ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british passport-checking of countersignatory

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pantope
Newly Registered

british passport-checking of countersignatory

Post by pantope » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Hello,
could somebody please help me with this question-
I have sent my first passport application by post on 14th of october and the IPS contacted my countersignatory to do some further checks at his workplace.I couldn't find any similar experience on this forum-they told me that after they receive a letter back from my witness-they will call me for an interview.I called this friend of mine and he sent the letter after that-was too bussy I guess at work... also-forgot to say in the previous post-he is an architect-a former coleague of mine.I am wondering if in that case that would take longer then 6 weeks all together.I also sent with that application my passport from my previous nationality so at the moment I dont have any document with me and really need to book tickets and travel soon.Is this a standard procedure at all?
Any advice?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 pm

The IPS does contact countersignatory on select number of applications. This is done as a security check. Nothing to worry about. Should not delay the application much once they receive the letter back from your countersignatory.

See similar examples here and here.

pantope
Newly Registered

Post by pantope » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:12 pm

thanks, i ll see how it goes...

Nazia88

Post by Nazia88 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:21 pm

pantope wrote:thanks, i ll see how it goes...
its normal nothing to worry about just inform the person who signed ur form ok and goodluck
NAZIA XX

ILR_Applicant_UK

Post by ILR_Applicant_UK » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Also, 6 weeks is usually a worst case estimate (of course its load dependent), but most of my friends received their p/ports in under 3 weeks.