ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Age and Earning confusion...

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amitc

Age and Earning confusion...

Post by amitc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 am

Hallo all members,

I am due for my ILR next year December but like to maintain my documents from now onwards and that’s the reason seeking few advice regarding my application. My visa status in UK as bellow –

Sep ’05 – Dec’ 07 -- Student
Dec’07 – Dec’09 – HSMP
Dec’ 09 – Dec’12 – T1G

During my initial application for HSMP I got 5 points for age but now as per my current age (will be 35 next year) I won’t get any age point. I have consulted with a solicitor and he advised me that I will get age points on the basis of initial application. Can anyone please confirm me whether I will get any points for age?

My second confusion is regarding my earning points. I am employed (2 jobs) and also I am director of 2 companies. One of my businesses is going in loss where as other one is doing profit and I like to take dividend from that company also I will take salary from that. Now my question is do I need to show both of my businesses? If I show my business which is going on loss, do they deduct loss amount from other business profit? I don’t know if I made it clear to you or not. Let’s give one example-

Abc limited – going on loss 20000 yearly
Xyz limited – going on profit and I will take dividend of 12000

Now, please tell me how case worker will calculate my earnings? Is it 12000 or (20000-12000) -8000?

Waiting for experts comments. Thanks in advance.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:12 pm

re- AGE. You will get 5 points as per your Initial Application.

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks innocentdevil for your advice.
Re earnings, I think I shouldnt show my business which is going in loss.

Can you please guide me when is my ILR due? my initial application is issued on 10/12/07 and Tier 1 is valid till 21/12/12. Is it 28 days before initial application date or from the date, visa will expire?
Thanks in advance.

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

Generally from the date you entered the country. But in your case as you switched from student visa to HSMP, it should be the date HSMP was granted.