ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

awaiting passport since a month after resubmission!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

awaiting passport since a month after resubmission!!

Post by ali_saghar » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:54 am

Dear All,

I have re-submitted my passport last month on 12th Oct after the decision was withdrawn by ECO (though the withdrawl was not mentioned explicitly in 'Call in Letter', but i confirmed from certain other fellows on this forum and they confirmed that call letter is supposidly recieved only when the original decision is over-turned). It will be a full month by tomorrow since the passport was sent out to HO and still no updates, hence, having me all worried whether they might have changed their mind again. The last update i had from Gerry was dated Oct 26th stating that app is under process at BHC.

Now,my question is, is this time frame still considered to be normal for applications followed by withdrawls.

Also, is there any slight possibility that HO MAY change their mind even after withdrawing the original decision.

And the last thing, about my tb certificate which will expire on 12th Nov (tomorrow), am planning to get a fresh one made just to avoid any complications that may arise on airport, can i book an appointmet with IOM before i get my passport back, if yes, will IOM allow me through the TB test process if i dont get my passport back even on the day of appointment.

TBH, this UKBA consuming alot of time to return my passport thingie is freaking me out, i have been reading through few other threads where there was such a case that passport was sent out on 17th Oct and was recieved back on 31st Oct with visa stamped, not sure why they're taking ages to return mine, even though am aware of the fact that processing time lag somewhere between 2 - 8 weeks but didnt come across any single case with processing time of over a month..

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Ali

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:18 pm

The TB certificate must be valid at time of visa is stamped in your passport.

It does not need to be valid when travelling to the UK.

The return of passport use to take up to 4 months, but recently things have started to move faster, but a month is still to early for you to get reply.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:21 pm

@ Ali Asghar: I can understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I got CALL IN LETTER by E-mail and a call from Embassy on same day 24th October advising me to submit my passport, Valid TB certificate, Intended travelling date, copy of call in letter from E-mail and copies of my sponsor immigration status. So i arranged everything within 3 days as my TB test was already expired so i managed to make appointment for TB test and TB Certificate was issued to me on 26th October. However, i re-submit my passport on 27th October and still waiting for the outcome. I mentioned my travelling date for 15th Nov. So technically they should return me back before 15th Nov. Isn't it? I guess it should returned back to me in coming week. Please tell me know any update from you. Thanks.

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:37 am

batleykhan wrote:The TB certificate must be valid at time of visa is stamped in your passport.

It does not need to be valid when travelling to the UK.

The return of passport use to take up to 4 months, but recently things have started to move faster, but a month is still to early for you to get reply.
Thanks for the reply BatelyKhan, information provided is very helpful and enouraging, hope passport will be returned next week. However, about tb certficate, what i understood from call in letter, it is clearly stated that entry clearance can be denied on airport if the valid tb certifcate is not provided, though am aware of the fact that airports as big n busy as LHR do have X-ray facility, not sure if they would actually allow you to use the facility.

Members who have recently flown to London on settlement visa with similar conditions, please take a moment to share your experience,it would help loads other on this forum in the same boat.

thanks guys.
Ali xxx.

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:51 am

everyday_4_u wrote:@ Ali Asghar: I can understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I got CALL IN LETTER by E-mail and a call from Embassy on same day 24th October advising me to submit my passport, Valid TB certificate, Intended travelling date, copy of call in letter from E-mail and copies of my sponsor immigration status. So i arranged everything within 3 days as my TB test was already expired so i managed to make appointment for TB test and TB Certificate was issued to me on 26th October. However, i re-submit my passport on 27th October and still waiting for the outcome. I mentioned my travelling date for 15th Nov. So technically they should return me back before 15th Nov. Isn't it? I guess it should returned back to me in coming week. Please tell me know any update from you. Thanks.
Everyday, appreciate your effort to repy query, frustration is rising by every day passing, i did mention my intended date of travel as 31st Oct and was expecting passport to be returned a day or two before 31st Oct, however,like bately mentioned in his last reply,there were cases in the past which roghly consumed almost 4 months to get a reply, its just that things got a kick in last few months and has started moving a bit quicker, hence raising our expectations to recieve passport within first 2 - 3 weeks since the date it is sent out.

However, nobody commented on my second questions about the slightest possibility for them to change their mind after withdrawing the original decision, not sure if this has ever happened in the past..

Hope u would hear good news soon insha Allah, pray for me brov, i'll keep u posted with my case status if/when update becomes available on it.

Regards
Ali xxx.

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 am

Ali Asghar, Thanks for reply, As for as ur 2nd question is concerned, i do not think they can change their mind again after issuance of call in letter. They do not have that much time to look into the individual cases over and over again. Issuance of Call in letter itself proves that they are satisfied with everything and intended to stick visa on your passport that's why they ask for it and relevant documents. Our documents are dealt by Visa processing team currently not by decision maker team i guess. So do not worry much. They expected to take 8 weeks as it is mention in the call in letter as well. Why do not you send E-mail to them and ask for update. I have seen people sending E-mails and getting reply back as well in such cases.
I wish you very good luck and pray we get our passports soon within this week.

ali_saghar wrote:
everyday_4_u wrote:@ Ali Asghar: I can understand your frustration. I am in the same boat. I got CALL IN LETTER by E-mail and a call from Embassy on same day 24th October advising me to submit my passport, Valid TB certificate, Intended travelling date, copy of call in letter from E-mail and copies of my sponsor immigration status. So i arranged everything within 3 days as my TB test was already expired so i managed to make appointment for TB test and TB Certificate was issued to me on 26th October. However, i re-submit my passport on 27th October and still waiting for the outcome. I mentioned my travelling date for 15th Nov. So technically they should return me back before 15th Nov. Isn't it? I guess it should returned back to me in coming week. Please tell me know any update from you. Thanks.
Everyday, appreciate your effort to repy query, frustration is rising by every day passing, i did mention my intended date of travel as 31st Oct and was expecting passport to be returned a day or two before 31st Oct, however,like bately mentioned in his last reply,there were cases in the past which roghly consumed almost 4 months to get a reply, its just that things got a kick in last few months and has started moving a bit quicker, hence raising our expectations to recieve passport within first 2 - 3 weeks since the date it is sent out.

However, nobody commented on my second questions about the slightest possibility for them to change their mind after withdrawing the original decision, not sure if this has ever happened in the past..

Hope u would hear good news soon insha Allah, pray for me brov, i'll keep u posted with my case status if/when update becomes available on it.

Regards
Ali xxx.

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:32 am

everyday_4_u wrote:Ali Asghar, Thanks for reply, As for as ur 2nd question is concerned, i do not think they can change their mind again after issuance of call in letter. They do not have that much time to look into the individual cases over and over again. Issuance of Call in letter itself proves that they are satisfied with everything and intended to stick visa on your passport that's why they ask for it and relevant documents. Our documents are dealt by Visa processing team currently not by decision maker team i guess. So do not worry much. They expected to take 8 weeks as it is mention in the call in letter as well. Why do not you send E-mail to them and ask for update. I have seen people sending E-mails and getting reply back as well in such cases.
I wish you very good luck and pray we get our passports soon within this week.

ali_saghar wrote:

Regards
Ali xxx.
Thanks for the reply Everyday, just a quick update, i have just been updated by ISB VAC that my passport is returned and ready for collection, can't be more excited, could have collected it today if they wud've informed a little earlier. Please do pray for me as am way too nervous as well as excited.

Wish you all the best with regards to your application, may you get positive response soonest.

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:38 am

Just updated my signatures!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:49 am

inshallah it wil b stamped bro!..u waited so long!..

everyday_4_u

Post by everyday_4_u » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Thats great news. Finally you are going to collect it tomorrow. Everything will go through positive. I think they took little longer because of EID holidays as people enjoyed holidays almost for the whole week. Wish you very good luck.
I have got up little update as well. My status changed to Under process at BHC yesterday so i am hopeful either this week or next week, i ll get mine.

ali_saghar wrote:Just updated my signatures!!

ali_saghar
Newly Registered

Post by ali_saghar » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:05 pm

Good news guys!!..VISA GRANTED with the grace of Allah, The Almighty, we are just over the moon!! cant be more thankful to Allah, The Greatest.

Naila sis n Everyday, thanks for your duas, support and motivation.

@Naila, decision on your appliation will be overturned soon insha Allah, just stay put and be positive.

@Everyday, thanks a bunch for your encouragment mate!! stay prepared for the good news!!, you will get your passport soon with visa stamped on it insha Allah.

May Allah give us all patience and grant visas to all those who are waiting..ameen sum ameen!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:31 pm

many congratulations to u bro

al we can do is make dua for each other, so dont forget us in urs...

i wish u every success in the future inshallah.ameen