ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Success at Solihull - HSMP JR with single trip >90 days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Angela Jiang

Success at Solihull - HSMP JR with single trip >90 days

Post by Angela Jiang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:03 pm

Hi guys:

I would like to share my experience with you all and I hope it can help you with your preparation, in the way I got helped by those people who shared their experience. Big thank you to this Forum.

My(1 Person) application is based on HSMP 2 years+ Tier 1 Under HSMP JR 3 years worked for 1 employer for 4.5 years. I had a single trip of 102 days, and total of my business trip was 236 days, both way over the limit.

Here goes, I arrived at 8:10am for 9am appointment, and the door opened at 8:30, before security checks, someone asked me to show my application form, but he didnt go through the pages at all, and he asked how I will pay. I answered pay by credit card and he is fine with it and then i went through security checks.

10 minutes after taken the number, at about 8:50am my number was called, and the caseworker first asked for application form and all passports i had. when he roughly went through my form, he focused on that separate page I made for all absence(Date left the UK,Date returned to the UK,Reason for absence,Days of absence,Paid byEmployer,Country Stamp,Passport page number). He asked me to sign and date it. I did then he started checking the histroy of my hsmp application, and he found my first HSMP was refused, he asked if I reapplied or I did appeal, I answered I reapplied, he said that's fine and he said he asked just because it was on his screen so he would like to double check with me, nothing wrong. At the time I felt he is very kind to explain to me. He then asked me for 3 month pay slips and 3 month bank statements and police registration(cos my case required). He then started to say that my absence are too many than what they can accept. I explained that was because I needed to travel for work, he immediately responded that it will be upto them to decide whether they accept, but still I had too many absence and there is no such a rule in the policy these many absence can be discounted even if they are for business purpose. At the time I felt he didnt like to hear what I am try to say and I shut up said ok I understand, sorry. He then said in this case I will need to see your employer letter and it has to be on the company letterhead and signed. I did my home work and I told him I had two letter from my managing director, and they are signed and on company letterhead. He took them and he said I will need to go to his senior caseworker to double check with her. He left for half minute and back with all other documents but two employer letters. He sat down and started his tapping on the computer, after about a few second he said please be patient, senior officer is going through with it. I said okay I will wait. I was sitting in front of him, and he did his checks for about 3-4 minutes and he said he suggusts me to sit back and wait in the waiting area until I will be called again. I stood up ready to go and then suddenly senior caseworker came with letters, he then stopped me from leaving and said oh, it is far sooner than he was expected. So he said you case is approved, please go to pay. I then went to pay, and then I can leave and came back within 2 hours to get my passport.

So this is the summary:
8:50 start my interview
9:05 being told I will be granted IRL
11:00 got passport back

Documents requested:
Application form
my current and previous passports
3 months pay slips
3 months bank statements
police registration(in my case i need)
employer letter

Regarding the employer letters, I prepared two, which i belive had enough information they need to know.

First letter contains all basic information about me, name, date of start, salary, paid leave allowance, table of holidays(Date left
the UK, Date returned to the UK,Days of absence,Paid Leave yes or no, Marks section tells if inline with each year's paid leave allowance), table of business trip(Date left the UK, Date returned to the UK,Days of absence, country,Jobs done during business trip), in the end, letter tells i was getting paid fully in the UK, and tax all paid

Second separate letter, I asked my boss emphasis on 3 key points:

1. That prolonged business trip was at compelling circumstance and it was necessary. You had no choice but to let me stay until the task was finished in early October.

2. I was irreplaceable and I am the only person who can speak the langrage and capable of solving the unexpected problems abroad.

3. I am a good employee, and you would like to continue hiring me in the future.

I am very happy to answer any questions you may have.

regards
Angela

Calos
Newly Registered

Post by Calos » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:27 pm

Hi, Angela, Congratulations. Do you mind to share which office you applied for? And do they ask for some questions before you commence your application? such as continuously to work five yeras, no single trip longer than 90 days? Thanks for sharing.

ilrdec11

Post by ilrdec11 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:41 pm

I am planning to apply on Tier1 G. do I need police certificate?

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:54 pm

Calos wrote:Hi, Angela, Congratulations. Do you mind to share which office you applied for? And do they ask for some questions before you commence your application? such as continuously to work five yeras, no single trip longer than 90 days? Thanks for sharing.

I applied at Solihull.
For my case, they did not ask much, only want to see if i have application form, didnt go through details, no other questions.

from other people, i understood that at this office, they will not charge you till they will approve your case, and if they already found the problems before security checks, they will ask you to leave.

Angela Jiang

Post by Angela Jiang » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 pm

ilrdec11 wrote:I am planning to apply on Tier1 G. do I need police certificate?
if your current visa did not write: regester with police then you dont need to , most people do not need.

skano
Newly Registered

paid in UK

Post by skano » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:49 am

Hi Angela,

Do they really check where were you paid during the long absence?

Skano

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: Success at Solihull - HSMP JR with single trip >90 da

Post by fahadz1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:14 am

how many total absences you had ?

in this forum we concluded that there is no senior case worker in solihull ?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 am

Experts,

Does it mean Solihull PEO had a grade 7 SEO officer last year?

Thanks,

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Experts,

Thanks,

One lawyer told me a few days ago that there is a SEO at Sollihul but she is not constantly there.She works in Birmingham ,Leicester and sometimes in Sollihul Peo.. She works in Sollihul only a few day a month. All Birmingham's immigration lawyers have meeting with her at 2 of May.

This particular case maybe was approved by some senior manager, because SEO is woman..
Last edited by ramay on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:09 pm

[quote="ramay"][quote]
Experts,

Thanks,[/quote]

One lawyer told me a few days ago that there is SEO at Sollihul but she is not constantly there.She works in Birmingam ,Leister and sometimes in Sollihul Peo.. She works in Sollihul only a few day a month. All Birmingham's immigration lawyers have meeting with her at 2 of May.

This particular case may was approved by some senior manager, because SEO is woman..[/quote]

Thanks!!! I think some more examples from solihull PEO would help a lot of us with similar issue

Please share your cases people

Thanks,

ramay

Post by ramay » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Angela,
Which case worker have you visited?there is a 5 workers.at fifth window my friend was rejected with more than 90 days absence.
He has been told that there is no SEO at Sollihul who can approve your application..