ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non payment of tax and refusal of PR and Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Non payment of tax and refusal of PR and Extension

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:19 pm

This is not for scaring to readers but

HO is now days check all tax payment history , I know one sure case was refused His ILR and immediately Extension on ground of non payment of tax

he was on t2 for 2 years (3 yrs ON T1) company not paid PAYE , HIS GROUND WAS it was not his fault , refused ILR , than he tried to extend T1 refused

got notice now in Home country very recent case

so those who have not paid their taxes either on extension or initial visa

regularise / pay proper tax and get letter from taxman , before going to ILR
CDOKS

naveen_hc
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_hc » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 am

Hi,
I got my t1 visa on Oct 2009. A consultancy company did this for me, they paid direct to my bank and so on. They provided me the payslips but I'm not sure whether they paid my tax.
I'm going for extensions on Oct 2012 will this cause any problems?

T90

Post by T90 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 pm

if you are employed by umbrella company then this doesnt apply for you

sahi
BANNED

Post by sahi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am

Hi,
One of my friend applied tier1 visa on selfemployed basis and he got it after a lot of trouble like invoices queries, HO sent queries to client to verify the invoices. After getting the visa he did not pay tax on his net profit. Now if he is going to extend his visa soon, will that affect his application?
By the way, HO kept his account and did not return.

Any suggestion please. wheter he should go for selfemployed again or show as employee or can he change that tax return, if he can then what is the procedure to tell hmrc.

sahi
BANNED

Post by sahi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Everyone is looking but no reply? is it something new for you guys or what?
any suggestion will help my friend or many more because i know most of the people are not paying tax becasue its hard to show earning in these days.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:57 pm

sahi wrote:Everyone is looking but no reply? is it something new for you guys or what?
any suggestion will help my friend or many more because i know most of the people are not paying tax becasue its hard to show earning in these days.
Correct yourself. All genuine "highly skilled" people are paying taxes and most of them have no problem with earning points. These people rarely face delay in visa application. Only those who uses fradulent means may have problem with taxes and showing earning.

sahi
BANNED

Post by sahi » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="manojk005"][quote="sahi"]Everyone is looking but no reply? is it something new for you guys or what?
any suggestion will help my friend or many more because i know most of the people are not paying tax becasue its hard to show earning in these days.[/quote]

Correct yourself. All genuine "highly skilled" people are paying taxes and most of them have no problem with earning points. These people rarely face delay in visa application. Only those who uses fradulent means may have problem with taxes and showing earning.[/quote]

Oh realy, that is why out of ten people nine are showing thier earning either from oversease or saying i'm director of my own company, taking salary and dividends or working for umbrella company does it make any sense, if everyone is so skilled or qualified then why everyone is director of their own company, they should be employed by well reputed companies in uk.
If one can earn from his home country then what he is doing here.
so i think you need to correct yourself. :roll:

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Sahi,

If you actually took the time to read Manojk005's post thoroughly, you would see the use of the word "most". He didn't say all people were insincere.

Getting into a slanging contest on this forum would not answer your initial query.

I would suggest you focus on your initial query and exercise patience. Eventually, someone would proffer a suggestion for you. I see no point in you getting involved in issues that take away from your initial query.

Kind Regards

naveen_hc
Newly Registered

Post by naveen_hc » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:50 pm

What if they find out the the company has not paid any tax? Is there any chances where I can fight on the ground that it was not my fault.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:43 pm

sahi wrote:
manojk005 wrote:
sahi wrote:Everyone is looking but no reply? is it something new for you guys or what?
Correct yourself. All genuine "highly skilled" people are paying taxes and most of them have no problem with earning points. These people rarely face delay in visa application. Only those who uses fradulent means may have problem with taxes and showing earning.

Oh realy, that is why out of ten people nine are showing thier earning either from oversease or saying i'm director of my own company, taking salary and dividends or working for umbrella company does it make any sense, if everyone is so skilled or qualified then why everyone is director of their own company, they should be employed by well reputed companies in uk.
No need to comment on content of your post. You made clear about yourself. Here there are many like me who work for reputed organisations doing really highly skilled work. I know many such people. I am sure that only minority have problem in proving earning. Reasons may be the way in which they applied for initial visa.

BTW from where you got statistics that 9 out of 10 are showing overseas earning or saying director? I do not see anything wrong if some one is director or have overseas earning. He/she may be as genuine as a salaried employee.

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:46 pm

naveen_hc wrote:What if they find out the the company has not paid any tax? Is there any chances where I can fight on the ground that it was not my fault.
I guess this is company responsibility to pay your taxes and NI contributions to HMRC as they are one who deduct at source. It will be really unfair to punish employee.

sahi
BANNED

Post by sahi » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:10 am

No comments either. By answering you are genuine?

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:15 pm

sahi wrote:No comments either. By answering you are genuine?
It does not answer questions raised in this topic or help either. So better spend your effort for that and let others do so.

I do not need to clarify anything. It is human nature to think that everyone else is same as him/her.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:28 pm

Sahi I am struggling to understand why your friend is not paying his taxes when the law clearly requires them to do so. I am also trying to understand how they can show themselves as "employed" if they haven't paid any PAYE.

naveen_hc
Newly Registered

Re: Non payment of tax and refusal of PR and Extension

Post by naveen_hc » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:03 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:This is not for scaring to readers but

HO is now days check all tax payment history , I know one sure case was refused His ILR and immediately Extension on ground of non payment of tax

he was on t2 for 2 years (3 yrs ON T1) company not paid PAYE , HIS GROUND WAS it was not his fault , refused ILR , than he tried to extend T1 refused

got notice now in Home country very recent case

so those who have not paid their taxes either on extension or initial visa

regularise / pay proper tax and get letter from taxman , before going to ILR
Any particular reason Why he/she did not fight against this. Tier2 tax should be paid by the company not by him/her. Therefore he/she could have fought against them on the ground that was not their fault.

glasgow15
Newly Registered

Post by glasgow15 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:03 pm

manojk005 wrote:
sahi wrote:
manojk005 wrote:

No need to comment on content of your post. You made clear about yourself. Here there are many like me who work for reputed organisations doing really highly skilled work. I know many such people. I am sure that only minority have problem in proving earning. Reasons may be the way in which they applied for initial visa.

BTW from where you got statistics that 9 out of 10 are showing overseas earning or saying director? I do not see anything wrong if some one is director or have overseas earning. He/she may be as genuine as a salaried employee.

ok let me get the statistics correct...it is showing on ukba website that 29% of people who granted HSMP visa are doing highly skilled jobs so 71% approx. 2/3 are either on low skilled jobs or unclear what they are upto...needless to say for those who are in highly skilled jobs and made such proud comments, CHOOSE YOUR WORDS CAREFULLY....this discussion reminded me of a joke..."a very rich person ask MONEY 'people say MONEY is blind, are you really..?' the money replies of course i am if i wasn't blind i woudn't be a slave of person like you...

so be careful when saying things...if u think the people who working on low skilled jobs are inefficient, incapable or under qualified in any way then you are absolutely wrong...you just consider yourself JUST LUCKY TO FIND A GOOD JOB ON RIGHT TIME.

see statistics below yourself

thanks

NO OFFENCE

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... bs-tier-1/

MB243

Post by MB243 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:22 am

sahi wrote:Hi,
One of my friend applied tier1 visa on selfemployed basis and he got it after a lot of trouble like invoices queries, HO sent queries to client to verify the invoices. After getting the visa he did not pay tax on his net profit. Now if he is going to extend his visa soon, will that affect his application?
By the way, HO kept his account and did not return.

Any suggestion please. wheter he should go for selfemployed again or show as employee or can he change that tax return, if he can then what is the procedure to tell hmrc.
This thread is a bit old but might help anyway, if someone has been self employed then UKBA will surely check with HMRC if taxes have been paid or not, even if the applicant does not wish to show any income from self-employment in their extension application.

It is illegal to evade taxes and if caught sooner or later, you will surely be prosecuted. Stay on the right side of the law & everything should be fine :)

scottferguson
Newly Registered

Post by scottferguson » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Being a immigrant myself I am quiet sad about the attitude of people here in UK about the immigrants, but I can see why. I am paying a good amount of tax and cannot claim any benefits(apart from NHS-which havent used by me yet) for at least 5 years, but every time a negative news come out in the media(eg. todays news about migrants claiming benefits) the migrant group as a whole gets a bad name. Why cant these people pay their taxes and be at the right side of the law? No matter which job you do, pay the taxes and be responsible.

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 am

scottferguson wrote:Being a immigrant myself I am quiet sad about the attitude of people here in UK about the immigrants, but I can see why. I am paying a good amount of tax and cannot claim any benefits(apart from NHS-which havent used by me yet) for at least 5 years, but every time a negative news come out in the media(eg. todays news about migrants claiming benefits) the migrant group as a whole gets a bad name. Why cant these people pay their taxes and be at the right side of the law? No matter which job you do, pay the taxes and be responsible.
I agree with you scottferguson.

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:37 pm

sahi wrote:Oh realy, that is why out of ten people nine are showing thier earning either from oversease or saying i'm director of my own company, taking salary and dividends or working for umbrella company does it make any sense, if everyone is so skilled or qualified then why everyone is director of their own
company, they should be employed by well reputed companies in uk.

Do you realise it is an individual's choice whether they want to work as "employee of a reputed company" or choose their own path and be self employed?

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:54 pm

nnj10 wrote:
sahi wrote:Oh realy, that is why out of ten people nine are showing thier earning either from oversease or saying i'm director of my own company, taking salary and dividends or working for umbrella company does it make any sense, if everyone is so skilled or qualified then why everyone is director of their own
company, they should be employed by well reputed companies in uk.

At-least some of us have been permanent employees of these reputed companies before becoming self-employees/limited company directors and working again for these reputed companies.

These self-employees/Ltd company directors earn good money and also pay back to the government thousands of pounds every year as VAT, Corporation TAX, Personal Income TAX and so on.

So please don't paint everyone with the same brush.

And least to say - every tom, dick and Harry can't be successful self-employees/Ltd company directors :)