove » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:04 pm

Nazia88 wrote:
rightmove wrote:My Countersignatory doesn't have company letterhead. Does anybody know if he can reply on plain paper? Any experience please?
just try to reply to IPS alteast on white paper let countersignatory explain everything i hope it should be fine as long as he sign and confirm that he signed ur photographs and application. goodluck.
Just for info, my countersignatory called IPS and they told to reply on plain paper and simply state that "Unfortunately I dont have a business headed letter so replyuing on plain paper."

papaluna
Newly Registered

Waiting over

Post by papaluna » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:33 pm

Hello everyone:

I am glad to tell you that my waiting it is over. I received my brown envelope. I applied on the 4th of july and hopefully will have my ceremony in 3 weeks time.
Good luck to anyone who are still waiting and I wish that the answer come soon for you.

Thank you also to this forum and your comments as it is been very helpful during this waiting time.
X
Papaluna

simon1111
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting over

Post by simon1111 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:53 am

papaluna wrote:Hello everyone:

I am glad to tell you that my waiting it is over. I received my brown envelope. I applied on the 4th of july and hopefully will have my ceremony in 3 weeks time.
Good luck to anyone who are still waiting and I wish that the answer come soon for you.

Thank you also to this forum and your comments as it is been very helpful during this waiting time.
X
Papaluna
congrats, apparently the case workers have an appetite fro July's application now so it's pick in up.

guardianangel79
Newly Registered

Post by guardianangel79 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Glad to hear those who applied in early July are getting their approvals now. Still a long way to go for me - I applied towards the end of July ... Good luck to all

Will Singh
Mood:

Post by Will Singh » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:49 pm

X
Papaluna
Congratulations and hope all goes well ahead.

I only just applied for my wife on the 12 Oct and already I'm getting impatient as they ain't even took the money from our account. Never mind after I have read on here other people's time lines I will just have to be patient, BUT 2 people from my family in January this year got theirs in 3/4 weeks....maybe just luck.

Regards.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:32 pm

Will Singh wrote:

X
Papaluna
Congratulations and hope all goes well ahead.

I only just applied for my wife on the 12 Oct and already I'm getting impatient as they ain't even took the money from our account. Never mind after I have read on here other people's time lines I will just have to be patient, BUT 2 people from my family in January this year got theirs in 3/4 weeks....maybe just luck.

Regards.
dont worry eveything will be fine my fee sorted out rougly a month after my sending my application so nothing to worry about. goodluck

regards
nazia
NAZIA XX

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Hi all,

Does any body know which number to call when booking an appointment for passport interview.

thanks

simon1111
Newly Registered

Post by simon1111 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:41 pm

AALI24 wrote:Hi all,

Does any body know which number to call when booking an appointment for passport interview.

thanks
0300 222 0000.

AALI24

Post by AALI24 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:46 pm

Thanks

malaika
Newly Registered

Post by malaika » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:02 am

Day-Walker wrote:
hmw wrote:
Sam_London wrote:
I think they are processing the recent applications first than applications received in May and June.
Contact them by phone and choose option 2 then ask why applications for that period are delaying ; if you are nice to them, they may provide an update
Last edited by malaika on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:18 am

After Selecting Option 2, the option for Citizenship applications is 1, if I select it, it plays a recorded message and call is terminated ...

malaika
Newly Registered

Post by malaika » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:26 am

sjgul wrote:After Selecting Option 2, the option for Citizenship applications is 1, if I select it, it plays a recorded message and call is terminated ...
When you are asked, choose the option for all other enquiries which is most likely to be option 2

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:30 am

sjgul wrote: When you are asked, choose the option for all other enquiries which is most likely to be option 2
Ok Thanks, I got what you mean, I won't be troubling them on this option since this is meant for other inquiries and my application has still not crossed 6 month threshold.

haych10

Post by haych10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:46 am

Hi All,

Anybody who applied in july 2011 have u got youre naturalisation corrospondence. s we are waiting and there is no reply. Please advise urgently.

We called the ukba but they have an automated system in place anyone know why!!!!
Anyone plz advise if it is safe to sendan email to ukba requesting status of application. we applied 5th july 2011.

haych10

Post by haych10 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:49 am

[quote="sjgul"][quote="sjgul"]
When you are asked, choose the option for all other enquiries which is most likely to be option 2[/quote]

Ok Thanks, I got what you mean, I won't be troubling them on this option since this is meant for other inquiries and my application has still not crossed 6 month threshold.[/quote]

Hi we have the same problem too whenever we call the call is terminated. any advice is highly appreciated.