ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:34 am

congrats to all who got theirs approval recently

dodo123
Newly Registered

give an idea

Post by dodo123 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 am

just as irish pharore said, i have been following all your post and they seems to be just bang on.can please give me an idea when to expect my approval letter.my timeline,applied sept 2009,june sent them additional documents on my own,yesterday 25/10/11 rang them and was told waiting on outside agency.
with this inform, when should i expect my brown please.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Re: give an idea

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

dodo123 wrote:just as irish pharore said, i have been following all your post and they seems to be just bang on.can please give me an idea when to expect my approval letter.my timeline,applied sept 2009,june sent them additional documents on my own,yesterday 25/10/11 rang them and was told waiting on outside agency.
with this inform, when should i expect my brown please.
I understood that you are talking to my dear Nanette (but you did not mention that explicitly), so it is better if you send her PM.
peace on you

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:53 pm

Can't believe I finally get to say this, but the hubbie has just received his confirmation of citizenship! It's been a bloody ridiculously long road but finally the end is here. Application date was Sep 2009 as a spouse of an Irish citizen. Thank God we won't have to deal with INIS anymore ... what a huge relief ...

I'd ask for all you who have recently received citizenships that you'd update (or add) your details to the Citizenship tracker: http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps

irishtobe

Post by irishtobe » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:46 pm

scrudu wrote:Can't believe I finally get to say this, but the hubbie has just received his confirmation of citizenship! It's been a bloody ridiculously long road but finally the end is here. Application date was Sep 2009 as a spouse of an Irish citizen. Thank God we won't have to deal with INIS anymore ... what a huge relief ...

I'd ask for all you who have recently received citizenships that you'd update (or add) your details to the Citizenship tracker: http://www.editgrid.com/user/scrudu/citizenship_apps
congratilation to your husband ,

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:49 pm

plz update your detailsin scrdu sheets.it will be easy for new comers to follow the best instructions in future.i wish you all good luck who are waiting for theirs decisions and wish you happy diwali

beady eye

Post by beady eye » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:18 pm

scrudu wrote:Can't believe I finally get to say this, but the hubbie has just received his confirmation of citizenship! It's been a bloody ridiculously long road but finally the end is here. Application date was Sep 2009 as a spouse of an Irish citizen. Thank God we won't have to deal with INIS anymore ... what a huge relief ...

congrat to u. gr8 news so that means spouse of irish r getting approvls now too. lets the good news roll.

realhope

Post by realhope » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:01 pm

PIKKA wrote:
realhope wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
realhope wrote:thanks Pikka
thats correct. one point to mention that i have my middle name on my GNIB card. on my birth cert it gives names of me /father/grandfather
and the middle name i have on my GNIB and on my current passport is the first letter of both father and granfather
any idea what i should do?
thanks
It seems OK to me, there should be no problem at all because if there are only the first letters still they are there because of some body's name and on the Passport Application Form very first Question of Section2 'A' they are asking "Name to Appear on Passport" So, you can give your middle name there.
Hi Pikka
thanks for your reply. rang today and was informed that they would change it for me as it appears on my current passport and GNIB. i was told to write a note in that regard with my payment. i told her that i have already sent the documents. she said that she will make a note of that. and i should have that corrected in the acknoledgement which will be at least 3 weeks to get as they are so busy.
i was told the next ceremony may be after christmas?????
what are the next steps? how long does it take usually for getting ths acknoledgement?
congrats to all who got their approval. and i feel your approval is on the way
best of luck
It is good to see that your problem is sorted out. If she said at least 3 weeks to get acknowledgement then it could be.......
But Next Ceremony after X-mas....... does that mean your Ceremony or our Ceremony, I mean next wave of approvals? :wink:
i think she meant the next available ceremony for dublin is after christmas though she did mention munster. and dublin is leinster if my geography is correct.
can anyone confirm if there is a ceremony in december and which area is it for?
many thanks
WITH MY BEST WISHES FOR ALL WAITING FOR THE POSTMAN

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:04 am

CONGRATULATIONS!
to you and your Hubbie, that is really long time for an application as a Spouse of an Irish Citizen. But at the end wait is over. GOOD LUCK :D
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:09 am

realhope wrote:i think she meant the next available ceremony for dublin is after christmas though she did mention munster. and dublin is leinster if my geography is correct.
many thanks
Just spoke to one of the Marys of INIS they are still waiting for my report :shock:
I asked her about the next Ceremony and she said there is a ceremony on 9th Dec in Cork but there would be a certain amount of people but in January there would be a big Ceremony in Dublin
PIKKA

rayr7501

LTR 2011

Post by rayr7501 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi all,
just an update on LTR application.I submitted my LTR application on 29th SEP 11 and got reply from LTR section that they are busy processing applications for MONTH AUG 2011(reply received 25th Oct).I guess that would be 2 months processing time.I have also applied for my citizenship in DEC 2011 but still no reply on that yet.Hopefully LTR application will speed up citizenship process as well.Regards.

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:13 pm

PIKKA wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!
to you and your Hubbie, that is really long time for an application as a Spouse of an Irish Citizen. But at the end wait is over. GOOD LUCK :D
Cheers Pikka! Such a relief that it's all over now. It's been a battle since we first moved back to Ireland in 2005 and to finally have our immigration woes behind us is such a relief. If it hadn't been for this forum I don't know how we would have gotten through it. It's been an invaluable source of information.

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:26 pm

scrudu wrote:
PIKKA wrote:CONGRATULATIONS!
Cheers Pikka! Such a relief that it's all over now. It's been a battle since we first moved back to Ireland in 2005 and to finally have our immigration woes behind us is such a relief. If it hadn't been for this forum I don't know how we would have gotten through it. It's been an invaluable source of information.
I am totally agree with you, this forum is not only an invaluable source of information but also a massive source of support and relief for those people who are desperate and frustrated with these slow and lengthy procedures.... Have a nice time in Future :P
PIKKA

PIKKA

Re: LTR 2011

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:32 pm

rayr7501 wrote:Hi all,
just an update on LTR application.I submitted my LTR application on 29th SEP 11 and got reply from LTR section that they are busy processing applications for MONTH AUG 2011(reply received 25th Oct).I guess that would be 2 months processing time.I have also applied for my citizenship in DEC 2011 but still no reply on that yet.Hopefully LTR application will speed up citizenship process as well.Regards.
Welcome to the Forum.
You meant to say Dec 2010??? If so have you received your reference number or not, if not check with what is the problem and if you have your reference hopefully in next 2-3 months you would have both your LTR and Citizenship.....
PIKKA

PIKKA

Post by PIKKA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 pm

Welcome to the Forum.
You meant to say Dec 2010??? If so have you received your reference number or not? if not check with them what is the problem and if you have your reference number then hopefully in next 2-3 months you would have both your LTR and Citizenship.....
PIKKA

rayr7501

Post by rayr7501 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:57 pm

PIKKA wrote:
Welcome to the Forum.
You meant to say Dec 2010??? If so have you received your reference number or not? if not check with them what is the problem and if you have your reference number then hopefully in next 2-3 months you would have both your LTR and Citizenship.....
Hi Pikka,
thank you.My apologies . I meant to say DEC 2010.Glad to know that we stay in same county.

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Rang INIS today

Very rude Mary answered awating outside reports , Asked why the delay their no delay answered bye , asked her what applications are you dealing with now 2008 cases , so yours still to come but im 2008 case , sorry i cant help you more byeeeeeee :cry:

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:18 pm

Does Any one know ?

Im waiting for the garda report now 8 months could they maybe forgot to send it or it may got lost in the post , cause i rang the garda vetting unit and they told me that if the case was very complicated and alot of addresses it will still take maximum 4 months

I tried to see if she would check my case she said she cant :shock:

churchholigan

Post by churchholigan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:34 pm

PIKKA wrote:
realhope wrote:i think she meant the next available ceremony for dublin is after christmas though she did mention munster. and dublin is leinster if my geography is correct.
many thanks
Just spoke to one of the Marys of INIS they are still waiting for my report :shock:
I asked her about the next Ceremony and she said there is a ceremony on 9th Dec in Cork but there would be a certain amount of people but in January there would be a big Ceremony in Dublin
I live in Dublin area. Can I ask them to put in the Cork one or they will only arrange people for ceremony within distant of their residing area? Anyone has any idea? Thanks

monte

Post by monte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi PIKKA,

when was your garda report requested?

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:47 pm

HI Monte

How are you my friend any news from the INIS re your case ?
Hope we will be on the next list me , you and PIKKA and all others waiting

monte

Post by monte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi one day,

I haven't received anything but at the same time, I haven't contacted INIS since June or July I think ( better for my blood pressure), at that time they were waiting for the garda report which was requested Dec 2010.

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

monte wrote:Hi one day,

I haven't received anything but at the same time, I haven't contacted INIS since June or July I think ( better for my blood pressure), at that time they were waiting for the garda report which was requested Dec 2010.
Yea i think its a good idea today the lady that answered me was so rude , it took me the whole day to get over it .Did you see my last note about the Garda vetting unit to you think it might be lost or something

I have a friend who is a doc got his yesterday they only had requested his Garda report last June and he got his approval yesterday . I dont know how i can check , i asked the lady today to send a reminder but she said no need !!!!!!

monte

Post by monte » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:07 pm

One day,

you are right, anything is possible, it's only because my countrymen who applied at the same time like me (one is even earlier by 3 months), haven't heard anything from INIS yet, the only one who got his approval had LTR and he waited for about 3 yrs to get his approval.

One day

Post by One day » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:10 pm

monte wrote:One day,

you are right, anything is possible, it's only because my countrymen who applied at the same time like me (one is even earlier by 3 months), haven't heard anything from INIS yet, the only one who got his approval had LTR and he waited for about 3 yrs to get his approval.
I have a friend of who is with the Garda , I will try to ask and see if he could find out some ifno for us