ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extn Visa - Acknowledgement not received yet!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

narendc

Tier 1 Extn Visa - Acknowledgement not received yet!

Post by narendc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:14 am

Hi,
To keep it short, my Tier 1 Visa expires on Nov 24th 2011.
I applied for extension on Oct 31st 2011.
My visa application fees was debited from my bank account on Nov 7th 2011.

But, there is no acknowledgement letter received yet! I know it's currently being processed. But, my employer is asking me to provide the acknowledgement letter without which the company will take a decision whether to continue my employment or not. I called up UKBA couple of times and they advised to wait and my time is running out. I even told my company that I can provide Royal Mail post receipt and bank statement for visa fee debit but they want only the acknowledgement letter. The situation is really out of my control. Can anyone suggest me what to do?

Thanks and Regards,
Naren

gaugupta

Hi

Post by gaugupta » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi,

I would suggest mail them & also sent the letter give reason saying your employeer needs the reference number otherwise your employment will be in trouble, ask them about reference number giving your details like:-

Name
Passport Number
DOB

A) UKBApublicenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

B)

Postal address:
UK Border Agency
Tier 1
PO Box 496
Durham
DH99 1WQ

Thanks

Gaurav

narendc

Post by narendc » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 pm

Appreciate your reply mate. I'll do it straight away, thanks.

Cheers,
Naren

narendc

Post by narendc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:27 am

Hello,
I posted letter and also email. The email is of no use as I got auto reply stating I wouldn't get any other response. My visa expires on 24th Nov, so hardly 3 days left. My employer is chasing me like hell, I think I have to stop working! Any other last minute help? I called ukba customer service but they couldn't track my application. I'll try again!

Cheers,
Naren

narendc

Post by narendc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:32 am

Okay, I called UKBA customer service now around 10 AM(I have been calling since 9AM this morning and says office is closed and advises to call between 9AM-4:30PM, seems like they haven't yet changed their clocks). I was advised to call Employer helpline number(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rshelpline) along with my HR and authorize my employer to make enquiries on my visa application. Hopefully, this should fix my problem.

Cheers,
Naren

narendc

Post by narendc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Hello,
Can anyone let me know given the timelines of the current application processing, if I can get my passport back by Dec 8th at the latest? I haven't got my biometrics letter yet! I have my holiday planned on Dec 9th. Really worried! :(

Cheers,
Naren

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:44 pm

You need to look at the relevant sticky topic for application processing timelines.