ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel without Biometric approval letter?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

savitar
Newly Registered

Can I travel without Biometric approval letter?

Post by savitar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering something. I am waiting on getting my passport back (hopefully next week) for an extension to my Tier 1 general and will have to travel as soon as I get it back as I am trying to get to a mates wedding (so will not be able to wait for the biometric pass to arrive)

The question I have is, If I get my passport back in time with the approval indicated (I believe you get a letter saying it was approved), can I travel BEFORE I get the actual Biometrics "pass" or do I have to wait till that comes through (assuming its not on the same day)?

Sorry if this is a silly question but wanted to ensure I understand the process and not get my hopes up if I have to wait fo the biometric pass also.....

gaugupta

Hi

Post by gaugupta » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:59 pm

Hi buddy,

Please see answer below:-

How do I use my biometric residence permit?

Your biometric residence permit is evidence of your permission to stay in the UK, and shows the conditions of your stay. It enables you to confirm your identity and your right to study and/or work here, and to access public services.

You must show the permit to your employer or approved education provider before you start to work or study.

You must take your permit with you if you go abroad while you have permission to stay in the UK. You may need to show the permit to an immigration officer at the border when you leave the UK. You will also need to show it as well as your valid national passport or travel document before you begin your return journey, and again when you re-enter the UK. The permit proves that you are allowed to return to the UK, but it cannot be used instead of a passport or travel document.

savitar
Newly Registered

Post by savitar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm

DOH!! Ok, thanks for that, guess I have to wait for both!

gaugupta

See below thread

Post by gaugupta » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:33 pm