ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT: HSMP visa stamping, will existing WP is still valid?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tcp
Newly Registered

URGENT: HSMP visa stamping, will existing WP is still valid?

Post by tcp » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:14 pm

Hi All,

I would be grateful to you if somebody could respond to my queries related to HSMP and visa stamping

(I am in UK currently working for one indian based organisation)

a. I have applied for HSMP in April 2006 and got approval by May 2006. When i applied for HSMP my age was 27 (DOB 10-08-1979) and i am in UK.
(HSMP approval letter is valid for 6 months and it is valid till 25th of Nov 2006)
b. I haven't sent my passport for stamping yet and i am planning to do it now. But i have got few queries related to it
a. Now i turned into age 28, so will that approval letter is still valid?
b. Which form should i use for stamping and what documents i have to enclose
c. I have got vaild WP and it expires by May 2007 and i want to resign from that company and look for a contracting job. if i get stamped based on my HSMP approval letter...will my existing visa valid? if it is how long will it be valid.
d. With that new visa can i still continue my work with old organistation.

Regards,
CP

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:04 pm

Now i turned into age 28, so will that approval letter is still valid?
Yes
b. Which form should i use for stamping and what documents i have to enclose
FLR(IED) form

You will need to do a search on the forum. This has been discussed in detail plenty of times.
I have got vaild WP and it expires by May 2007 and i want to resign from that company and look for a contracting job. if i get stamped based on my HSMP approval letter...will my existing visa valid? if it is how long will it be valid.
The minute you have your visa stamped based on HSMP approval your previous visa will be invalidated.

Yes

tcp
Newly Registered

Post by tcp » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:45 pm

Thanks alot Mwazir,

Finally one clarification related to point (d)

what I would like to know is,

as you replied that "the minute my visa stamped based on HSMP approval my previous visa will be invalidated". The question is

Can i still continue the work with my company whose visa will be invalidated after visa stamped on HSMP approval or do i need to resign and join as a contractor?

If i continue the work will this be a illegal? As far as i think, if i go back to india and come to UK at immigration counter they may ask which company i am working for?

I would be grateful if you could reply/clarify asap and am ready to send my passport for stamping.

Thanks In Advance,
CP

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:03 pm

Hi tcp,
Quote:

Yes
Question already answered in the previous post. HSMP visa allows you to work without restrictions (unlike WP which binds you to 1 employer). If you wish to, you can inform your employer that you have changed to HSMP visa.

regards