ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Documents after Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gd_chandrasekar

Passport Documents after Naturalisation

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:55 am

Hi

Could you pls let me know what documents should I send for by British Passport. Should I send my current Indian Passports? I have planned a trip end of Dec, so not sure if I can get it back in time.

Thanks
C

Nazia88

Re: Passport Documents after Naturalisation

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:38 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:Hi

Could you pls let me know what documents should I send for by British Passport. Should I send my current Indian Passports? I have planned a trip end of Dec, so not sure if I can get it back in time.

Thanks
C
you have to send your all uncancelled and current passport and plus the one u entered into the uk.
NAZIA XX

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:43 pm

thanks Nazia88

what other documents should I send in addition to the below. I was born in India before 1980.

Naturalization Certificate.
My driving license.
Nazia88 wrote:

Thanks
C
you have to send your all uncancelled and current passport and plus the one u entered into the uk.

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:19 pm

gd_chandrasekar wrote:thanks Nazia88

what other documents should I send in addition to the below. I was born in India before 1980.

My driving license.
Nazia88 wrote:

Thanks
C
no need to send driving license. you only need to send:-

Application form
2 photographs (one certified)
Passport (s)
Correct fee
Naturalization Certificate

goodluck.
NAZIA XX

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:37 pm

I am planning to apply for British Passport tomorrow, do you know when can I get my originals back?

I need the originals before 21st November, do you think I can get it in time?

I believe they will give back the Naturalization certificate?

Thanks
C
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:42 pm

Check the Passport timelines thread. It takes 2-3 weeks to get the documents back (including the naturalisation certificate).

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 pm

thanks mate..
Jambo wrote:Check the Passport timelines thread. It takes 2-3 weeks to get the documents back (including the naturalisation certificate).

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:34 pm

Hi

I got my Naturalization certificate today.

I went to the Post office Check n Send service, they said I need to fill my application again because i have written outside the boxes. My parents birthplace is long, so i have written just one word outside the boxed, because its not sufficient.. Now i need to fill it again (which would be 3rd time) and again get it signed from my refree..

could you pls advice is the above really a problem or can I send it directly to IPS?

And also my parents don't know their marriage date, can I leave it blank?

Pls advice?

Thanks

C

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 pm

There are 30 boxes, try and squeeze everything in there( use 2 letters in one box if necessary). Anything outside the boxes is not a good idea as the forms are scanned.
Put in ' unknown' in the date of marriage, its not important.

Yes, send it via secure delivery, if everything looks ok. I have posted earlier that Check and Send actually takes more time!

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:29 pm

thanks mate.

I have filled the application, hope 3rd time lucky..
gidoc wrote:There are 30 boxes, try and squeeze everything in there( use 2 letters in one box if necessary). Anything outside the boxes is not a good idea as the forms are scanned.
Put in ' unknown' in the date of marriage, its not important.

Yes, send it via secure delivery, if everything looks ok. I have posted earlier that Check and Send actually takes more time!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:49 pm

I got my Naturalization certificate today.

I went to the Post office Check n Send service, they said I need to fill my application again because i have written outside the boxes. My parents birthplace is long, so i have written just one word outside the boxed, because its not sufficient.. Now i need to fill it again (which would be 3rd time) and again get it signed from my refree..

could you pls advice is the above really a problem or can I send it directly to IPS?

And also my parents don't know their marriage date, can I leave it blank?

Pls advice?

Thanks

C
The application gets scanned that is why you are not allowed to write outside the box.

If you don't the date, just leave blank or write unknown.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:34 am

Hi

I have my wife ILR - Set (M) on 25th Nov, i am planning to send my British Passport application today. Hope I will get my original documents back by that time. In case if I don't get the documents, will it be okay if I submit photocopies of My Indian Passport and British Naturalization Certificate?

Thanks
Chandra

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 am

No, if SET(M) form requires that evidence of spouse's Settled status or British citizenship are to be submitted.

gd_chandrasekar

Post by gd_chandrasekar » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:54 am

Thanks sushdmehta

if I can get the original doc's notarized? Do I need to submit my Indian Passport? or just Naturalization certificate is sufficient?

Which form should I use, is it still SET (M) or different?
sushdmehta wrote:No.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am

Only original documents are accepted. Also see Note 6 in the SET(M) form.