ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

artfreak9

ILR Success!!!

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:41 am

Hi all,
Just a quick email to say I was granted ILR this week. I applied through a solicitor. Cost me a bomb but was worth it.

If some of you read my previous posts, I was missing a P-60 and had no proof or letters that i was employed in the first year as the company i was working through had shut down.
I managed to however go to one of my clients and get them to print out invoice transactions for that period to show that i was employed.

I had asked HMRC for a history letter but they came back saying that they could not trace tax in for that period. Which came as a shock to me. It seems that that company hadnt filed tax for me for some of the period!
Hearing this i was really worried. Hence i went down the Solicitor route.

Anyways I sent all my Documents (listed below) through my solicitor and went for fast track service. Now I have my ILR stamped on my passport!..

I would like to say a Big Thanks to all the Moderators and users for all the valuable information and help that you gave me during my application process. Much appreciated.

Here are the documents I submitted:

1) Application Form Set(O)
2) Passports (Old one with valid Tier 1/ New booklet)
3) Initial HSMP and Tier 1 approval letters
4) Previous employer letters for last 4 years
5) P-60 for last 4 years + print out of invoice transactions (signed by client) to prove freelance employment in first year.
6) Last 10 months banks statements (ordered originals from Bank - takes 3 working days to arrive)
7) Last 12 months Payslips from Umbrella company attested.
8) Ref Letter from Recuitment Agents stating i was currently working on a freelance contract.
9) Ref Letter from Umbrella company stating I was employed with them.

Im am really happy that I have recieved the ILR. Now I shall party for the next 12 months until its time for naturalisation next october! :)

Once again, Thanks for all your input and help. I would gladly be of any help if anyone has questions..

Regards,
Rohan

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:51 am

And Ofcourse I wish all those who are applying good luck with their applications too!!!
regards,
Rohan

kdsuk

Post by kdsuk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:53 am

Congratulations Rohan.
I am applying next week.

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:55 am

kdsuk wrote:Congratulations Rohan.
I am applying next week.
Wish you all the best for your application!!! Im sure it will be ok! :)

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Success!!!

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:11 am

HI Rohan
i am thinking of applying via solicitor too. did your solicitor get the result on the same day? i have spoken to my solicitor , he said it may take a day or two to get the result.

my application is based on HSMP JR case. i am misisng p60 for 1st two year, i have employment history from HMRC , do you think it will work?

also, if you can give me an idea how much it costed you?

regards

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:26 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:HI Rohan
i am thinking of applying via solicitor too. did your solicitor get the result on the same day? i have spoken to my solicitor , he said it may take a day or two to get the result.

my application is based on HSMP JR case. i am misisng p60 for 1st two year, i have employment history from HMRC , do you think it will work?

regards
Hey Son of Soil,
Yea If you have employment history letter from HMRC to cover the two years that you have no P-60s for then that should be fine.
In my case I could not provide the HMRC letter cos it showed no tax! So did not want to risk it. ;) (Thanks to the stupid umbrella company that did not file my tax)!!! idiots!

I showed invoice transactions for that period and also corresponding credits to my account that matched those payments in bank statements

Hmm i think it differs from solicitor to solicitor.. Most of them tend to work on a no win no fee basis.
Mine was no win no fee and their fees was 1150 + vat. + i think courier fees if you decide with your solicitor to send it fast track..
This is in addition to the 1350£ Home office fees for same day service.

My application was sent on Wed 19th oct this week and the passports were back with my solicitor on Thursday 20th morning! :) so next day.

Wish you a good luck!
regards,
Rohan...

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing

Post by Son_of_Soil » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:54 pm

Hi Rohan
thanks for reply
my solicitor said he gets slot on every thrusday and he take the application but he said not always he get the passport back on same day, sometime its friday he gets it or it can goto monday in some cases. I was thinking he probably avoinding to goto UKBA to colect the passport on same day .

regarding the fee he is not charging me much compared to what you paid..

Still deciding what to do ..

artfreak9 wrote:
i

am thinking of applying via solicitor too. did your solicitor get the result on the same day? i have spoken to my solicitor , he said it may take a day or two to get the result.

regards
Hey Son of Soil,
Yea If you have employment history letter from HMRC to cover the two years that you have no P-60s for then that should be fine.
In my case I could not provide the HMRC letter cos it showed no tax! So did not want to risk it. ;) (Thanks to the stupid umbrella company that did not file my tax)!!! idiots!

I showed invoice transactions for that period and also corresponding credits to my account that matched those payments in bank statements

Hmm i think it differs from solicitor to solicitor.. Most of them tend to work on a no win no fee basis.
Mine was no win no fee and their fees was 1150 + vat. + i think courier fees if you decide with your solicitor to send it fast track..

My application was sent on Wed 19th oct this week and the passports were back with my solicitor on Thursday 20th morning! :) so next day.

Wish you a good luck!
regards,
Rohan...

nehalbhagat

p60/HMRC statements

Post by nehalbhagat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Rohan,
congratulations for your success.
reading from your reply,I gather that if we have missing p60s, UKBA considers HMRC employment history letter as evidence.

They can not refuse your ILR if you failed to submit any missing p60.

My company issued me ecopy of P35 instead of p60. it is signed and stamped so I guess that is OK to back up my application. I am submitting HMRC letter as well to show my last 5 years income and tax paid.

will it be OK to support my ILR application ?

Please reply.
Thanks

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:14 am

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi Rohan
thanks for reply
my solicitor said he gets slot on every thrusday and he take the application but he said not always he get the passport back on same day, sometime its friday he gets it or it can goto monday in some cases. I was thinking he probably avoinding to goto UKBA to colect the passport on same day .

regarding the fee he is not charging me much compared to what you paid..

Still deciding what to do ..

artfreak9 wrote:
i

am thinking of applying via solicitor too. did your solicitor get the result on the same day? i have spoken to my solicitor , he said it may take a day or two to get the result.

regards
Hey Son of Soil,

Wish you a good luck!
regards,
Rohan...
Hi son of Soil,
Yea it usually the next day I think. So if he sends it to the home office on Thursday then he should have it back on Friday. But it depends how he sends it. I think in my case the Solicitor sent the application through a courier service.
Hence it saved him the headache of going all the way himself. I don't know if your solicitor is planning to go himself.
To be honest if you are confident of your paperwork, going through a solicitor is also not necessary.But that is totally your choice. :)
Wish you good luck! Im sure you will be fine! :)

artfreak9

Re: p60/HMRC statements

Post by artfreak9 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:23 am

nehalbhagat wrote:Hi Rohan,
congratulations for your success.
reading from your reply,I gather that if we have missing p60s, UKBA considers HMRC employment history letter as evidence.

They can not refuse your ILR if you failed to submit any missing p60.

My company issued me ecopy of P35 instead of p60. it is signed and stamped so I guess that is OK to back up my application. I am submitting HMRC letter as well to show my last 5 years income and tax paid.

will it be OK to support my ILR application ?

Please reply.
Thanks
Hi Nehal,
Thanks for your wishes! If you have read the guidance notes, There actually isn't a specific requirement to show all 5 years P-60 with the application. The reason some of the posts have a lot about P-60s is because its easier to just show P-60s instead of carrying 5 years worth of bank statements and payslips... :) and its not something the caseworker wants to look through or necessarily have time to go through! :)
That is why they ask for the P-60s as it shows that you have been employed and tax has been paid, thereby proving that applicant has been 'economically active' in the last 5 years.

In your case, you have your employment history letter from HMRC covering the 5 years, so you should be ok!. Just take last 12 months bank statements and payslips.
Apart from that if you have any e-copies, id suggest include them too in your applicaition - BUT make sure that any e-copies (that have been printed out) are signed and stamped by your employers just in case!

Hope that helps!:) Good Luck with your application!

regards,
Rohan..

nehalbhagat

Thanks..

Post by nehalbhagat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:22 am

Hi.Thanks for your reply. much appreciated.
I am submitting following docs to support my application.
SET(o)+old and new password,2 pics of me and spouse

1. 12 Months Bank Statments (Salary account+ISA)
2. 12 Months Payslips signed/stamped from Both employers (I work PT as well)
3. Employee letter from Both employer.
4. Last year p60s from both employer + HMRC emp. history letter to show last 5 year EA.
5. Marriage certi, cohab docs i.e council tax,elec,water bills ,election card
6. HSMP approval letter + Tier1 extentsion letter

Pls let me know if I am missing anything

I hope you will reply

Thanks

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:43 am

Rohan Hi,

could you tell me if you entered the UK as soon as you got the EC or were there any delays?
and are you on HSMP-TIER1-ILR?

Thanks,

artfreak9

Re: Thanks..

Post by artfreak9 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:28 pm

nehalbhagat wrote:Hi.Thanks for your reply. much appreciated.
I am submitting following docs to support my application.
SET(o)+old and new password,2 pics of me and spouse

1. 12 Months Bank Statments (Salary account+ISA)
2. 12 Months Payslips signed/stamped from Both employers (I work PT as well)
3. Employee letter from Both employer.
4. Last year p60s from both employer + HMRC emp. history letter to show last 5 year EA.
5. Marriage certi, cohab docs i.e council tax,elec,water bills ,election card
6. HSMP approval letter + Tier1 extentsion letter

Pls let me know if I am missing anything

I hope you will reply

Thanks
Hi nehal,
it looks like you have got everything covered so you should be good to go.. just carry copies of all as they ask for copies after looking at the originals (these are the lazy caseworkers - the good ones will take the orginals and make copies themselves).
if you are covered by JR then carry the JR docuement copy. dont include it in your application. just keep it on you if needed.

All the best!
Ro

artfreak9

Post by artfreak9 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:31 pm

vik_mad wrote:Rohan Hi,

could you tell me if you entered the UK as soon as you got the EC or were there any delays?
and are you on HSMP-TIER1-ILR?

Thanks,
Hi there,
I was n student visa when i applied for HSMP. Then they said i needed to get EC so I was in mumbai for a week just to get the EC and once I got the EC, I entered UK within that week.

Yes I was on HSMP - Tier 1 - ILR (Covered by JR)

Hope that helps,
R