ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter - Tax owed to HMRC

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CullenD
Newly Registered

Letter - Tax owed to HMRC

Post by CullenD » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:53 am

Hello all,

I am due to apply for ILR soon (currently on Teir 1) and last night in the post I received a letter saying that I under-paid my tax for the year by £291. I am PAYE, not self-employed. They said it will just be collected through my tax code during 2012.

I have been with the same employer and paid all tax legally, I think it was just an over-sight by my employer not informing them of a taxable medical benefit.

My question is, would this underpayment affect my ILR application in anyway?

Thanks in advance for your help
David

aspirant09

Post by aspirant09 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:35 pm

I have a had a similar case, I guess the answer I got from the forum member was that its not relevant.
So tax over/under paid doesn't effect your ILR application.
thanks
:-)

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:21 pm

i had the simillar letter and I just got IRL yesterday so i dont think it is a problem. as long as you follow the instructions.

CullenD
Newly Registered

Post by CullenD » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks for your replies, much appreciated :)