ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension - Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Extension - Maintenance funds

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 pm

I will have to apply for my extension next year March 2012. I am here on Tier 1 visa (applied before april 2009).

1 Main + 2 Dependents

Questions are:

What is the minimum Maintenance fund we have to keep in our account?

Also how much is the application fees for all 3 of us?

Many thanks
Jedi001

kakamanna
Newly Registered

Re: Few Questions

Post by kakamanna » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 pm

Jedi001 wrote:Hi Kakamanna,

Could you please answer few questions for me as well?

I will have to apply for my extension next year March 2012. I am here on Tier 1 visa (applied before april 2009).

1 Main + 2 Dependents

Questions are:

That depends on the length of stay of the Main application in the UK. See application form for more details

It depends on the service you are using for extension. I paid £2600 for PEO service

Many thanks
[/b]

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Few Questions

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:58 pm

Jedi001 wrote:Hi Kakamanna,

Could you please answer few questions for me as well?

1 Main + 2 Dependents

Questions are:

Many thanks
I hope the below would help -

If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. Please note dependants of Tier 1 Investors do not need to satisfy the maintenance requirement.

If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.

For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800 + £800).

If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.

If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an additional £533 in available funds.

I hope this clears your doubts

Thanks,
R
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Jedi001 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:23 pm

If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.

The above example is the one which is the best suited for my situation. However We are 1 Main Applicant + 2 Dependents, so I am assuming we have to keep £800 + (£533 x 2) = £ 1866 for 90 continues days.

Hope I have got this right.

Could you also please confirm what was the application fees? I am planning to apply @ Croydon.

Also is it possible for you to post the direct UKBA link where you booked your appointment.

Kind Regards
Jedi001
Jedi001