ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 ILR with Depended cohabitation & 1yr employment b

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

knigh7

Tier 1 ILR with Depended cohabitation & 1yr employment b

Post by knigh7 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi,

I have two questions, I am hoping to apply in a few weeks using the same day service. I have been on a work permit then on HSMP (after JR, so JR does not apply) then Tier 1

1- I took a one year break between 2009 and 2010 so I do not have a P60 is this going to be a problem? I score 105 points, meeting the min for each category.

2- I did not know that I need to have evidence of cohabitation, we do not have council tax bills and my wife and I are both registered at the same GP but I used my work address to register for the GB. She uses my bank card so we did not need to have.

My question is if we applying with a joint application, if my wife gets refused as we do not have sufficient cohabitation proof, does that mean that they will refuse my application as well? Is it wiser for my to apply for ILR then my wife apply separately?

*I have asked my GP for a letter confirming that we are both registered there
*our two years old sons birth certificate
*letter from friends and family stating that we are a married couple and they have known us for years

tssivakumar
Newly Registered

Post by tssivakumar » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:17 am

Hi

For what reason was this one year break for? Were you paid in the UK during that time? If not, you will not qualify for 5 years period.

Regarding cohabitation, documents could be tenancy agreement, bills for utilities, etc. Also take your marriage certificate in case you do not have sufficient proof. But always adviceable to go with enough proof. In our case, we were not asked a single cohabitation document..May be because my wife applied as my dependant for the past four years and last visa extension was in April 2011.