ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First Child Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KC8010

First Child Passport application

Post by KC8010 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:10 pm

This is just an FYI for everyone that has obtained BC for their children and apply for their first British Passport.

I was mega confused as to whom needs to sign the counter part for the application form - the IPS states on their booklet the countersignator needs to know YOU (the parent) for two years and the child too for at least 2 years and of course sign the photo of the applicant as a true likeness! When I called IPS they stated that the countersignator needs to know the CHILD ONLY!!

Please be aware the countersignator needs to know the applicant (THE PARENT IF YOU ARE APPLYING ON YOUR CHILDS BEHALF, UNDER 16 YEARS)

Also be careful - my sons passport application took nearly 5 weeks! As you might be aware they will from time to time contact the countersignator for extra proof as another security check - they did this with my countersignator and they only do it by writing! This prolongs the process understandably.

I thought I would just post the aformentioned incase anyone else on this forum ever asked the question!