ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubts on Points table - Age Section - TIER extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muthamesthri

Doubts on Points table - Age Section - TIER extension

Post by muthamesthri » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:00 am

Hello Gurus,

I am applying for TIER 1 extension which is due in June, 2012. (I have applied for TIER 1 in June 2010).

Now while calculating the points, do I need to put my age at the time of June 2011 (age - 28) or June 2012 (age - 30)??

UKBA says 'Enter your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer '

Does that mean I need to put 28 or 30???

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Mesthri.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Re: Doubts on Points table - Age Section - TIER extension

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:31 am

muthamesthri wrote:Hello Gurus,

I am applying for TIER 1 extension which is due in June, 2012. (I have applied for TIER 1 in June 2010).

Now while calculating the points, do I need to put my age at the time of June 2011 (age - 28 ) or June 2012 (age - 30)??

UKBA says 'Enter your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer '

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Mesthri.

muthamesthri

Re: Doubts on Points table - Age Section - TIER extension

Post by muthamesthri » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 am

mulderpf wrote:
muthamesthri wrote:Hello Gurus,

Now while calculating the points, do I need to put my age at the time of June 2011 (age - 28 ) or June 2012 (age - 30)??

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Mesthri.
Hi ,

I did not find the answer. Is it 28 or 30 ???. I am not able to understand it. so pls mention the age instead of highlughting what UKBA says. Thanks.

regards,
MM

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:55 pm

As per my previous post in one of your threads, the Policy Guidance fully explains your situation if read properly. Clearly, your first grant was when you were 28, there is no other way this can be explained. Below is an extract of the relevant section from the UKBA Policy Guidance:

53. If the applicant was fi rst granted leave
in the categories of Highly Skilled Migrant,
Writer, Composter or Artist, Self -employed
lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant and has
not been granted leave in any category other
than those listed here since the fi rst grant of
leave, points will be awarded based on the
applicant’s age at the date of the application
for that fi rst grant of leave. If the applicant
has been granted leave since his fi rst grant
of leave in a category not listed in this
paragraph, points will be awarded based on
his age at the date of application for a grant
of leave in a category listed in this paragraph
where leave has not been granted in any
category not listed in this paragraph between
that grant of leave and the current application.
To claim these points, applicants must fall
within the age bands specified.

muthamesthri

Post by muthamesthri » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:42 pm

ScopeD wrote:As per my previous post in one of your threads, the Policy Guidance fully explains your situation if read properly. Clearly, your first grant was when you were 28, there is no other way this can be explained. Below is an extract of the relevant section from the UKBA Policy Guidance:

53. If the applicant was fi rst granted leave
for that fi rst grant of leave. If the applicant
has been granted leave since his fi rst grant
of leave in a category not listed in this
paragraph, points will be awarded based on
his age at the date of application for a grant
of leave in a category listed in this paragraph
where leave has not been granted in any
category not listed in this paragraph between
that grant of leave and the current application.
To claim these points, applicants must fall
within the age bands specified.
Thanks for yuor time and response.
The answer is 28 right?. I am confused mate after reading the things in UKBA site. So please dont quote the same thing in here. I just want to know weather i need to put 28 or 30. If you quote the same thing, I get confused again and again.

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Yes. Yes. Yes. 28.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:38 pm

:roll:

santosh_kalluri
Mood:
India

Post by santosh_kalluri » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:35 pm

In the same lines, I got my 1st HSMP in Oct-2006 (DOB:13/12/1980, Age 25yrs) (valid from Jan-07 to Jan-09), then I renewed in Oct-2008 (this time I got Tier 1 General, from Jan-2010-Jan-2012) Age 28yrs, now am applying for renewal again (as I had a break for >4months) now, should I use my age as 25 or 28yrs pls? The points calculator says...

"Enter your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer."

Thanks.

alphaone
Newly Registered

Post by alphaone » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 am

Your age will remain same throughout the time you spend on HSMP or Tier 1 (General) . Means, if you got HSMP at the age of 25 then your age will be considered the same (25) at the time of your first extension and at the time of second extension or ILR

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:27 pm

What do people not understand about "age at date of your application for first permission to enter or stay"? It does not say "how old are you today", "how old were you last year", "how old do you want to be", "how old do you look" - it's a very straight-forward question. I really just don't get what is so confusing about this...especially since these are asked by people with degrees and have proved their English ability.

*rant over*
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

alladin

Post by alladin » Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:01 pm

mulderpf wrote:What do people not understand about "age at date of your application for first permission to enter or stay"? It does not say "how old are you today", "how old were you last year", "how old do you want to be", "how old do you look" - it's a very straight-forward question. I really just don't get what is so confusing about this...especially since these are asked by people with degrees and have proved their English ability.

*rant over*
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
"If the applicant was fi rst granted leave
for that fi rst grant of leave."

I think the confusion in the above statement is it mentions both HSMP and Tier1. In my case I got the first leave (entry clearance) for 2 years as HSMP and then it was extended as Tier 1.

The part of the statement "has not been granted leave in any category other than those listed here since the fi rst grant of leave" causes a bit confusion to me.
Since I was granted the 2nd leave (HSMP->Tier 1 Extension) in one of the categories listed, does it supercedes the initial age points I had for HSMP.

cheers,
alladin

ScopeD
Member of Standing

Post by ScopeD » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Since I was granted the 2nd leave (HSMP->Tier 1 Extension) in one of the categories listed, does it supercedes the initial age points I had for HSMP.
But you have not been granted any other leave outside the listed categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composter or Artist, Self -employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant... Your first leave was under HSMP, then Tier 1 (General). The statement says (when interpreted)...you should not have changed your status to any other status that sits outside the Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composter or Artist, Self -employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant categories.[/quote]

smartkhan
Member of Standing

Post by smartkhan » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi,
When I applied for HSMP letter I was under 28 and got full 20 age points. But when I applied for visa (leave to enter) under transitional arrangements I was over 28. According to this discussion I'll get 20 points in extension but I called UKBA call center and they said you will get the points when you applied for visa i.e. 10 points. I know a guy you had the same situation and he got 10 points.
ScopeD wrote:
But you have not been granted any other leave outside the listed categories of Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composter or Artist, Self -employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant... Your first leave was under HSMP, then Tier 1 (General). The statement says (when interpreted)...you should not have changed your status to any other status that sits outside the Highly Skilled Migrant, Writer, Composter or Artist, Self -employed lawyer or Tier 1 (General) Migrant categories.
[/quote]