ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success ILR @Croydon--- Work Permit->HSMP->Tier 1->

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

botech79

Success ILR @Croydon--- Work Permit->HSMP->Tier 1->

Post by botech79 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

All,

A big thank you to the forum, moderators who have been really helpful without which it wouldnt have been so easier.

I had the appointment on 10 Nov at Croydon at 9:45.
It was an experience, not at what happened at the Home Office but reaching there by car.

After I got all documents sorted out the day before, my dad reviewed this and he asked me - its clearly stated that you need to take your dependents along with you. DO you have any documents that states you do not have to!!!!
I had lots to say in terms of my friends experince and what the forum advised.
But I felt he was right in saying so, because I didnt have anything with me to say that I need not take my dependents. So decided to have a family trip to the home office. Started by 7 to the Home Office from Wembley. Thouhgt 2.15 was ample time to reach there for my appointment at 9:45.
BUT I was wrong!!!! I havent seen traffic like this ever before in my 5 years stay in London. And this was the first time, the minutes just flew by at each traffic block. I somehow managed to reach there by 9:15 exactly the time I wanted to report there. Phew, that was one hell of an experience.

After that it was all good, as previous mentioend in many posts -
-> Airport style security checks (even better I felt)
-> Asked for the Appointment letter, my Set(O) form.
-> Directed my to a counter for Set(O) checks and few questions - do you have your passports, photos etc etc
-> He stamped the Set(O) form which mentioned "match" and gave me a token numer in the form of a print out and asked me to pay at the counter upstaris.
-> Paid the entire amount and was told to wait in the waiting area where your numer would be called.
->Waited patiently, was called at 11:00, despite my appointment time of 9:45. I had enquired in between and they said they are running late by an hour and a half.
-> The case worked asked for Set(O) and passports.
-> Checked extensively on the system after noting few things from my passport, making several calls in between. Probably seeing my confused/tensed face she said it was just routine checks and I dont have to worry about it.
-> Asked for all documents - nothing asked in particular.
-> After going though few docs she asked if we wanted to know our Life in the UK score and we gladly said yes.
-> Couple of times in between she asked me what my Tier 1 scoring was. I said I wasnt quite sure. She asked me a numer and I said I think that is right.
-> She asked whether I changed employment and asked for P60's, and I gave her the last 3 years where there was a change in employment.
-> Asked for cohabitation docs - provided tenancy agreements and council tax bills.
-> Specipically asked for photostats twice and I siad I have and gave the whole lot to her.

-> She thanked me for bank statements where I had highlighted my salary details.
->Asked to wait for 40 minutes in the waiting area.
->FInally the numer was called and I went to the counter, there was no expression on her face, I was frightened for a sec, but then she said, "Everthings fine" You can come and collect your passports in an hours time. I have given ILR to your child, she said.
Since she was born in the UK, she could have applied for Citizenship, but I chose not to since we are travelling soon and we will not receve the passports soon.

I Thanked the Case Worker and came out for lunch, the sky has never been brighter before!!! It was a huge sign of relief as I had been planning this for quite long and wit hthe morning hassle where I thought I will not make it, it was a day I will remember for a very long time!!!!!

Here is the list of docs I took:

1. Set (O)
2. Passport (me and dependents - wife and child)
3. Photos (2 each with name written on back)
4. Life in the UK certificate (2 nos)
5. 5 years bank statements
6. 3.5 years payslips
7. P 60 (last 3 years)
8. Employment letter from HMRC (covering last 5 years)
9. Employment Reference letter (current employment and previous employment)
10. Work permit + HSMP approval letter + Tier 1 approval letter
11. Cohabitation documents (Marriage certificate, Tier 1 dependent approval letter, Council tax, Tenenancy agreement, bank statements)
12. Child Birth Certificate

NB: With all due respect to all moderators, I think its safer to take your dependents along with you IF you don’t have any documents stating that you need not bring your dependents along with you, even a mail from Home Office would do. Rules keep changing often, it’s a huge amount and its clearly mentioned in the appointment letter. Although they didn’t ask about the dependents, there were lots of people who got their dependents, even babies (4 weeks old)

Once again, thank you all in this forum, if there is anything I can do to help, I definitely will.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:14 am

Congrats botech79 on your ILR Success.

I have my appointment in a couple of days in Sheffield
Please clarrify few Questions:

1.I hope you have paid with the debit card, my question is did you fill the payment section in the application form?

2. In the Documents checklist, what did you mention in the documents to support your tier1 points assessment:
I have a printout from UKBA - points,
I also have tier 1 points approval letter

3. Did you also put photocopy of your application form

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:04 am

Congrats,
did you fill any seperate form like SET(O) for dependent? In my case dependent is staying with me all my duration of stay in UK.

botech79

Post by botech79 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks erpfresh.

For your questions:
1. I paid by Credit card, yes I did fill the credit card details in the payment section.

2. For Tier 1 points assessment - I included all payslips, bankstatement that I submitted for Tier 1 assessment, my degree certificate, Tier 1 approval letter. The case worker didnt ask me for any of those, howevder she asked me couple of times on my points scored for Tier1. She asked whether it was "x" and I said I think so.

3. No photocopy of the application form is not required.

Good luck to you.

botech79

Post by botech79 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 am

Thanks ilrdec11

There is a section in Set(O) itself, where you need to give your dependent details. There are no other forms to fill in.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:25 am

Thanks a lot for your reply botech79.
That was really very kind of you.

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:30 am

Sorry one last question my documents are far more than the columns in the documents checklist page 42
Continue on a separate sheet if necessary and enclose it with this form
Do I have to take a copy of documents checklist page and fill it up or
Can I use a plain A4 size paper to fill the additional documents

Please let me know what you have done

Your reply is much appreciated

botech79

Post by botech79 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I know questions can be endless , same wsa the case with me.

You can write the additional document details in an A4 sheet.

I didnt include any additional sheet for documents but did it for absenses from the UK.

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:46 pm

2. For Tier 1 points assessment - I included all payslips, bankstatement that I submitted for Tier 1 assessment, my degree certificate, Tier 1 approval letter. The case worker didnt ask me for any of those, howevder she asked me couple of times on my points scored for Tier1. She asked whether it was "x" and I said I think so.
Hi Congrats on your success. Could you please let me know if you scored more or equal points compared to previous extension?

erpfresh

Post by erpfresh » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Thank you for your quick reply.

botech79

Post by botech79 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks tssivakumar.

I scored 5 more points. I think in terms of the salary they check if it has increased from the last time you applied for extension.

The moderators can confirm this.

The Case worker didnt ask anything specific but I think I saw something on these lines in the Case Workers manual (Again not 100% sure).