ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull - HSMP+Tier1 JR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hsmp2006

ILR Success @ Solihull - HSMP+Tier1 JR

Post by hsmp2006 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 pm

We got our ILR approved today at Solihull (HSMP 2yr + Tier1 3 yr + pre Nov 2006 JR, with 1 dependent spending less than 2 years in UK). My case was unique and complicated. Glad that it ended up on a positive note. I had a total of 224 absences and all of them were paid leaves. In addition, I had traveled between UK and Ireland on work, but didn't have employer letter confirming the dates.

Here is how I started:

I came to Belfast in Dec 2006 and spent next 12 months working in UK and Ireland. My employer was based in Ireland and I was paid in Euros. However, I was physically based in Belfast most of the time and traveled between Ireland and UK by train (no immigration checks).

To prove that I was economically active during this period, I filed taxes on foreign income through self assessment forms. I also got a letter from them confirming the tax paid.

In 2007, I moved to London and was working with one employer throughout last 4 years.

At solihull, after initial security checks, the lady at the counter asked for my application form and passports. After couple of minutes of checks on my passport, she asked for P60s (for all 5 years). Then she straight away looked at my absences page and was about to start counting all absences. I handed over the excel printout (thanks to the forum) with complete absence history that she found useful. However, unlike we discussed on the forum, she said she will count both entry and exit dates as well. In total I had 224 absences. So, she said she will have to get approval from here supervisor. I almost gave up at this stage. However, she came back after 5 minutes and said that is not a problem and I can get my ILR stamped in couple of hours.

Most of the leaves I took were in 2007 for the purpose of my marriage and my sister's. Probably the case worker would have considered these 'compassionate' circumstances.

Anyways, those with more than 180 days spent outside UK, can get some encouragement from my case.

Good luck to all going for ILR. Last but not least, thanks a ton to this wonderful forum and its very helpful members. You Rock!!!

Amjad.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm

congrats, looks like senior case worker is back at Solihull, mine is on 17th, not straight foward, hopefully, i will be lucky enough to have senior case work in. Thanks for you feedback, it is really encouraging.

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Angela Jiang wrote:congrats, looks like senior case worker is back at Solihull, mine is on 17th, not straight foward, hopefully, i will be lucky enough to have senior case work in. Thanks for you feedback, it is really encouraging.
Yes, I am very happy with the service of the staff at Solihull. They could have rejected my ILR in theory, but were really considerate of my circumstances. Good luck to you. Hope everything goes well.