ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Stamping of Tier 1 Visa on Renewed Indian Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

meetvans

Re-Stamping of Tier 1 Visa on Renewed Indian Passport

Post by meetvans » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Hi,

I intend to apply for Schengen Visa in few days time.
However, had a concern over my Passport. I got my passport recently renewed and my old passport has the Tier-1 Visa stamped and valid until 2013.

Can I submit both the passports together while applying or do I really need to transfer the visas across to my new passport?

Appreciate an advice .

Kind Regards,
XXXX

gaugupta

Hi

Post by gaugupta » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Hi,

You need to submit both the passport if you apply for any visa....even while travelling also you need to carry both the passport.

Thanks

Gaurav

meetvans

Re: Hi

Post by meetvans » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Thanks Gaurav for your prompt reply.

Yes, would do that. Just don't want to pay extra pounds on transferring all the visas from my old to the new passport.

gaugupta wrote:Hi,

You need to submit both the passport if you apply for any visa....even while travelling also you need to carry both the passport.

Thanks

Gaurav

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:01 pm

you don't *need* to transfer your tier 1 stamp. its valid as long as it says on the stamp itself, even if its on an expired passport!